British Speedway Forum
maneacat

Peterborough V Swindon Monday 9/9/19

8 hours ago, Crump99 said:

You missed the flaw in the looney's post :)

ahh , i see it now . 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Who spent 50 grand ? Stadia UK or Swindon Speedway ?

Mainly sponsors money

13 hours ago, Panthers89 said:

crap team, bang average track, awful forecast, top of the table side coming, fans disillusioned with the promotion and on TV..... if you expecting anything different that's more shocking

Not an average track, one of the best tracks in the country when it's prepared well which tonight proved and the Poole meeting earlier in the season was one of the best I have seen.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Can’t believe Swindon won’t pick up 4 points. Panthers are woeful. 

Without Wright's bike failure in heat one could've been a Panthers win :D

• Like 2

Looks like a superb play offs in store ... Wolves and Swindon bang in form and never write off Poole either who could still top the league . 

Time for Nicholls to call it a day in the top flight and have a farewell season at lower level. As great a servant he has been over the years. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, stevebrum said:

He is clueless, there isn’t one. Hence why race has been called back all 4 after the 1st bend. 

Agree don't think there is one but as far as I know there isn't one that says you can only allow 4 back before the exit of the first two corners either? Which surely gives a referee some discretion?? Often refs call all 4 point to save the hassle eve when someone is clearly at fault first bend or the run to it yet exclude someone during the race even if it's a clear racing incident ...quite ridiculous

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Looks like a superb play offs in store ... Wolves and Swindon bang in form and never write off Poole either who could still top the league . 

Time for Nicholls to call it a day in the top flight and have a farewell season at lower level. As great a servant he has been over the years. 

could make a good gb team manager as well 

2 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

Think it was funded by Russell. Zero chance of getting Stadia UK to fork out anything!

It is part of the stadium redevelopment, they have moved to dog track in and the speedway track,  so the majority of the bill would be Stadia's.

1 minute ago, A ORLOV said:

It is part of the stadium redevelopment, they have moved to dog track in and the speedway track,  so the majority of the bill would be Stadia's.

But the stadium redevelopment hasn't happened and will never happen. If the track was down to the owners we would be on the old one still. I'm sure I read somewhere the club were footing the bill.

8 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Agree don't think there is one but as far as I know there isn't one that says you can only allow 4 back before the exit of the first two corners either? Which surely gives a referee some discretion?? Often refs call all 4 point to save the hassle eve when someone is clearly at fault first bend or the run to it yet exclude someone during the race even if it's a clear racing incident ...quite ridiculous

The 1st bend rule isn’t that clear either. But since when have rules meant to be understandable in Speedway? 

6 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

But the stadium redevelopment hasn't happened and will never happen. If the track was down to the owners we would be on the old one still. I'm sure I read somewhere the club were footing the bill.

The moving of bends 1 and 2 have been moved in ( westwards) that is part of the development, inorder for housing to be built on the present car park .

TR would have paid for the widening of the straights and bends 3 and 4. 

Edited by A ORLOV