British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

12/09/19 Premiership supporters cup trophy 1st leg Belle Vue. v Swindon.

31 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Really....he looks quite happy in all of his posts. Feet up, plenty of time at the airports etc. I would question why he was flying from Denmark to Belgium in the first place...even one of your hardened fans said it was dodgy 

Dodgy yes, can they prove it no.

7 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

If he wasn't injured you would have a NL rider like Lynn, surely ? The difference would be you get to use RR. I know RR didn't go well, but 6 +4 is a lot more than you would of got from a NL rider. Or am I missing something ( it wouldn't be the first time) 

I don't know the details about why Lambert couldn't make it, but if there was no way he could make it due to a delayed/cancelled flight and evidence of that, then I think should have been allowed R/R aswell.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Why are you arguing with me then, all I said was that he wasn’t injured & BV pulled a fast one. 

No you asked HOW Belle Vue were able to pull a fast one and, he explained HOW.

1 minute ago, Rob B said:

The problem is that they had to come up with the injured excuse to get the R/R. Surely if there is a genuine reason that he is delayed and they had the evidence then  R/R should be granted without using the injury excuse.

I agree with your point. It must be a delayed flight with documented proof. However, that’s not the rule that is currently in place. 

4 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

You definitely didn't go tonight then lol.

I definitely did go. Have a look at my response to Rob, by BV standards there was little passing. 

Bend 4. Disabled section. You’ll find me there every home meeting ;-)

Just now, acef said:

I definitely did go. Have a look at my response to Rob, by BV standards there was little passing. 

Bend 4. Disabled section. You’ll find me there every home meeting ;-)

It was tongue in cheek, hence the lol at end :)

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Rob B said:

The problem is that they had to come up with the injured excuse to get the R/R. Surely if there is a genuine reason that he is delayed and they had the evidence then  R/R should be granted without using the injury excuse.

This is the issue. By the rules, it is immoral. But it shouldn’t be.

If missing a flight, or cancelled as it was, and then you’re alternate being delayed, means you have to use a junior, then the rule is wrong and needs changing.

Cue the next reply, I’ll call it now, Jensen and Klindt got back blah blah blah. Yes I know, but there rearranged flights were not delayed.

8 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

It was tongue in cheek, hence the lol at end :)

My apologies. 

Im a little sensitive tonight for some odd reason.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Pirate Nick said:

I agree with your point. It must be a delayed flight with documented proof. However, that’s not the rule that is currently in place. 

Absolutely and the rule needs changing.

26 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

If he wasn't injured you would have a NL rider like Lynn, surely ? The difference would be you get to use RR. I know RR didn't go well, but 6 +4 is a lot more than you would of got from a NL rider. Or am I missing something ( it wouldn't be the first time) 

You’re not missing anything BB.

By the letter of the law BV have not so much broken the rules, just bent them. It’s a classic Poole stunt actually.

It is the rule itself that needs adjusting. If a rider has genuinely missed his flight, made every effort to get on another, does so and that that is delayed as well, then common sense needs applying.

Robert Lambert earlier is totally different. Pretty sure that is a case of Robert in a cant be arsed mode.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acef said:

You’re not missing anything BB.

By the letter of the law BV have not so much broken the rules, just bent them. It’s a classic Poole stunt actually.

It is the rule itself that needs adjusting. If a rider has genuinely missed his flight, made every effort to get on another, does so and that that is delayed as well, then common sense needs applying.

Robert Lambert earlier is totally different. Pretty sure that is a case of Robert in a cant be arsed mode.

Too open to subjectivity. A major inherent problem in UK Speedway's rules..

(a perfect example of this is your opinion of Lamberts reasons)..

Make the rules clear..

You don't turn up, you get banned for 28 days

You produce a sick note, you miss 14 days to help you convalesce. (A caring organisation)..

You produce a 2nd sick note in a season, you miss 28 days (a very caring organisation)..

Poland seem to have all their riders arriving in time, from all parts of Europe every Friday, Saturday and Sunday..

I presume they just must be lucky mustn't they?

Or are those (consequential) contracts they make the riders sign making Poland 'lucky'?

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

Really....he looks quite happy in all of his posts. Feet up, plenty of time at the airports etc. I would question why he was flying from Denmark to Belgium in the first place...even one of your hardened fans said it was dodgy 

There could be a number of scheduling issues leading to unusual routes - just recently I collected a Premiership rider from Heathrow airport who would normally fly from Billund to Stansted but on this occasion had to fly Billund-Stockholm-Heathrow.

Have scored 55 and 58 against Aces this season at The Shabbey. Need to smash in some early 5-1s.

• Like 1

Lets face it, if the Bjerre situation was a Poole rider in a play off match we would be up to 100 pages by now. BV have got away with one big time.

• Like 5

Not the best of meeting's by the NSS standards but there was still some decent racing with Lidsey/Bewley exceptional.Heat seven where  Bewley nearly split Musielak/ Jensen in one swoop was terrific and there was some real tight races where some riders could not quite land a blow.Heat 9 was the turning point when Lidsey/Bewley combined to get a 5.1 over Batchelor the Aces then went on to collect a well deserved win.The second leg is still a tough ask for the Aces but they have a little squeak great to see Bewley getting back slowly to form a really talented lad .Lidsey  for me is a rider developing quickly and he will go on and will be nearing world class in the not to distant future.Came away last night thinking if we get Wolves i just hope we don't get mullered to badly in the first leg therefore making the second leg impossible to pull back the defecit we shall see.

• Like 2