British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lisa-colette

Poole vs Kings Lynn 12/09/19

9 minutes ago, sommelier said:

IMO the will NEVER be a 16 year old as good as Lee

Roberts a great rider and will probably have a longer carrier than Mike. But Lee was almost as good as Lambo is now when he was 16, deffo by 17.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

Roberts a great rider and will probably have a longer carrier that Mike. But Lee was almost as good as Lambo is now when he was 16, deffo by 17.

You might laugh at this, apart from Lee at 16, the one other rider at 16 that I could not stop talking about was Lewis Bridger!

• Like 1

and to think if someone like Lee is on the scene again it would still be 2 years before seeing a GP

4 minutes ago, sommelier said:

You might laugh at this, apart from Lee at 16, the one other rider at 16 that I could not stop talking about was Lewis Bridger!

Lewis could have been as good as Lee, i think that, but i just think he got in with the wrong crowd.

I remember taking Ivan Mauger to a meeting somewhere and Lewis was out in the 2nd half, he wanted to watch him, and afterwards was rather complimentary about him, but said he needed to change his style and stop the showboating

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevehone said:

Lewis could have been as good as Lee, i think that, but i just think he got in with the wrong crowd.

I remember taking Ivan Mauger to a meeting somewhere and Lewis was out in the 2nd half, he wanted to watch him, and afterwards was rather complimentary about him, but said he needed to change his style and stop the showboating

Mate it saddens me what Lewis could have achieved 

• Like 2

I have a question....Why isn’t Wells riding tonight when he’s been declared fit for Edinburgh tomorrow night....Where’s my friend who was questioning my comment about Wells fit enough to race extra meetings. Poole on the fiddle again. 

• Like 1

I remember a meeting at Boston early 1975 against league leaders Newcastle.  Led by the Owen boys, they were a formidable outfit.    Boston were doing Ok but were not of that standard.  The meeting was always close, one team leading then the other, never more than a few points in it.   It all boiled down to the final heat with Boston holding a 2 point lead,  Lee missed the start and forced out on the first bend.  Joe and Tom Owen were team riding keeping  Price  at bay.   Start of lap 3 Lee moves past Price into 3rd,  the crowd sensing something special was about to happen. Into the last lap Lee goes out wide on the 1st &2nd bends, down the back straight he uses all his speed to go round both the Newcastle riders to win  an unbelievable race.

And to think this was only his 3 competitive meeting, at an age of 16 yrs  3 months.   Truly amazing talent for someone so young...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

I have a question....Why isn’t Wells riding tonight when he’s been declared fit for Edinburgh tomorrow night....Where’s my friend who was questioning my comment about Wells fit enough to race extra meetings. Poole on the fiddle again. 

Surely not ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

It's going to be interesting to see what cock and bull story they bring out for the play offs.

• Like 1

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

Surely not :t:

He’ll probably have his reoccurring shoulder injury for Poole’s next two meetings. 

• Like 1

I see Belle Vue are using R/R tonight for Bjerre.Now his flight is late in so Belle Vue declare him injured.Same scenario as Lambert really yet Belle Vue get a facility by telling a porky.

3 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Poole? On the fiddle? Surely not....:rofl:

Just now, hyabb17 said:

He’ll probably have his reoccurring shoulder injury for Poole’s next two meetings. 

No doubt.

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

I see Belle Vue are using R/R tonight for Bjerre.Now his flight is late in so Belle Vue declare him injured.Same scenario as Lambert really yet Belle Vue get a facility by telling a porky.

And most think Buster is no good... Rooting for the Robins in this one.

6 minutes ago, g13webb said:

I remember a meeting at Boston early 1975 against league leaders Newcastle.  Led by the Owen boys, they were a formidable outfit.    Boston were doing Ok but were not of that standard.  The meeting was always close, one team leading then the other, never more than a few points in it.   It all boiled down to the final heat with Boston holding a 2 point lead,  Lee missed the start and forced out on the first bend.  Joe and Tom Owen were team riding keeping  Price  at bay.   Start of lap 3 Lee moves past Price into 3rd,  the crowd sensing something special was about to happen. Into the last lap Lee goes out wide on the 1st &2nd bends, down the back straight he uses all his speed to go round both the Newcastle riders to win  an unbelievable race.

And to think this was only his 3 competitive meeting, at an age of 16 yrs  3 months.   Truly amazing talent for someone so young...

You talking about Joe Owen, remember back to 1976 at Stoke, silver helmet Les Collins v Joe Owen, one of the best races I have ever seen 

It was Poole’s so called sponsor “Skidder1” who justified Wells injury & missing both Poole’s meetings this week. I’m going to say that this will be the excuse “he’s had 4 days rest so his shoulder is improved enough allowing his to race Friday, 24hrs after Thursday” 

Speedway is alway the winner I suppose. 

• Like 1