British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lisa-colette

Poole vs Kings Lynn 12/09/19

2 hours ago, robins les said:

Poole supporters are far too confident of finishing top. With the changeable weather we are having, they may not complete all of their fixtures before the 19th. The management may then reflect why they had such a long gap without any meetings. I sincerely hope that this isn't the case but you never know in this country with the weather.

All meetings will be run I assure you. If you don't win at Kings Lynn which is not a given you won't have enough point to top the league unless we get beaten at home which is unlikely.

Edited by foreverblue

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Fine humid weather due for tomorrow. I gather the special 'holes and ruts' squad are all set for the special track prep for The Stars top 2.

Also the track marshall with the red flag on track for the rider presentations is being fitted for his protective suit today.:rofl:

Should be fun then Skidder :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Here it is :t:

From Thursdays(5th Sept) Daily Star

"Glasgow star Craig Cook faces a title blow if he loses his appeal against a ban.

The GB skipper was freed to carry on riding after refusing to accept a 12 day suspension for his part in a brawl at Eastbourne last month.

If he looses his appeal tomorrow week his ban could be increased, forcing him out of the end of season play offs"

So I take it it's next Friday ?

No,that will be this Friday:)

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

All meetings will be run I assure you. If you don't win at Kings Lynn which is not a given you won't have enough point to top the league unless we get beaten at home which is unlikely.

Genuine question, if Ipswich keep it close on Monday, do you think Middlo and Ford would be tempted to go for the bumper crowd option of Swindon, if you finish top

Edited by Call me wolfie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

No,that will be this Friday:)

Oh yeah. I do know that Tell. I copied and pasted from from a tread I put on last week:oops:

49 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Genuine question, if Ipswich keep it close on Monday, do you think Middlo and Ford would be tempted to go for the bumper crowd option of Swindon, if you finish top

Poole will get a bumper crowd whoever it is - although if it is Ipswich that'll mean Ippo on 2 successive Mondays, and both on TV!!.  However as Middlo has already stated, it'll be whoever the riders decide they've got the best chance against!

3 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

No i don't. Let Wolves and Swindon burn themselves out!

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Poole will get a bumper crowd whoever it is - although if it is Ipswich that'll mean Ippo on 2 successive Mondays, and both on TV!!.  However as Middlo has already stated, it'll be whoever the riders decide they've got the best chance against!

That won't be Swindon!

22 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

2,000? 

Thats sounds about right i would think . that used to an average crowd once 

On 9/10/2019 at 2:55 PM, ray c said:

got to win this to push on  for the top spot with ryan douglas in place  of wells we should pick up the three points .stranger things have happened though ps I forgot get well soon ricky your team needs you  

Looks like you wont have to wait long - taken from tonight's Official Edinburgh website:-

"Sheffield Tigers visit Armadale this Friday in a Championship match postponed just over a month ago. Forecast is good and the Staggs Bar Monarchs should have their full septet available – Ricky Wells has missed Poole's matches this week but is intending to ride on Friday.

Unless of course he aggravates his injury again on Friday

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like 1