British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

12/09/19 Premiership supporters cup trophy 1st leg Belle Vue. v Swindon.

Maybe we could have won by a bigger margin with Kenneth in the team but:-

1. His four programmed rides scored paid 10 - and Kenneth would probably have scored about the same?

2. Even if Kenneth had scored 10 (rather than the 6+4 gained from R/R) he couldn't have bettered the 2 x 5-1s in his heat 9 and 13 rides and, had he finished second to Musielak and Doyley (both quite possible) in heats 3 and 5, then Jaimon Lidsey would have been third, so still 3-3s.

Yes, we could have won 51-39 if Kenneth had been nominated in and won heat 15, and so turning the Robins 4-2 into an Aces 4-2.

Yes, we could have won 51-39 had Kenneth scored a 12 point maximum from his four programmed rides and then been last in heat 15 as Stevie Worrall was.

Yes, we could have even won 53-37 had Kenneth done both - scored a 12 point max from his programmed rides and then won heat 15.

Not impossible, of course, but given how Dan Bewley stated after the match how the track had changed through the night, and that Swindon's top 5 all won at least one race (as did one of their reserves) realistically was any individual rider going to put 5 winning rides together?

Of course Aces supporters would have loved to have seen a 51-39 or 53-37 scoreline, but on the night (and remember Ellis Perks lost a point (and Aces gained one) with his last bend engine failure in heat 2) the 49-41 scoreline most probably would have been the same even if Kenneth had been riding.

I would imagine too that is not very often you see:-

1. A home team win the match after having only one heat winner prior to heat 9.

2. An away team have six of its' seven riders win a heat.

3. And then that away team lose the match.

Edited by BarracudaAce
'missing text'

1 hour ago, BarracudaAce said:

Maybe we could have won by a bigger margin with Kenneth in the team but:-

1. His four programmed rides scored paid 10 - and Kenneth would probably have scored about the same?

2. Even if Kenneth had scored 10 (rather than the 6+4 gained from R/R) he couldn't have bettered the 2 x 5-1s in his heat 9 and 13 rides and, had he finished second to Musielak and Doyley (both quite possible) in heats 3 and 5, then Jaimon Lidsey would have been third, so still 3-3s.

Yes, we could have won 51-39 if Kenneth had been nominated in and won heat 15, and so turning the Robins 4-2 into an Aces 4-2.

Yes, we could have won 51-39 had Kenneth scored a 12 point maximum from his four programmed rides and then been last in heat 15 as Stevie Worrall was.

Yes, we could have even won 53-37 had Kenneth done both - scored a 12 point max from his programmed rides and then won heat 15.

Not impossible, of course, but given how Dan Bewley stated after the match how the track had changed through the night, and that Swindon's top 5 all won at least one race (as did one of their reserves) realistically was any individual rider going to put 5 winning rides together?

Of course Aces supporters would have loved to have seen a 51-39 or 53-37 scoreline, but on the night (and remember Ellis Perks lost a point (and Aces gained one) with his last bend engine failure in heat 2) the 49-41 scoreline most probably would have been the same even if Kenneth had been riding.

I would imagine too that is not very often you see:-

1. A home team win the match after having only one heat winner prior to heat 9.

2. An away team have six of its' seven riders win a heat.

3. And then that away team lose the match.

11 last places for Swindon as well meant most races were 3-3 even if they won the race.

2 hours ago, craigACE said:

I actually think we have done enough to win it. We will be edged out by 2 away. So that will do us. GET IN.

Have you seen our 2 results at Swindon this year?

6 hours ago, Rob B said:

Have you seen Ipswich's 2 results at Swindon this year?

Surprised Fricko only won one race at number one. Has to do better at Blunsdon otherwise Vue will be murdered, again.

Edited by auntie doris

On 9/13/2019 at 3:50 PM, Speedtiger said:

Better result than expected at one stage. Given the rain we had it was lucky to be on. Not sure if 8 up will be enough at Robins. Bit of a dodgy cheating stuff with KB but nothing that hasn’t been done by others in the past. People in glass houses etc..! Tbh I’m not a big fan of this MMC comp and the odd rules. And judging by the poor attendance others thought the same and stayed away. Still we might just get something from it, for what it’s worth?

A terrible post a lot of vitriol/ hatred there if you don't like Lemon stay away your tone has been the same all year.

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

A terrible post a lot of vitriol/ hatred there if you don't like Lemon stay away your tone has been the same all year.

