British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MattJ81

Cradley vs Kent 9th Sep - Off, Re-arranged for 16th Sep double header with BV Cup match

14 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

I also expect Rowe to be Kent’s number 1 next season and by the summer months I think they’ll have one of the best number 1s in the league and an NLRC contender. Mulford will definitely be back. Len is a loyal man so maybe men like Spooner and Ledwith might be back again despite neither being on attractive averages. 

Given the mooted reduction once again it could be that Ledwith is the starting Number 1 next season, Spooner is likely to be back as he gets a good deal at Kent and i can't really see many other sides queuing up for him?  Rowe has mastered Kent now and i think he will move on and upwards throughout the leagues and potentially miss out NL all together next season. 

15 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

I also expect Rowe to be Kent’s number 1 next season and by the summer months I think they’ll have one of the best number 1s in the league and an NLRC contender. Mulford will definitely be back. Len is a loyal man so maybe men like Spooner and Ledwith might be back again despite neither being on attractive averages. 

Would Len take a punt on likes of Stoneman; Wood;  Coles; Perks if they became available??. 

On 9/16/2019 at 9:35 AM, cityrebel said:

Gonna be tight to get all 30 heats done by curfew time. Good luck to all of those going.

there isnt a curfew at monmore , if you go on fanpower a facebook group, you will see a letter from wolverhampton council stating no curfew,

49 minutes ago, HGould said:

Would Len take a punt on likes of Stoneman; Wood;  Coles; Perks if they became available??. 

Can't really see it with any tbh. Perks too high? Wood retired, Stoneman & Coles to inconsistent although the latter has had a great end to the year.  Although i suspect he might look elsewhere i could quite easily see Gilkes starting in the number 1 jacket if the team building averages dont drop stupidly low.

2 hours ago, heathen chemistry said:

there isnt a curfew at monmore , if you go on fanpower a facebook group, you will see a letter from wolverhampton council stating no curfew,

Someone's telling porkys then. In the match report it stated a 'strict 10.30pm curfew'

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Given the mooted reduction once again it could be that Ledwith is the starting Number 1 next season, Spooner is likely to be back as he gets a good deal at Kent and i can't really see many other sides queuing up for him?  Rowe has mastered Kent now and i think he will move on and upwards throughout the leagues and potentially miss out NL all together next season. 

Rowe’s problem is he’s done so brilliantly in the Championship that I can’t see anyone taking him on that average. Like Perks the other season. However in the NL he’s still got some room for improvement to up himself from a number 5 to a stand out number 1. 

9 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Rowe’s problem is he’s done so brilliantly in the Championship that I can’t see anyone taking him on that average. Like Perks the other season. However in the NL he’s still got some room for improvement to up himself from a number 5 to a stand out number 1. 

If the rumours of the NL Becoming an MDL type of training league are true, older riders like Ledwith might not be eligible.

22 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

If the rumours of the NL Becoming an MDL type of training league are true, older riders like Ledwith might not be eligible.

I guess much depends on the stipulation of what is required as a training league and if silly age restrictions are brought in? Higher end MSDL riders mixed with lower end NL riders would still be a saleable product (although make the jump to the next tier tougher). It may also force the lower end MSDL riders back to the amateur scene until they develop further but that may be no bad thing?

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

If the NL does become a type of MDL training League will people be prepared to pay £10, £12+ to watch riders learning to ride, I very much doubt it. The NL will suffer due to the incompetance of the BSPA, There should have been a break away from the BSPA years ago but Clubs/Teams were not prepared to grasp the nettle, the breakaway by the Provincial Leage from the National League in the early sixties forced the Perceived stronger National League to be realistic, then we had the amalgamation of the two Leagues which gave us a period of strong/good League racing for a number of years.

Two of the worst things we have at the moment is doubling up/down, and Teams constantly changing riders, there is no bond being created between riders and fans its just watching seven riders wearing your teams colours for that particular meeting or that month, Team changes should be limited to 2 per season unless a rider is unavailable due to long term injury, or another possible suggestion could be that teams have a squad of 10 riders to pick there Team from with any 7 riders totaling a combined average of a certain number of points.

With the lowering of standards in the top flight, i can see the NL being sacrificed to prop up the middle tier. Where would that leave the likes of Kent with their strict planning restrictions and the other stand alone clubs.

4 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Someone's telling porkys then. In the match report it stated a 'strict 10.30pm curfew'

Not all curfews are as a result of planning permission conditions. Stadiums and promoters may impose a curfew for other reasons, often cost overruns 

27 minutes ago, greyhoundp said:

If the NL does become a type of MDL training League will people be prepared to pay £10, £12+ to watch riders learning to ride, I very much doubt it. The NL will suffer due to the incompetance of the BSPA, There should have been a break away from the BSPA years ago but Clubs/Teams were not prepared to grasp the nettle, the breakaway by the Provincial Leage from the National League in the early sixties forced the Perceived stronger National League to be realistic, then we had the amalgamation of the two Leagues which gave us a period of strong/good League racing for a number of years.

Two of the worst things we have at the moment is doubling up/down, and Teams constantly changing riders, there is no bond being created between riders and fans its just watching seven riders wearing your teams colours for that particular meeting or that month, Team changes should be limited to 2 per season unless a rider is unavailable due to long term injury, or another possible suggestion could be that teams have a squad of 10 riders to pick there Team from with any 7 riders totaling a combined average of a certain number of points.

The BSPA along with certain promotors are ruining speedway full stop not just the NL..

1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

2 minutes 2 minutes 2 minutes....The Bloke is pig thick ...Utterly clueless moron he could not run a bath let alone a sport.

You like him then!

• Haha 1

He is very frustrating and his points are usually wrong. I believe he used to race and seems to have a bitterness towards the powers that be and the sport as if it owes him a favour? 

• Like 1