British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheReturn

2020 Wildcards

Yes Fricke earned his place already, he is in 2020 because of 3rd in the Challenge.

i really do think Tai is in as well, just not been announced yet.

Who actually decides who the wild cards are & How much influence does " Monster Joe " have ? 

3 hours ago, DSC67 said:

Who actually decides who the wild cards are & How much influence does " Monster Joe " have ? 

ZERO ... wild cards are decided by the Armando Castagna, Phil Morris and a representative of BSI, usually the Managing Director but with Steven Gould fairly new to the position it could be Paul Bellamy.

• Like 1

And your telling me none of them receive a little brown envelope from Monster Joe and co should one of their lot need a wildcard? Lol

2 hours ago, Pinny said:

And your telling me none of them receive a little brown envelope from Monster Joe and co should one of their lot need a wildcard? Lol

YES I am. The integrity of the whole competition would be seriously jeopardised which, believe it or not, is not something that either the FIM or a world renown company like IMG would entertain.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

YES I am. The integrity of the whole competition would be seriously jeopardised which, believe it or not, is not something that either the FIM or a world renown company like IMG would entertain.

Ha! Pull the other one for god sake. 

2 hours ago, Pinny said:

Ha! Pull the other one for god sake. 

IF you prefer to believe that then fine. But you are way off. Tai will get a wild card because he is a three-times WC not because he rides under the Monster banner.

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IF you prefer to believe that then fine. But you are way off. Tai will get a wild card because he is a three-times WC not because he rides under the Monster banner.

Likening Tai to a lavatory is a bit harsh! :)

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, WembleyLion said:

Likening Tai to a lavatory is a bit harsh! :)

He has been cr&p recently lol

Have you added any tracks to your list this year ?

Edited by racers and royals

A number of people on here are doubting whether Greg Hancock should be given a wildcard next year by pointing to the fact that Tai missed out on a couple of GPs and racing in general for a while and hasn't been able to reach his former best and that therefore Greg, who has missed out on a whole year, couldn't be expected to get back to GP form. I do think there is one crucial difference in this though and that is that Tai was out injured with a bad injury and may have come back too soon. Greg has suffered no actual bodily injury and therefore will not be in the same position as Tai. Personally, I don't see how Greg can not be given a Wild Card for next year, given his record overall and especially considering where he finished in 2018.

• Like 1

It’s my view that, at the moment, only one name needs to be found as Doyle, Hancock and Woffinden will get one. But, if Doyle out scores Zagar in Toruń, then that leaves two to find as Zagar is guaranteed a place through the GP qualifiers. I doubt it’ll be another Dane, but could well be another Pole, probably taken from Kubera, Smektala or Drabik.

It would be good if it was to be another Brit but that could only really be Lambert and I think it’s too early. There seems no one of World class (other than Freddie) from Sweden these days 

This year’s series has been pretty weak and the 2019 champion, whether that’s Zmarzlik, Sayfutdinov or Madsen, should count himself lucky. I don’t think any of them would live with the likes of Woffinden, Hancock, Pedersen, Crump or Rickardson when they were at their peak. 

We can only hope one or more real stars emerge from the pack, but I can’t see from where. 

On 9/21/2019 at 8:18 AM, Pinny said:

Woffy certainly isn’t top 8 material this season despite missing a few rounds but is certainly top 15. 

has to get a wild card.

Tai is absolutely top 8 material

Missed 2 rounds when he was getting into form and then rode at least two rounds not fully fit and in his own words awkward on the bike, did better in Vojens and then always on the back foot in Cardiff

Lets say he got 18 points in the 2 he missed , that would put him right up with Doyle, Laguta and Zagar........the first 2 rounds back he scored only 12, a fully fit Tai would have got at least 18 in those 2...........puts him in the top 8.

The guy broke his back he is quite entitled knowing the championship is gone to look after himself in the remaining rounds and will obviously get a wildcard

A 100% fit and motivated Tai, is still a better rider than Zagar and Laguta and Iversen..........will breeze into the top 8 next year health permitting

• Like 2

On 9/10/2019 at 10:55 AM, Gavan said:

I firmly believe that no matter what happens in the last 2 rounds that Tai and Hancock will be offered 2 of them

Im not Hancocks biggest fan but i want the best riders in there....age is irrelevant ...and after the career he has had then i would think it justified to give him a spot

Artem Laguta has shown enough for me to get a pick should he need one

It goes without saying that Doyle , if needed, will get one.

I think Kolodziej, unless he has 2 magnificent rounds will not get one..... yes he has won a gp but he doesnt do much else in most meetings

Lindback to i doubt will get a wildcard

All this talk about 'to young' 'to soon' 'will be outclassed' is absolute rubbish............a rider has to come 14th or 15th like Lindback this year.

Are you ever going to get 15 riders all capable of being world champion? No

So if a place comes for say Lambert or Aspgren then so be it

My ideal GP field for next season:

Zmarzlik

Emil

Madsen

Lindgren

Vaculik

Janowski

Dudek

Zagar

Iversen

Fricke

Doyle

Laguta

Woffinden

Hancock

One of Lambert, Aspgren, Thomsen, Smektala, Drabik, 

Wrote this a fortnight ago

Still stand by the first 14 are obvious , just depends on who finishes where with regards to GP challenge riders making top 8

The current top 11 will be in it next year

Dudek could drop out the top 8...at the expense of Doyle.....but whoever finishes 9th out of those 2 will be in...and i reckon Laguta in 10th will get one 

Iversen in 11th already in and Fricke makes 12............add in Tai and Greg and we just need one more

5 hours ago, racers and royals said:

He has been cr&p recently lol

Have you added any tracks to your list this year ?

Hi Tim

I feel sure Tai will come back stronger next year.

Eight more tracks this year including Rivne in The Ukraine and Braila in Romania! 

Hope all is good with you.