British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
auntie doris

Mcgillvray Bros.

Les scored an impressive 10 points at Wimbledon in a World Championship Qualifying Round in 1955 and scored well for 2nd Division Rayleigh in a challenge at home to Wimbledon, following which he made guest appearances for the Dons against Odsal and Norwich in National League fixtures, together with home and away challenges against Wembley.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, i didn't realise my photo was as early as 1955. Age does play tricks with the memory sometimes!.

6 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Does that site only include league matches. I think Les only appeared in Brittania Shield meetings for Wimbledon.

Certainly the older data is league matches only..

More recent seasons contain other official competitions.

43 minutes ago, frigbo said:

Certainly the older data is league matches only..

More recent seasons contain other official competitions.

Still an excellent source of Data.

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

Still an excellent source of Data.

Thank You....

Thanks for all the responses.

I don't know about Les and Jim McGillivray but I am certain that before taking to speedway Sandy was a leading exponent of cycle speedway.

Edited by Guest

10 hours ago, gustix said:

I don't know about Les and Jim McGillivray but I am certain that before taking to speedway Sandy was a leading exponent of cycle speedway.

If you read the article posted by Midland Red (the very first reply on this thread), it does state that Sandy was National Champion in 1958.

Steve

Edited by chunky

Just for clarification: there are variations on the surname spelling Mcgillvray. Can any member clarify correctly please?

2 minutes ago, gustix said:

Just for clarification: there are variations on the surname spelling Mcgillvray. Can any member clarify correctly please?

That was done in post # 2 !!!! 
You need to concentrate

18 minutes ago, gustix said:

15 minutes ago, iris123 said:

That was done in post # 2 !!!! 
You need to concentrate

Thank you. When I made my query I had a feeling the query would backfire on me snd so it proved.

I guess that I am getting too old for forums and - news that will please many BSF users - need to restrict my participation on BSF speedway history and other threads.

2 minutes ago, gustix said:

Thank you. When I made my query I had a feeling the query would backfire on me snd so it proved.

I guess that I am getting too old for forums and - news that will please many BSF users - need to restrict my participation on BSF speedway history and other threads.

You are not getting too old. Yes, I am defending you... What it comes down to is that you need to read (properly) what is posted. Don't worry, there are a lot of people younger than you who don't do that either...