British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

12/09/19 Premiership supporters cup trophy 1st leg Belle Vue. v Swindon.

It’s not the fact that Bjerre was missing that bothered me it was the fact it took them until around 9.00am today to inform the fans he was injured.

He was listed to ride in the pre match review even commenting on the fact they had a full side for once.

Personally I think it’s unforgivable in this day and age with social media available to everyone at a moments notice. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pirate Nick said:

And that is all that is wrong with speedway, of course it makes a difference. The guy was clearly delayed by over 2 hrs and wouldn’t have made the start of the meeting if he made it at all. Then all of a sudden he’s injured? It stinks that the powers that be (such as they are) have allowed this. 

coming from a poole fan :rofl::party: poole are off the scale for pulling fast ones enough said !!

41 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

It’s not the fact that Bjerre was missing that bothered me it was the fact it took them until around 9.00am today to inform the fans he was injured.

He was listed to ride in the pre match review even commenting on the fact they had a full side for once.

Personally I think it’s unforgivable in this day and age with social media available to everyone at a moments notice. 

It was posted on Twitter and Facebook at 6.22pm last night he was injured 

• Like 1

I wasn't happy about the Bjerre situation last night but I don't think that any rules were broken.

Bjerre said on Twitter on Wednesday night that he had crashed in his last 2 races in Denmark and published on Instagram the photograph of him coming off the back of his bike. I have no doubt that he would have suffered injury as a result. On Thursday his flight was delayed by more than 2 and a half hours meaning he would miss the meeting. The were therefore two reasons for his absence and unsurprisingly Belle Vue decided to use the injury, which gave them the better facility of r/r. It was bending the rules but not in the way some have done to get in a better rider. We were weaker without him. The rule book needs to be rewritten but it isn't easy to legislate sensibly for every eventuality.

The persistent rain meant that the racing was processional in the first half of the meeting but improved as the track dried out with some very good races. I didn't expect us to win by 8 without Bjerre but doubt it will be enough.

Bewley and Lidsey were impressive as was Musielak who fought hard for his points.

Edited by Aces51

We could have just used the rr anyway. Which qould have resulted in bjerre getting a ban and we could have used s guest thursdsy. So no difference really by saying he was injured 

Edited by Phil The Ace

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

coming from a poole fan :rofl::party: poole are off the scale for pulling fast ones enough said !!

Just because he's a Poole and well done for recognising that he is a Poole fan, doesn't mean he agrees with everything Poole do.

Will Kenny be fit for the 2ng Leg?

What did the World Class Medical team at Brussels' Airport diagnose?..

Strange place, and a long way to go with an injury to an Airport but he must trust the Doctors there I suppose..

And got the chance to take some photos of planes too, so all in all not a bad afternoon for KB..;)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, geoff58 said:

Usual constructive reply from geoff58. 

Edited by Pirate Nick
  • Like 3

As Phil Said Belle Vue would have had r/r anyway, it's just Bjerre would then have been banned from the 2nd leg.  Makes no difference to last night.

16 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

You definitely didn't go tonight then lol.

Suspect this guy never actually goes....very similar to that other poster with multi aliases saying it goes when in fact it never does, funny coincidence that....not making assumptions of course B)

Edited by hagonshocker
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Pirate Nick said:

Usual constructive reply from geoff58. 

correct tho !!

• Haha 1

Better result than expected at one stage. Given the rain we had it was lucky to be on. Not sure if 8 up will be enough at Robins. Bit of a dodgy cheating stuff with KB but nothing that hasn’t been done by others in the past. People in glass houses etc..! Tbh I’m not a big fan of this MMC comp and the odd rules. And judging by the poor attendance others thought the same and stayed away. Still we might just get something from it, for what it’s worth?

1 hour ago, hagonshocker said:

Suspect this guy never actually goes....very similar to that other poster with multi aliases saying it goes when in fact it never does, funny coincidence that....not making assumptions of course B)

You are very good at addressing other people in 2nd hand conversation about me. Be a man and have the balls to talk to me directly.

There are people who will vouch that I attend every meeting, some on these boards.

Not that I have to prove a thing to you.

Grow some bollox 

• Like 1

I can vouch that acef does attend every meeting. And is not one of the alias 

• Like 1

I actually think we have done enough to win it. We will be edged out by 2 away. So that will do us. GET IN.

• Haha 1