British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
allthegearbutnaeidea

Birmingham v Berwick 11/9/19

great meeting great result . nearly chucked away by Birmingham not selecting adam in heat 15 ????????????????????? i am sure someone will tell me the reason why ....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

great meeting great result . nearly chucked away by Birmingham not selecting adam in heat 15 ????????????????????? i am sure someone will tell me the reason why ....

One would imagine it was orders from the Swindon camp not to risk Adam in ht15 unless it was really necessary.. You don't have a rider who wins 4 races going into last ht decider and not race in it really odd

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

fantastic and early news  about running in professional league (guess that means CL in same format as this year or a big league if that's direction sport goes in) next season from Dave mason.

That looked very unlikely in mid summer but fair play Brummies have turned the ship around and things looking much more positive again.

Hope all other CL Clubs will do the same.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HGould said:

fantastic and early news  about running in professional league (guess that means CL in same format as this year or a big league if that's direction sport goes in) next season from Dave mason.

That looked very unlikely in mid summer but fair play Brummies have turned the ship around and things looking much more positive again.

Hope all other CL Clubs will do the same.

Good news indeed. It would be good from a stability point of view in the CL came to tapes in 2020 very much as it did this year. Sadly, I fear there will be wholesale changes.

10 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Agreed!

Although it was a fairly close meeting, we never looked like losing imo…...'Tero' the last heat hero once again!

Berwick manager cocked up imo…...using Doolan as a TS in Heat 6 against Ellis was very naïve ? probably cost them in the end!? He wasn't even their best rider, yet they put him in against our best rider ? 

Moving forward....I think we will have learnt a lot this season and we will also benefit (preparation wise) from knowing what league we will be competing in(2020), much earlier than we did last season!?

Have to give the 'Masons' a massive round of applause for the way they've carried us forward as a club...…..they've achieved 'positivity' with one hand tied behind their back imo…...losing someone as influential as Lee Kilby as Commercial Main Man can't have helped either!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fromafar said:

It was virtually a NL select that Dany raced against last season at Birmingham.Top Heavy v Strength in depth .Strength in depth has its disadvantages away from Home  in most instances.Berwick have had a decent season though .IMO Top heavy has won the day this season. When you look at the projected Top 4.

It wasn’t at all? It was Birmingham v Peterborough in a 6 man Championship standard meeting, just checked and he beat Garrity twice, Campton, Stewart, Ostergaard and Lambert 3 times, hardly a NL select??? Yet couldn’t beat Tom Perry or Tobias Thomsen last night...

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

It wasn’t at all? It was Birmingham v Peterborough in a 6 man Championship standard meeting, just checked and he beat Garrity twice, Campton, Stewart, Ostergaard and Lambert 3 times, hardly a NL select??? Yet couldn’t beat Tom Perry or Tobias Thomsen last night...

The meeting in question was well below championship standard and hardly anyone was trying ? (Lambert was getting married 3 days later?)

May be Gappmaier was putting himself in the shop window and took advantage of the situation?

I have to say, I certainly expected far more from him last night though …...he was asleep at the starts and didn't threaten when behind?

10 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Garrity was his Team Mate ,touched the tapes went off 15 mars,Compton had EF.He did beat Stewart and Ostergaard in one heat ,beat Lambert for 3rd / 3 times.Lambert had 1 point from 5 rides! Compton beat in heat 14 when he met him again So apart from 1 ride he was average at best.He is the Main Man at Home though when he gates.;):D

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Agreed!

Although it was a fairly close meeting, we never looked like losing imo…...'Tero' the last heat hero once again!

Berwick manager cocked up imo…...using Doolan as a TS in Heat 6 against Ellis was very naïve ? probably cost them in the end!? He wasn't even their best rider, yet they put him in against our best rider ? 

Moving forward....I think we will have learnt a lot this season and we will also benefit (preparation wise) from knowing what league we will be competing in(2020), much earlier than we did last season!?

Have to give the 'Masons' a massive round of applause for the way they've carried us forward as a club...…..they've achieved 'positivity' with one hand tied behind their back imo…...losing someone as influential as Lee Kilby as Commercial Main Man can't have helped either!

P.S Doolan only got 2nd place in the T/S race (Heat 6) because Tobias Thomsen's engine seized on the 3rd lap when Brummies were racing away to a 5-1 Heat advantage!

Bandits' boss Gary Flint said: "Again these guys battled so hard for what it means to be a Berwick Bandit, and just missed out on the win which they are all gutted about, but we have a final blast at Glasgow on Saturday and the Tigers had better watch out, we've got our hunting heads on!"

Gary, Berwick just lost to the worst team in the league? Your team containing: a track expert, ex gp rider and two competent reserves. 

Not forgetting being knocked out by a 'mediocre' Newcastle side, who did a job on the club over 30 heats.  

Edited by Robinh88

Fair play to the Mason's for 'carrying on', they must have deep pockets. The crowd on a lovely sunny afternoon, looked poor again. Even the food outlet was closed by the interval.

1 hour ago, Robinh88 said:

Bandits' boss Gary Flint said: "Again these guys battled so hard for what it means to be a Berwick Bandit, and just missed out on the win which they are all gutted about, but we have a final blast at Glasgow on Saturday and the Tigers had better watch out, we've got our hunting heads on!"

Gary, Berwick just lost to the worst team in the league? Your team containing: a track expert, ex gp rider and two competent reserves. 

Not forgetting being knocked out by a 'mediocre' Newcastle side, who did a job on the club over 30 heats.  

1 hour ago, Robinh88 said:

stop slagging the team and get behind the lads robin

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Is that you bjcol:blink: 

yeswhy