British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheReturn

2020 Wildcards

4 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

GP's give me a buzz alright, especially on a track that allows racing of the highest order.

Its British speedway that is flat for me, for the opposite reasons. I know all tracks cannot be like BV, but preparation for racing is lacking at most.

You got that right...

Nobody who saw Wroclaw could fail to get a buzz...

• Like 2

could lindback have been picked because hes the only contender who rides with long dreadlocks trailing out from under his helmet lol

13 minutes ago, TheReturn said:

There is literally zero evidence that he is capable of competing after what, 15-16 months out of the saddle?

Do you have any compelling evidence to the contrary?

• Like 1

So basically its the same as this year but Koldej out Fricke in. Good job it was a decent series this year. new faces or not 2020 looks a strong line up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, poole keith said:

could lindback have been picked because hes the only contender who rides with long dreadlocks trailing out from under his helmet lol

I wonder if Lindback's GP selection will impact on his previously stated wish to return to British speedway in 2020?

15 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

new faces or not 2020 looks a strong line up.

That's what I thought...

30 minutes ago, chunky said:

You got that right...

Nobody who saw Wroclaw could fail to get a buzz...

Absolutely. But we should be getting seven or eight rounds like that every year. And could do if they used better circuits. 

Who are the top 16 riders in the Polish League? You shouldn't really be looking too far away from those to find out the best rider in the world

54 minutes ago, TheReturn said:

Not a surprise, but this from the SGP website says it all.

Hancock is set for an historic return to speedway in a year, which will see him become the first 50-year-old to compete in the SGP series, when he celebrates his half-century on June 3, 2020.

This is not a sporting decision, this is a marketing decision. If we are going purely from sport, there is literally zero evidence that he is capable of competing after what, 15-16 months out of the saddle? Whilst I am not a fan after his pathetic bullying campaign against Nicki, I truly hope that he can compete otherwise it will prove the mockery of the system.  So many questions... How much will they hype his age up next season?  How much influence do Monster have in this process?  Was that the real reason Monster flew him over to Cardiff?  Is he definitely riding? Because if not it will be unfair on the reserve call-up if that rider gets told he's riding the series at the very last minute. 

Your dislike of Hancock is reaching laughable proportions now.

You're as bad as Adonis/Speedibee with Woffinden.

What you mean to say is there is literally zero evidence that he ISN'T capable of competing.

There's 30 odd years of evidence stating that he IS capable of competing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Absolutely. But we should be getting seven or eight rounds like that every year. And could do if they used better circuits. 

If only it were that simple... Speedway has NEVER been like that, despite what our memories seem to tell us.

Problem is that everybody appears to see different things. There have been a couple of dire ones this year, and there have been some poor-to-average ones. However, while quite a few of us felt that meetings like Vojens and Cardiff weren't great, but were still enjoyable, others felt they were the worst things they had ever seen.

Wroclaw was special, but if every meeting was like that, it wouldn't be special. And people would find something else to whine about...

8 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

What you mean to say is there is literally zero evidence that he ISN'T capable of competing.

There's 30 odd years of evidence stating that he IS capable of competing.

Nah, if somebody is out of action for more than a month or so, just forget about them, they're done...

17 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

A blend of better and more accessible circuits. Lets face it there are plenty who love Cardiff but consider it far too expensive and are looking at / travelling to the other rounds. However the Polish rounds can be travelled to easily, Prague obviously but racing can be dull. Then there is Slovenia & Germany which are a mare to get to and the expensive Nordics.  If venues are considered that are easier to travel to then atmosphere will increase in them all and that will reverberate to the riders. 

If Hancock carries on drinking Monster at the rate he used to, he’ll spend more time in the toilets than out on track! 

• Like 1

Not a Hancock fan by any means, but to say he doesnt deserve to be in is ridiculous, his record speaks for itself. 

I cant believe the things that some people say on here

About how boring next years series will be

People wanting the likes of Drabik, Smektala and Lambert because they are young and will 'add something'.

What will they add apart from in all liklihood being the bottom 3 in the series

ALL riders have a chance to qualify..............the likes of Zagar and Iversen proving they are the better riders than the supposed young riders.

Michelsen is a possibility but he had hos chance and got 5 in the challenge..........and in Vojens he hardly pulled up any trees scored 6....3 points less than Lindback

Wouldnt have worried me if it was MIchelsen or Lindback...........

Someone has to come 12th and 13th and if those riders who are 12th and 13th are better than the 'young guns' then they need to be in.

Nobody can turn round and say that next season we dont have the worlds best 15 riders.

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 2