British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lisa-colette

Poole vs Kings Lynn 12/09/19

42 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Crikey. I thought the track was a little bit iffy again last night, so I guess its all down to what mood the riders are in. Cook rode well and looked fast all night but so did Holder and Klindt. Harris was either very quick or very slow, not helped by obvious machine issues (which I hope he hasn't fixed by Monday!).

Not sure what referee Ronnie Allen was on??  All everyone wants is a bit of consistency with decision!

referees and consistency are not two words that usually appear in the same sentence!! And there are plenty of more inconsistent ones than Ronnie Allen!

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Don't know why you are so interested we have a  play off to lose, sorry choke with our understrength team first!

Interested ?  That’s a bit strong emotion.  However I thought this event was of mega importance to Poole fans where they get a chance to line his pockets, ooops I meant pay tribute to the man who has filled the programme in with Matts chequebook behind him.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, semion said:

Interested ?  That’s a bit strong emotion.  However I thought this event was of mega importance to Poole fans where they get a chance to line his pockets, ooops I meant pay tribute to the man who has filled the programme in with Matts chequebook behind him.

Middlo is a legend at Poole, as was his father so he deserves a big turnout as does anyone who has been at his local club for as long as he has.

Thought Neil's testimonial was next year?

Mind I don't always take much notice, I have to look up score when I get home!

Also Craig Cook was the referees rider of the night.

• Haha 1

to be fair, after what happened to Middlo's testimonial money before, i certainly don't begrudge him getting another go

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sugarray said:

Thought Neil's testimonial was next year?

Mind I don't always take much notice, I have to look up score when I get home!

Also Craig Cook was the referees rider of the night.

Two fantastic passes ....

16 hours ago, Deltalima said:

Well I have just returned home and have to say what a let down that was as upon arriving I find out that Robert Lambert isn’t here. For the paying punter it sucks and really is a kick in the teeth for British speedway. Fair play to young Chad he looked eager to please and gave it his all but the whole episode just puts a dark cloud over proceedings. I like my team to win but this spoilt what could have been an entertaining meeting. Oh well onto monday

Nothing about Lambert’s absence in the meeting preview and apart from saying he was absent, nothing in the match report either as to why he was missing, the fact that Lynn used a junior at no 1 says it was clearly an absence for which they were unwilling to use a proper facility which of course would mean Lambert would then collect a ban.

The fact the club fails to fully explain it is one of the main reasons why the sport finds itself in such a mess and one of the main reasons it struggles to attract any real media coverage and a younger audience.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trees said:

Two fantastic passes ....

exactly the only two of the night as well :t:  

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Not rocket science, get rid of the holes, bumps and ruts and riders will enjoy racing on what is a pretty decent shaped track. Just a pity it took them so long to sort it. 

They have not got rid of the bumps, the smooth line was out wide on at least the 1st/2nd bend ...... Manchester United indeed LOL LOL

1 hour ago, Trees said:

They have not got rid of the bumps, the smooth line was out wide on at least the 1st/2nd bend ...... Manchester United indeed LOL LOL

I wasn't there last night Trees,but from the clip on the BSPA site it's still not smooth.It may be better though so that's a start:approve:

4 hours ago, stevehone said:

to be fair, after what happened to Middlo's testimonial money before, i certainly don't begrudge him getting another go

Nicely in that loveable rouges pocket Reg Fearman!  

8 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I wasn't there last night Trees,but from the clip on the BSPA site it's still not smooth.It may be better though so that's a start:approve:

how many tracks are smooth then 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ray c said:

how many tracks are smooth then 

Quite a few are smooth,it's just the ripple effect you get at Poole.I have not seen a ripple effect at any other track in the league.Although i haven't been to Wolves and Swindon for a few years.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Quite a few are smooth,it's just the ripple effect you get at Poole.I have not seen a ripple effect at any other track in the league.Although i havn't been to Wolves and Swindon for a few years.

Bloody hell, you should have gone to Weymouth in the 70s!

• Like 1

Poole track is ok now. Not dead flat smooth but good enough. Speedway isn’t raced on tarmac.