British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

12/09/19 Premiership supporters cup trophy 1st leg Belle Vue. v Swindon.

First visit to the NSS. Excellent facility and superb viewing down the back straight. Special mention to the Yorkshireman, I think it was John, who introduced himself and we had a good chat and a bit of banter.

Well done to the Aces. Bjerre not riding should have meant a win for the Robins in all honesty but credit to the Aces for battling and securing a deserved win on the night with Lidsey and Bewley starring.

Alpen showed much better form and was in the mix all the way and Doyle was great in 3 and poor in 2. The rest was a mixed bag.

Should be silverware for the Robins next week but shouldn’t take The Aces lightly.

Edited by theblueboy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Didn’t BV have a choice of riders in heat 15? Worrall?

Worrall or reserves.

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Didn’t BV have a choice of riders in heat 15? Worrall?

I though that a rider couldn't ride in 13,14 and 15??  If right I would of used Dan. As Lidsey had rode in 13 and 14

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I though that a rider couldn't ride in 13,14 and 15??  If right I would of used Dan. As Lidsey had rode in 13 and 14

Bewley was chosen in the supporters vote for heat 14 along with Lidsey.

Well after the Moaning I went.

Shame the rain put paid to any type of spectacle, track was wet and it made ftg racing, last 2 races aside.

Surprised by the win tbh, especially without Bjerre.

Got to fancy Swindon though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Racing got a lot better in 2nd half of meeting, there was a deep outside line if you were brave enough and inside was working for dive bombs. 

Surprised we won by 8 in the end without Bjerre and Fricke was poor, one of his worst home meetings of the season wasn’t gating and looked slow. 

Was going to mention max.

I don’t think he made a jump all night. Very strange.

All things considered, with Bjerre and with him at 3, we probably would have took a much bigger lead.

Track was a leveller in the first half of the meeting.

Least we go there with something to defend.

6 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Bewley was chosen in the supporters vote for heat 14 along with Lidsey.

Just checked. You are correct :t:

All to play for. Come on you tangerines!

Just happy to get a win on the night with no Bjerre, wasn't expecting that, no way will 8 be enough I wouldn't have been confident with double that given our woeful away form. What are Robins fans thoughts on the play offs? Do you think your top 5 will see you home or do you think the lack of points from reserve will be your downfall?

6 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Just happy to get a win on the night with no Bjerre, wasn't expecting that, no way will 8 be enough I wouldn't have been confident with double that given our woeful away form. What are Robins fans thoughts on the play offs? Do you think your top 5 will see you home or do you think the lack of points from reserve will be your downfall?

They are going to struggle if they end up at Wolves. The problem with Swindon is one of there too 5 always goes missing on the road. Last time at BV it was Tobias, and tonight it was Jensen. Role reversal.

They have the best top 5 in the league but they rarely deliver all at the same time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acef said:

Well after the Moaning I went.

Shame the rain put paid to any type of spectacle, track was wet and it made ftg racing, last 2 races aside.

Surprised by the win tbh, especially without Bjerre.

Got to fancy Swindon though.

No the rain made the first 6 heats a procession after that the meeting was good some really good meetings.  Not bad for a meeting you were going to miss.

Superb result without KB.  Swindon clear favourites but 8 points gives us an outside chance.  

1 minute ago, SUPERACE said:

No the rain made the first 6 heats a procession after that the meeting was good some really good meetings.  Not bad for a meeting you were going to miss.

Don’t agree.

Last 2 races apart, it was FTG. Some close races, but little passing.

Horses for courses.

So Bjerre wasn’t injured judging by his Insta stories. How have BV been able yo pull a fast one & use RR. Should have been a NL rider at 5. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, acef said:

Don’t agree.

Last 2 races apart, it was FTG. Some close races, but little passing.

Horses for courses.

Hat 6 Worrall passed Perks

Heat 10 Worrall and Museliak passed and repassed each other.

Heat11 Bewley passed Ellis.

Heat 14 and 15 were excellent.

But there was plenty of other close racing wheree riders couldn't quite pull off the pass. There was one race where Bewley nearly passed both Swindon riders in one go but couldn't quite pull it off.

• Like 1