Sidney the Stasi, My post didn’t even mention lemon?

But I think you should take a look at where bv finished up this season and you will see my  criticism of Lemo is more than justified. Also I pay my entrance ticket so I’m entitled as anybody to voice my opinions when I’m disappointed. So no I won’t stay away!:D

Edited by Speedtiger

22 hours ago, Rob B said:

I am still confident.

4 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Unfortunately Sid we have a few so called fans who would rather post negativity.We are watching the best speedway in the country on the best track and still people are moaning.We are probably running a tight budget including a very good side in the National League so maybe changes couldn't be made.Anyway if they want to watch the playoffs so much they can come to the Colts matches lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

Sidney the Stasi, My post didn’t even mention lemon?

But I think you should take a look at where bv finished up this season and you will see my  criticism of Lemo is more than justified. Also I pay my entrance ticket so I’m entitled as anybody to voice my opinions when I’m disappointed. So no I won’t stay away!:D

You  have been unhappy all year Tiger !!!! there are only seven teams someone had to miss out. Next year the core of Fricke,, Lidsey,Bewley,Etheridge looks very promising indeed better times ahead.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

You  have been unhappy all year Tiger !!!! there are only seven teams someone had to miss out. Next year the core of Fricke,, Lidsey,Bewley,Etheridge looks very promising indeed better times ahead.

Superb post.  We have made the play offs ,the last, 4 years running and with 3 cup finals to boot.  The current promotion have had to pay off huge debt, yet we have Fricke, Bewley and Lidsey all Aces assetts with a huge future.  Yes I'm as disappointed as most to miss out this year but as you say someone has too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

Superb post.  We have made the play offs ,the last, 4 years running and with 3 cup finals to boot.  The current promotion have had to pay off huge debt, yet we have Fricke, Bewley and Lidsey all Aces assetts with a huge future.  Yes I'm as disappointed as most to miss out this year but as you say someone has too.

Ace if the Aces can get Palin, Flint, Bailey alongside there young  asset Bickley to commit there longterm future to the club the future looks bright.No reason at all why all those lads would not ride for that great club and i hope all of them sign it would be great for there development.Last year at Swindon we had a huge disappointment of missing out but that is life take it on the chin and comeback stronger.This year the Aces fans can take the consolation of seeing young Fricke kick on and become a full time GP rider one hell of a achievement you have alot to look forward to.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

Absolutely love Lidsey and to think one or two questioned keeping him after he had a slight struggle earlier in the season, definitely has a great future in fact I think it's already started recently looking forward to seeing him again Thursday 

• Like 1

There were fans calling for a couple of the team to be replaced but very few were questioning keeping Lidsey, most could see his obvious talent. 

I don't expect us to win on Thursday but hopefully we can improve on our previous performances at the new track. 

Fricke has said he wants to be back next year. Bewley is now getting over his serious injuries and showing again how good he can be and is on an attractive average. Lidsey is only going to improve and Bjerre seems to have good seasons when he's at the NSS. If we can keep those  4 we should have a good start to team building for 2020. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aces51 said:

There were fans calling for a couple of the team to be replaced but very few were questioning keeping Lidsey, most could see his obvious talent. 

I don't expect us to win on Thursday but hopefully we can improve on our previous performances at the new track. 

Fricke has said he wants to be back next year. Bewley is now getting over his serious injuries and showing again how good he can be and is on an attractive average. Lidsey is only going to improve and Bjerre seems to have good seasons when he's at the NSS. If we can keep those  4 we should have a good start to team building for 2020. 

We could conceivably be worse if Bjerre goes to East Anglia

Myself and many said Lidsey was a steal on that average and so it has proved. I haven't checked the detail, but he seems to have got better as a 2nd string.

If Max wants to come back, it's a no brainer.

Bewley has been poor, the last bit of the season apart. To be expected but was always a risk. That said, a reasonable average which will see him as 2nd string most likely. Again, easy choice.

What that does mean is Steve will probably go and that is the right choice. Its going to be one of him or Dan. Middle order wasnt good and I think it represents too much risk bringing both back.

I would keep Jye.

So essentially its Max, Kenneth, Dan, Jye and Lidsey. The rest can go. It's a decent core to build around.

I'd be looking to get Holder, and then go with Kyle at reserve. 

Fricke 

Bewley

Holder

Lidsey/Sedgman 

Bjerre

Etheridge 

Bickley

Like the look of that team.

Edited by acef