Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lisa-colette

Poole vs Kings Lynn 12/09/19

Well I have just returned home and have to say what a let down that was as upon arriving I find out that Robert Lambert isn’t here. For the paying punter it sucks and really is a kick in the teeth for British speedway. Fair play to young Chad he looked eager to please and gave it his all but the whole episode just puts a dark cloud over proceedings. I like my team to win but this spoilt what could have been an entertaining meeting. Oh well onto monday

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

He quit speedway altogether!  Not the same at all - as you know fine well.  The facility is for injury not that he has quit. He also wouldn’t be allowed to quit one league and continue in the other as he would get a 28 day ban :rolleyes:

28 day  ban sounds ok!

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Be interesting to see if Wells damages his shoulder again at Armadale tomorrow;)

Probably be his whole arm, tricky track Edinburgh, could easily aggravate a previous injury!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Be interesting to see if Wells damages his shoulder again at Armadale tomorrow;)

I expect he might, seen leaving Wimborne Rd earlier doing the 'steel shoe walk' but with no steel shoe in sight. ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Ignoring the circumstances last night that result means we’ve gone through our away programme with just one draw and no wins.....simply nowhere near good enough and needs addressing for next year. Two or three need moving on and some fresh faces introducing. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

Blimey! :o

Not rocket science, get rid of the holes, bumps and ruts and riders will enjoy racing on what is a pretty decent shaped track. Just a pity it took them so long to sort it. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Not rocket science, get rid of the holes, bumps and ruts and riders will enjoy racing on what is a pretty decent shaped track. Just a pity it took them so long to sort it. 

unfortunately it was from the gate except when craig split up two 5    1 for us im sure I will be told I am wrong :t:

3 minutes ago, ray c said:

unfortunately it was from the gate except when craig split up two 5    1 for us im sure I will be told I am wrong :t:

Not uncommon if one of the teams are gash. 

When is the much needed and massive in terms of World Speedway event?   

I am of course referring to the Neil Middleditch  testimonial?

Can we stand the suspense of not knowing when it is ?

Edited by semion

59 minutes ago, ray c said:

Well to be fair it was always going to be like that when you have one team with a rider out of his depth and a team with little to race for plus no point in racing risking injury when you don't need to.

40 minutes ago, semion said:

When is the much needed and massive in terms of World Speedway event?   

I am of course referring to the Neil Middleditch  testimonial?

Can we stand the suspense of not knowing when it is ?

Don't know why you are so interested we have a  play off to lose, sorry choke with our understrength team first!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

4 hours ago, daz9100 said:

Blimey! :o

Crikey. I thought the track was a little bit iffy again last night, so I guess its all down to what mood the riders are in. Cook rode well and looked fast all night but so did Holder and Klindt. Harris was either very quick or very slow, not helped by obvious machine issues (which I hope he hasn't fixed by Monday!).

Not sure what referee Ronnie Allen was on??  All everyone wants is a bit of consistency with decisions!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2