British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skidder1

Kings Lynn v Poole Monday 9th September (Not on TV)

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Wells has an actual injury, he has just been riding with it. It is not made up! 

Should not have been riding  in the first place then

• Like 2

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Lol 

He has a shoulder injury and has had it for months

He has been perfectly able to ride with it for all this time

Suddenly Edinburgh cant qualify for the play offs after last night

Poole need points to be top of the table

Shock horror he is to injured to ride for Poole

Everyone saw this coming

Its what Poole do......

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Matt will have to tear up that sick note dated today and write out another  :wink:

Image result for tippex pen picsOther makes available :)

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Maybe it's buster playing Poole at their own game,,,,, no no no Mr Ford, track is waterlogged and we will wait till Ricky is back, its not fair on my fans they don't get to see Ricky 

He wouldn't do that ;)

Must of had a localised storm or 2... Spitting on and off 3 miles from track, just enough to wet the road..

It was so good of him to postpone it until Poole have their both their reserves fit  :)

Edited by Bald Bloke

13 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Lol 

He has a shoulder injury and has had it for months

He has been perfectly able to ride with it for all this time

Suddenly Edinburgh cant qualify for the play offs after last night

Poole need points to be top of the table

Shock horror he is to injured to ride for Poole

Everyone saw this coming

Its what Poole do......

Not everyone Gav, the blue tint brigade didn't, they never do. 

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

He wouldn't do that ;)

Must of had a localised storm or 2... Spitting on and off 3 miles from track, just enough to wet the road..

It was so good of him to postpone it until Poole have their both their reserves fit  :)

Well of course, wouldn't want to not to give the paying public full value of seeing 2 as declared teams 

• Like 1

What a mockery, speedway has become.     You cant help feeling, the media is correct, when they refer this as a 'Micky Mouse' sport . 

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot...

27 minutes ago, ray c said:

Should not have been riding  in the first place then

Not if he's injured no, but prob needs the income. Didn't Wells and TJ pull out of the meeting at Lynn last time cos the track was too rough and hurt their shoulder injuries?! Maybe Wells begged Matt not to make him ride!! 

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Maybe we can get Ryan Douglas for the re-arranged meeting.

He was shocking at Lynn,Aarnio was certainly better than Douglas at Lynn.

42 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes apparently before Poole signed him,so why an earth did Poole sign an injured rider in the first place.Silly if you ask me.

41 minutes ago, Bunce said:

So when did all this rain fall at Kings Lynn?  It drizzled slightly in Norwich at 1pm today, and is spitting now, but hardly enough to dampen the Mrs washing on the line. Yesterday (sunday) was lovely here, and in the afternoon I was sunbathing on the back straight at Mildenhall in clouds of dust, so I'm puzzled how the weather can be so much worse only an hours drive North of here? Maybe somebody in Lynn can confirm that hurricane Dorian has arrived there!

It has rained much of the morning here in Wisbech.Stopped for a while and has now started again.The rain has to start and stop somewhere.

Never forget a meeting we went to several years ago.It was hammering down all the way to Lynn,roads under water and when we got to the pullover roundabout it was dry and the meeting went ahead.

Is it no wonder Poole are disliked when you read dog muck like that. Are some really that blind, or do they choose not to see. 

41 minutes ago, Bunce said:

So when did all this rain fall at Kings Lynn?  It drizzled slightly in Norwich at 1pm today, and is spitting now, but hardly enough to dampen the Mrs washing on the line. Yesterday (sunday) was lovely here, and in the afternoon I was sunbathing on the back straight at Mildenhall in clouds of dust, so I'm puzzled how the weather can be so much worse only an hours drive North of here? Maybe somebody in Lynn can confirm that hurricane Dorian has arrived there!

I'm 2 miles from the track and as I said earlier surprised at the early call off. Yesterday was dry all day, as was Saturday. This morning there was slight drizzle about 9 and at 1030 I walked to the supermarket and got slightly damp in the light rain, it wasn't heavy enough to warrant an umbrella! By 1230 the rain had stopped and has been dry ever since. 

Maybe Buster gets weather updates from the same place as Ford gets sick notes:P

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Star Lady said:

I'm 2 miles from the track and as I said earlier surprised at the early call off. Yesterday was dry all day, as was Saturday. This morning there was slight drizzle about 9 and at 1030 I walked to the supermarket and got slightly damp in the light rain, it wasn't heavy enough to warrant an umbrella! By 1230 the rain had stopped and has been dry ever since. 

Like i said earlier, Peterborough is his priority tonight. 

6 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

:rofl::rofl:

Lets all not forget the tide is in as well:rolleyes::P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lets think about this,   As far as Lynn are concerned this is a  dead rubber, a meeting of little importance.   Now that we have missed out on the PO there is little or no interest even to the die hard fans.   We are struggling to assembly a fit team,  one that would inspire confidence  of the outcome.     There is a meeting on the telly where the sports fans can watch in the warmth of their own home,    The weather here is not that good.

Bearing in mind all these things,  and the numbers required for a break even point when running a meeting,  then surely the most sensible option would be to call it off...     

Just a shame they aren't allow to let Pool have the points...

• Like 1