British Speedway Forum
maneacat

Peterborough V Swindon Monday 9/9/19

3 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Worry about your own team love. 

I hope Wells makes a miraculous recovery in time for the play offs. 

He can take his time :P

Belting meeting. Very impressed with Douglas..Shame he's not British.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

A good meeting 

If someone had got injured  chasing a point then Rossiter would of been caned for it . Batchelor was lucky early on to get away with his get off and Doyley couldn't quite get the set up so we need those two for the playoffs.Jensen was our best rider and Adam was very good i was chuffed with three points and all our riders come away in one piece well done Ryan Douglas awesome.

While Jensen and Ellis were top scorers,to have 2 top boys in the league included a former World  Champion  sitting in the pits seems a strange decision, injury And staying in one piece is a nonsense ,they will both be abroad racing this weekend!!!!

Just now, Crazy robin said:

When was that then apart from Brady as his guests at reserve have been poor to say the least?

So he's just jealous then?! Lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Scrutton said:

Is Doyle allowed in Heat 15  he never seems to ride in it.

Yeah.. I'd of gone Doyle and Razza :t:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

He can take his time :P

So can Buster :wink:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

While Jensen and Ellis were top scorers,to have 2 top boys in the league included a former World  Champion  sitting in the pits seems a strange decision, injury And staying in one piece is a nonsense ,they will both be abroad racing this weekend!!!!

But for one extra point really!!!!  you have to look at the bigger picture we will be judged on our semi final performance nothing else.

Obviously I’m biased but Doyle was struggling and Adam has won the last two ht 15’s at home. 

Still. 3 points it is so we can’t complain..... can we ?

• Like 1

Good ol’ Rosco. Job done and a comfortable 3 points in the bag.

Pressure firmly back on Poole. They need to pick up something from their trip to Norfolk and hope the Four Point Arena doesn’t live up to its name. 

With Slow and Slower at reserve I expect Matt is already fretting and has got his abacus out to calculate the Lynn and Witches reserves pay already.

Could be expensive, and I’m not talking wages.

Just now, Jonny the spud said:

Obviously I’m biased but Doyle was struggling and Adam has won the last two ht 15’s at home. 

You can’t. And Swindon are clear favourites this year. Adam was excellent tonight battling from the back but Doyle was sitting in the pits in heat 15 and Batchelor in particular was rocketing from the tapes.

I liked Roscos choice but it was a mistake imo. 

Really enjoyed that, Peterborough is as good as anywhere when it’s prepared right, have always loved the racing there. Plenty of fight shown by the Panthers riders too. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jonny the spud said:

Adam rode his socks off tonight. But Doyle won his last ride and has the experience. Looking on TV I would of had Doyle and Razza. But sitting here we don't know what is said between them in the pits.

Rosco was pi$$ed not to pick up the 4.

4 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

Good ol’ Rosco. Job done and a comfortable 3 points in the bag.

Pressure firmly back on Poole. They need to pick up something from their trip to Norfolk and hope the Four Point Arena doesn’t live up to its name. 

With Slow and Slower at reserve I expect Matt is already fretting and has got his abacus out to calculate the Lynn and Witches reserves pay already.

Could be expensive, and I’m not talking wages.

But slower is injured :)

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

Showground make more money putting marquees on centre green than letting out to speedway. Hence no meetings for the best part of two months and no centre green.

But what does that matter?  

And everybody in Panthers-land knows the score as regards the Showground's priorities.  It's just other fans who keep banging on about it, as if it's somehow the Club's fault.      

On 9/8/2019 at 10:11 AM, auntie doris said:

Swindon's 2 3 4 need to vastly improve after the Ippo meeting. Lost by 10 last time after being 8 up. Can't afford to slip up again. Close one 44-46.

Spot on...Well done Robins