British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheReturn

2020 Wildcards

11 minutes ago, WembleyLion said:

Hi Tim

I feel sure Tai will come back stronger next year.

Eight more tracks this year including Rivne in The Ukraine and Braila in Romania! 

Hope all is good with you.

Hi Eddie, yes fine thank you. Have you been to Nagyhalasz yet ? Zarnovica ?

1st meeting of the season for me on Saturday, but with my Swedish subscription and Poland i must watch about 12 matches a week !!

54 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Hi Eddie, yes fine thank you. Have you been to Nagyhalasz yet ? Zarnovica ?

1st meeting of the season for me on Saturday, but with my Swedish subscription and Poland i must watch about 12 matches a week !!

I have been to Zarnovica Tim but not Nagyhalasz as yet.

You probably watch more Speedway than any of us! :)

Hancock

Tai 

Laguta 

Lindback? 

Would think they would want another Swede in the line up, but the first three are bankers IMO.

Edited by Panthers89

Genuine question why Lindback?

Edited by fliss44
spelling correction

Got to be Greg and Woffy I'd have thought, pretty sure Laguta as well. The last pick should be interesting

42 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Hancock

Tai 

Laguta 

Lindback? 

Would think they would want another Swede in the line up, but the first three are bankers IMO.

Mikkel Michelson instead of Lindback

25 minutes ago, bruno said:

Got to be Greg and Woffy I'd have thought, pretty sure Laguta as well. The last pick should be interesting

Why Hancock?  I am just amazed everyone saying he is a banker... judging by the Monster PR stunt of bringing him to Cardiff, he may well be offered a place but if that happens it makes a mockery of the sport. It would be a 'mates gift sentimental wildcard', not based on sporting justification.

He's 50, he's missed a season and as of a couple of weeks ago he could not even say if he would be able to ride. If he is offered a wildcard, he needs to be given a deadline to commit to be fair to any replacement. 

• Like 4

With Dudek qualifying, that will probably exclude a fourth Pole and with Thomsen not qualifying, that opens the door for Michelsen for me, so I think the four wild cards will be Hancock, Laguta, Michelsen and Woffinden. 

1 minute ago, TheReturn said:

Why Hancock?  I am just amazed everyone saying he is a banker... judging by the Monster PR stunt of bringing him to Cardiff, he may well be offered a place but if that happens it makes a mockery of the sport. It would be a 'mates gift sentimental wildcard', not based on sporting justification.

He's 50, he's missed a season and as of a couple of weeks ago he could not even say if he would be able to ride. If he is offered a wildcard, he needs to be given a deadline to commit to be fair to any replacement. 

Yeah, offering a 4 time World Champion who rightfully qualified before his wife's illness sure does 'make a mockery'.

He deserves a place until it's proven he isn't up to it anymore.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, CatAndy said:

With Dudek qualifying, that will probably exclude a fourth Pole and with Thomsen not qualifying, that opens the door for Michelsen for me, so I think the four wild cards will be Hancock, Laguta, Michelsen and Woffinden. 

Can't see them going for a third Dane ahead of a second Swede

Hancock, Woffinden, Laguta and Lindback, would arguably make it the best 15 riders again.  Don''t think (with the exception of G Laguta) that anyone else stands out as deserving a place? Drabik as a double U-21 champ could have a shout if they go for four Poles.

1 hour ago, Panthers89 said:

Hancock

Tai 

Laguta 

Lindback? 

I agree, only Michelsen in with a shout instead of Lindback, but organisers may prefer two Swedes and two Danes rather than three Danes. Wouldn’t be surprised if the line up is the same for 2020 with just Fricke replacing Kolodziej.

4 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Woffinden

Hancock

Laguta

Drabik

If Dudek had missed out, I would have gone for Drabik, but you really think we need another Pole?