British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

12/09/19 Premiership supporters cup trophy 1st leg Belle Vue. v Swindon.

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

Although I kind of see your point about management decisions and a come down after missing playoffs, this is still a cup final, it’s not a meaningless challenge meeting at end of season. It’s the last senior meeting of the season and with the current owners 3 year deal coming to an end it could be a winter or uncertainty again.

Agreed,.

I haven't been to an Aces meeting all season as given up Mickey Mouse domestic top two leagues Speedway, (been to a few Colts matches though and they have been spot on), however if I had been attending all year then I would have gone tonight..

Just because it would seem a bit OTT to make a stand against the promoters, and decide not to go to the last match of the season, when you've been all year..

I reckon 1200 to 1400 or so will still be in attendance especially as Swindon are taking a good few..

And if they get that many it won't be a bad crowd I would suggest..

Edit : just read the info re Kenny...

If he doesn't make it then maybe s few might get knocked off the attendance..

Edited by mikebv

5 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

It looks like kenneth will miss the meeting as his flight doesnt land till half 7. (If that's the flight hes on) 

Probably from Billund- now estimated 7.45pm

23 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

I understand your view and that's fair enough but if you apply that logic to say for example the Premier League where only two or three teams have any hope of winning silverware clubs like Palace or Southampton for example who are always in the lower reaches season after season would be playing to empty terraces. Fans obviously want to see their teams win but fans of clubs like the two examples attend because of a love of the sport and a lifetime commitment to the particular club. Maybe you've just fallen out of love with the sport in general.

Football is exciting. The premier league is a wonderful product, and also somewhat corrupt, though that's a different story. However the same principle, personally, still applies from my perspective. 

If Manchester City were failing to meet my expectations then I would stop attending.

As it happens, they are the most innovative, forward thinking club on planet earth, but again that's another story.

16 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

It looks like kenneth will miss the meeting as his flight doesnt land till half 7. (If that's the flight hes on) 

What is the consequence of this? Is it RR

7 minutes ago, acef said:

Nope. We dont get a facility. If we use rr bjerre gets a ban. Might aswell get the ban. Only 2 matches left 

8 minutes ago, acef said:

No facility, has to be junior like Kings Lynn.

19 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Probably from Billund- now estimated 7.45pm

He flew from Billund to Brussells. Brussells to Manchester should have landed 5.15pm but is now estimated 7.35pm.

1 minute ago, Rob B said:

He flew from Billund to Brussells. Brussells to Manchester should have landed 5.15pm but is now estimated 7.35pm.

Has anyone got a new lid for that coffin. The old one is full of nails.

Not good news for BV tonight and the overall tie. Would imagine Swindon management would be happy with a defeat tonight that keeps it close so the crowd is decent next week. If no facility at 5 it's probably going to be all over tonight.

6 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Not good news for BV tonight and the overall tie. Would imagine Swindon management would be happy with a defeat tonight that keeps it close so the crowd is decent next week. If no facility at 5 it's probably going to be all over tonight.

Can't imagine they'd be happy with defeat will be a good crowd regardless on Thursday 

If we declare him in the meeting and he gets excluded under 2 minutes in his first ride can we put a reserve in.

Delay the start, his 2nd ride wont be until about half 8 so he should have arrived by then

10 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Can't imagine they'd be happy with defeat will be a good crowd regardless on Thursday 

Hope so. The cup doesn't usually bring them in 

Injured on his delayed flight!

Will await to see if he still gets a ban