British Speedway Forum
maneacat

Peterborough V Swindon Monday 9/9/19

2 hours ago, ray c said:

Excellent meeting 

Agreed. Rain all day eventually put me off attending but enjoyed that on TV and don't say that very often so well done to all concerned. Only downside, apart from the empty stand obviously, was the bulb out above the start. Gate 4 looked to be in a black hole and the exciting finishes went from light coming off the last turn only to fall into the very same black hole as they crossed the finishing line.

7 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Well I am sure Douglas will be pulling out all the stops for the Panthers tonight!

Don’t know why you think he would? He is just a guest so has no priorities.

3 hours ago, Panthers89 said:

crap team, bang average track, awful forecast, top of the table side coming, fans disillusioned with the promotion and on TV..... if you expecting anything different that's more shocking

After heat 5 the racing was decent I thought. 

3 hours ago, Mark said:

Rosco says there is a rule to allow the referee to put all 4 back no matter where the crash happens.     What rule ?

He is clueless, there isn’t one. Hence why race has been called back all 4 after the 1st bend. And to think he was GB manager!! 

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Easy 4 points tonight for Swindon. Panthers just don’t have any firepower and look beaten already.

Tee hee. That’s why you never underestimate any team at any time.

Good to see the Wolves star dominating the meeting tho.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

What a meeting.

Best Sky meeting of the season.

should you not have been there supporting it rather than in front of the telly .

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jenga said:

should you not have been there supporting it rather than in front of the telly .

You missed the flaw in the looney's post :)

1 hour ago, acef said:

He just isn't quick enough on the big tracks anymore. He needs technical tracks to stand a chance.

This is a bit out there, but I think hes a little overweight and suffers on larger tracks.

He said on TV he doesn't train as hard now and has always been bigger than the average rider.  It shows how good on the bike he must be as he is at a weight disadvantage before he starts each race.   When he did the GP's under Tatum's guidance he lost loads of weight but I think he got injured early in the season.   That was that.

5 hours ago, Mark said:

He said on TV he doesn't train as hard now and has always been bigger than the average rider.  It shows how good on the bike he must be as he is at a weight disadvantage before he starts each race.   When he did the GP's under Tatum's guidance he lost loads of weight but I think he got injured early in the season.   That was that.

I think like a lot of riders at the end of their careers he has to pick the right time to stop and IMO in the PL that is now ,as I said a year maybe two in th CL to ease out of the riding part of the sport and earn a few bob if I were him .  

• Like 1

Massive 18 from Doug the Wolf. The Panthers score a very poor 26 at home!!! I like Hansi and Scotty but time they moved.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, stevebrum said:

He is clueless, there isn’t one. Hence why race has been called back all 4 after the 1st bend. And to think he was GB manager!!

Clueless indeed Rosco. He was GB Manager because his face fitted and the BSPA prefer someone who is not quite as sharp as they are ( hence a very low bar ).

Definitely the best televised meeting of the season ( inc. those from the NSS ). That tells us several things which many do not want to face up to re the standard of the vast majority of UK speedway matches. 

7 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Don’t know why you think he would? He is just a guest so has no priorities.

After heat 5 the racing was decent I thought. 

Tee hee. That’s why you never underestimate any team at any time.

Good to see the Wolves star dominating the meeting tho.

What tonight did was confirm my belief that Wolves will win the title with all their riders hitting form at the right time. Danny Ford had said that we were complacent against Wolves, that is rubbish they are just better than us. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Clueless indeed Rosco. He was GB Manager because his face fitted and the BSPA prefer someone who is not quite as sharp as they are ( hence a very low bar ).

Definitely the best televised meeting of the season ( inc. those from the NSS ). That tells us several things which many do not want to face up to re the standard of the vast majority of UK speedway matches. 

yep best meeting on bt this season 

Without Douglas we would have suffered  a bit of a thumping. However in the main some good racing on a damp miserable night.  It is clear that many of the one time stars are now well past their best.  The poor crowd could be excused  because of weather  and TV  I suppose, but it is still worrying the increasing number of one time Panthers stalwarts that are noticeable by their absence.  Some no longer present by their own decision, some it would seem having the decision made for them.  It is to be hoped that this season can be put behind us and we can look forward to a return to being competitive in 2020 preferably still in Premier League

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Certainly nothing wrong with the standard at Swindon, after spending 50 grand on new track, some superb stuff.

35 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

What tonight did was confirm my belief that Wolves will win the title with all their riders hitting form at the right time. Danny Ford had said that we were complacent against Wolves, that is rubbish they are just better than us. 

The thing that will interest me is to see if Douglas can master Monmore he has not done that so far.He along with Jensen have been the signing's of the season and there is  more to come from Douglas.

7 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Certainly nothing wrong with the standard at Swindon, after spending 50 grand on new track, some superb stuff.

Who spent 50 grand ? Stadia UK or Swindon Speedway ?

17 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Who spent 50 grand ? Stadia UK or Swindon Speedway ?

Think it was funded by Russell. Zero chance of getting Stadia UK to fork out anything!