British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

12/09/19 Premiership supporters cup trophy 1st leg Belle Vue. v Swindon.

11 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Thirty pounds for coach, entrance, programme, great value a great  gesture.It will be great to get loads of the Aces fans travelling down for the return leg on there last visit to the Abbey they brought a fair few.

That is a absolute bargain. Shame i cannot do it.

On 9/6/2019 at 7:23 PM, lisa-colette said:

I would say BV need 12-14 point lead realistically. Can you use TS in this?

No, rules do not allow TS in 2 legged ties.

Should have been on last night! went past stadium on train from Man Piccadilly.

We scored more at Peterborough than swindon did. 

So in my head that means an easy belle vue win. :)

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

LOL,

7 (guest) - 3 + 1

v

7 (guest) - 18

No idea who will win, but not sure your logic holds up ;)

Robins have to be favourites for this title (Wolves for the Premiership IMO), but it’s a funny old game!

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

If you get a win at BV you then have to ride at Blunsdon where the last meeting ended 58 - 32.

17 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

If you get a win at BV you then have to ride at Blunsdon where the last meeting ended 58 - 32.

We don't have anything like that sort of home advantage and that is why Swindon are firm favourites.

Not bothering with this one. Missing the play off has dampened my spirits somewhat! Lost interest so wont be attending.

Would imagine swindon will win both legs actually. They have been threatening a win at the NSS all season. Even if its bv win, it will be marginal and not a prayer we are doing it over 2 legs.

Shame the 2nd leg is away. Had we been within 10 points coming home then that may have lit a fire for a lot of people, as it is many just cant be assed 

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, acef said:

Not bothering with this one. Missing the play off has dampened my spirits somewhat! Lost interest so wont be attending.

Would imagine swindon will win both legs actually. They have been threatening a win at the NSS all season. Even if its bv win, it will be marginal and not a prayer we are doing it over 2 legs.

Shame the 2nd leg is away. Had we been within 10 points coming home then that may have lit a fire for a lot of people, as it is many just cant be assed 

So you’re a Belle Vue fan, living in Manchester and your team have made a cup final. Their opponents tonight feature a recent world champion and are considered to be amongst one of the top teams in the country. Two top teams racing on what’s said to be  the top track in the country and you can’t be bothered. 

Are you sure youre you’re a speedway fan ?

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, acef said:

Wow - I'm gobsmacked

27 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

So you’re a Belle Vue fan, living in Manchester and your team have made a cup final. Their opponents tonight feature a recent world champion and are considered to be amongst one of the top teams in the country. Two top teams racing on what’s said to be  the top track in the country and you can’t be bothered. 

Are you sure youre you’re a speedway fan ?

Does make you wonder

There are loads stating they are not going. Will be the smallest ever final crowd. Not sure why. As you say. It's a final. And a chance to win a trophy. I'll be at both legs. Come on aces 

• Like 1

The Premiership season has ended in disaster but this is a final so we need to be cheering the lads on. In it to win it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

There are loads stating they are not going. Will be the smallest ever final crowd. Not sure why. As you say. It's a final. And a chance to win a trophy. I'll be at both legs. Come on aces 

Makes me laugh when people moan non stop about less meetings every year and thats a reason why people lose the bug for speedway. Then you get a cup final, decent weather, 2 good teams and the last meeting until March and people don't go!!! Absolute madness!!!

• Like 5

I must say aswell. There are 60 Swindon fans travelling  up. 

Fantastic support and will show us up. 

They will outnumber us today