British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mimmo

Peterborough Showground

On 9/12/2019 at 6:23 PM, Method said:

That was due to a rather large circus size tent being there for 4 weeks for an event. There was a stage inside as well as many many people.

Why on earth did they have to put it up there, there's loads of grass apart from the centre green????

• Like 1

On 9/14/2019 at 12:43 PM, Trees said:

Why on earth did they have to put it up there, there's loads of grass apart from the centre green????

No idea.

The entire showground was filled with tents and marquees though from start to finish - so my guess is that it was a central location to everyone camping that would be easy to locate and also easy to manage because of the perimiter fencing etc.

It did look awesome though - it was a serious bit of kit.

However, it was the Land Rovers Owners show Saturday and Sunday just gone - so I would imagine the center green to be completely finished off now! :D

6 hours ago, Method said:

No idea.

The entire showground was filled with tents and marquees though from start to finish - so my guess is that it was a central location to everyone camping that would be easy to locate and also easy to manage because of the perimiter fencing etc.

It did look awesome though - it was a serious bit of kit.

However, it was the Land Rovers Owners show Saturday and Sunday just gone - so I would imagine the center green to be completely finished off now! :D

My first thought were why put it on the centre green but as you say, I looked at the overall pic and the place was filled with tents etc so can see why they used it, whatever they did speedway was a nono unfortunately :(

On 9/12/2019 at 6:23 PM, Method said:

That was due to a rather large circus size tent being there for 4 weeks for an event. There was a stage inside as well as many many people.

A little early for the BSPA conference? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Some good news reported in the local news today.     Truckfest has signed an agreement to hold its festival at the Eoes for the next five years.   If that’s happening no reason why speedway cannot continue imo.  

• Like 5