British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Glasgow vs Newcastle SGB Championship (7pm)

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Glasgow fans, be honest, was that track worse than v Scunthorpe? Because you’s are saying it was an excellent meeting and much better but it was raining and got abandoned at heat 10? But when you’s got beat v Scunthorpe in 15 heats it was awful?

I'll give you a few clues and see if you can work it out. Tonight Rasmus unbeaten by an opponent in a match curtailed by rain, last night at Peterborough on a track frequently described as having had a lot of rain and difficult Rasmus was superb. Against Scunthorpe he couldn't turn the bike. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

I'll give you a few clues and see if you can work it out. Tonight Rasmus unbeaten by an opponent in a match curtailed by rain, last night at Peterborough on a track frequently described as having had a lot of rain and difficult Rasmus was superb. Against Scunthorpe he couldn't turn the bike. 

But Barker, Lambert, Allen and Auty seemed to? Anyways others have answered my post properly, thank you, just wondered why you done 15 heats v Scunny but only 10 tonight if the track was so good tonight but so terribly awful the other week

3 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

But Barker, Lambert, Allen and Auty seemed to? Anyways others have answered my post properly, thank you, just wondered why you done 15 heats v Scunny but only 10 tonight if the track was so good tonight but so terribly awful the other week

The visibility was getting to be the problem tonight, the riders were not having much trouble with track although it was getting quite wet.The entertainment was pretty good even in Ht 10.Think it was sensible to end it there though.

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Probably because if you weren't leading those behind probably couldn't see.

Simple really.

56 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

I can see why you picked your forum name 

• Haha 4

Much more encouraging signs right through the home side last night - special mentions though to MBA, SJ and CB for their very gritty performances. Certainly need more of the same (without the rainfall!) for Saturday's extravaganza of speedway - should be much like last Saturday but with better/closer racing ;) 

13 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Will stop myself from asking questions in future, how was I supposed to know what the visibility in Glasgow was like? There was no mention on the updates site, hence why I asked on the forum, for you to try and humiliate me again, thanks very much.

7 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Will stop myself from asking questions in future, how was I supposed to know what the visibility in Glasgow was like? There was no mention on the updates site, hence why I asked on the forum, for you to try and humiliate me again, thanks very much.

up glasgow way , they are all blue eyed and blond . wonder who the last person was that wanted that then . thank god there is only three of them to battle with. LOL.:)

Some good racing from the short match. Fair play to the riders for getting on with it and getting the result. The track was nice and smooth compared to the week before and held up well with the rain falling.Heat 10 was clearly time to stop.

Good to see Connor, Mikkel, and Sam getting heat wins.  Sam Jensen just gets better and better.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

ALLTHEGEARBUTNAEIDEA is as good as DICK BARRIE...he has nae idea ither…. LOL.

Edited by tigger63

8 minutes ago, tigger63 said:

ALLTHEGEARBUTNAEIDEA is as good as DICK BARRIE...he has nae idea ither…. LOL.

Despite spending his formative years following The Tigers lol

On 9/10/2019 at 9:52 PM, mac101 said:

Track was great as we never had any rain today and with the star time brought forward by 30 mins it made all the difference was down to visibility that it was called off some great racing tonight Sam jenson just seems to get better every meeting  not many riders will pass Steve Worrall twice in the one. Meeting 

They do this year

• Haha 1