British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lisa-colette

Poole vs Kings Lynn 12/09/19

Lambert hates hates the track? He is almost unbeatable around Poole.

It’s funny how Klindt made it without issue when he mist his flight due to the very last mini sh of his meeting in Denmark but rebooked for this morning and made it easily.

Let Down Lynn fans, let down Poole fans and let down Swindon fans as it’s 3 points gifted.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

55 minutes ago, acef said:

I dont blame him. Why turn up to a s##t track hes openly slandered? 

He is based in Germany, has a meeting in Germany on saturday as well.

Hes had a poor season by his own standards and I fully expect he will drop the uk in the very near future.

Speedway in this country not only fails to appease the fans, it does it to the riders as well.

The better riders who dont need the uk will simply let it go.

Why turn up.... Because he has a contract and an obligation to, that's why.. Dear oh dear :blink:

He might have a good reason, but either way  your comment isn't a good one.

I don't think he will be over here next season.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Why turn up.... Because he has a contract and an obligation to, that's why.. Dear oh dear :blink:

Who cares.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

It hasn’t been for other riders who have missed flights so I fail to see why it would be in this instance.

Indeed.  Tungate recently 'forgot his passport' so couldn't catch a flight to the UK for a Thursday meeting for the Panthers and no ban ensued.  Nicholls on the other hand injured himself loading his van for the Championship riders championship and was banned for a week - should've used the old 'van broken down' line.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

That was for the poole fans.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It’s funny how Klindt made it without issue when he mist his flight due to the very last mini sh of his meeting in Denmark but rebooked for this morning and made it easily.

Let Down Lynn fans, let down Poole fans and let down Swindon fans as it’s 3 points gifted.

For those of us whose first language is English . . .

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

You are not condoning his actions today are you ??

Certainly not. It's indefensible as far as I am concerned.

My comments were aimed at maybe where his loyalties lie these days and no way defends his actions. Just commenting as to another reason maybe why he's not come back. Stop off at their's in Germany and less travel for the U21 meeting. If true it is taking the pee out of UK Speedway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ray c said:

the post was about skidder comment not the incident involving josh and craig 

I was replying to the second sentence on Bagpuss' post about Josh! Which I am allowed to do :t:

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

RL has openly said he does not like Poole! Darcy Ward and Chris Holder didn't like the old BV track but were good on it. 

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

And yet you use to drool over Michael Lee.He done a lot more than miss a couple of meetings.

I made a point to never answer to posters who are blinded in seeing the true picture.  Sarcasm and wit don't go down very well  either. but for you I make an exception.    I probably did drool over Michael Lee, but it never stopped me seeing the real picture.   Indeed I probably knew more about Lee than any other rider.   But it doesn't make it right to come up with excuses when it suits, regardless whether the meeting is important or not.    I am sure there are enough airports in Europe to find a way to get to Poole had he had wanted too.     Sad thing about tonight he is letting so many people down, people who rave about him and whose who were hopeful of seeing him for the first time tonight.      Unfortunately the sport can ill afford this sort of behaviour.     

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, g13webb said:

I made a point to never answer to posters who are blinded in seeing the true picture.  Sarcasm and wit don't go down very well  either. but for you I make an exception.    I probably did drool over Michael Lee, but it never stopped me seeing the real picture.   Indeed I probably knew more about Lee than any other rider.   But it doesn't make it right to come up with excuses when it suits, regardless whether the meeting is important or not.    I am sure there are enough airports in Europe to find a way to get to Poole had he had wanted too.     Sad thing about tonight he is letting so many people down, people who rave about him and whose who were hopeful of seeing him for the first time tonight.      Unfortunately the sport can ill afford this sort of behaviour.     

For once I agree with you. Speedway can't afford this sort of behaviour, and it's about time the BSPA punished those responsible.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, g13webb said:

But it doesn't make it right to come up with excuses when it suits, regardless whether the meeting is important or not.    I am sure there are enough airports in Europe to find a way to get to Poole had he had wanted too.     Sad thing about tonight he is letting so many people down, people who rave about him

That's my "boy" nowadays ( Robert Lambert ) and I do rave about him but like Mr Webb I am not blind to Robert's faults. Interestingly back in the day, Michael Lee was even more of The One for me and oddly enough I don't think Robert will be as good as Michael was ( on track ). We can only hope that Robert has a longer, less controversial racing career than Michael. I certainly wasn't blind to Michael's faults either ( that was never possible ). Having been born and bred in Norwich my first great hero was Ove Fundin and Michael Lee "took over" from him just as Robert has done for me this century.

• Like 2

Micheal Lee was many things.  I’m just thankful that I got to see him in his pomp.

Robert Lambert is a fine rider.  In Lee’s class ?  Not a chance.   Look what Lee was doing to the best the World had to offer when he was 20/21. 

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, semion said:

Micheal Lee was many things.  I’m just thankful that I got to see him in his pomp.

Robert Lambert is a fine rider.  In Lee’s class ?  Not a chance.   Look what Lee was doing to the best the World had to offer when he was 20/21. 

Mike's early form. Born in 1958. :t:

copy and pasted from Wiki Visually

In 1976, Lee moved full-time to British League team King's Lynn and finished the season with an average of 9.22, he was also the British Junior Champion that year.

At the end of the 1977 season, Lee had become the top scorer in the British League with an average of 10.64. He also won the first of his two British Speedway Championship titles. Lee won the World Team Cup with England and he had also made his first appearance in a World Championship Final.[4]

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, semion said:

IMO the will NEVER be a 16 year old as good as Lee

• Like 3