British Speedway Forum
LesR

Craig Cook Ban Dropped

The only thing I am shocked about is the poor level of ant-Cook bile on here. I really expected much more,

Edited by Gazc
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

The only thing I am shocked about is the poor level of ant-Cook bile on here. I really expected much more,

why we all know what Cook is, the verdict is what those who made the decision are....leave it there!

majority of speedway fans don't like Cook or SCB..

nothing changes except opinions more cemented and polarised.

only winners may be Eastbourne as they'll get huge crowd if and when Cook reappears there although he'll no doubt have an excuse or an even bigger strop

leave 

3 minutes ago, HGould said:

why we all know what Cook is, the verdict is what those who made the decision are....leave it there!

majority of speedway fans don't like Cook or SCB..

nothing changes except opinions more cemented and polarised.

only winners may be Eastbourne as they'll get huge crowd if and when Cook reappears there although he'll no doubt have an excuse or an even bigger strop

leave 

So what exactly are you saying.

Im guessing you don't like Craig :D.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

The reaction of the wayward marshal started the melee.

Its also a fact that the Marshal put himself in danger that started the melee.

Im not standing up for Cook in the slightest, but too many guilty parties involved and unfair penalties dished out.

Cook put many people in danger by riding his bike through the pits. I saw it. He was so close to some people.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Gazc said:

I think most will not really be bothered either way..

British Speedway can get you like that..

Good luck to Craig, if the system allows it then fair play to him for escaping a ban.. 

It certainly won't resonate outside of the tiny GB Speedway bubble so no harm done to the Sport..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Given the outcome and what most people seen in the video footage ,the only thing shocking is that Vissing and Kennett got a ban.

Not shocking in the slightest. They were equally as culpable. What’s now shocking is that the outcome has very different outcomes for them to what Cook has now received.

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

Cook put many people in danger by riding his bike through the pits. I saw it. He was so close to some people.

That wasn’t on the various videos shown on social media and I agree there is a reason why bikes aren’t permitted to be ridden in the pits.

Cook is most definitely to blame for his part. It no less excuses the behaviour of others involved or the have a go (none) hero Marshall.

11 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Not shocking in the slightest. They were equally as culpable. What’s now shocking is that the outcome has very different outcomes for them to what Cook has now received.

11 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I was meaning in  the  the outcome,  the way Cook got away without a ban.

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

I was meaning in  the  the outcome,  the way Cook got away without a ban.

Apologies Fromafar, so yes I fully agree with that too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Shameful decision by SCB.

No reason given for the decision.

No transparency from the SCB.

How do they justify the ban for Kennett and Vissing?

Ho much was the fine?

Sadly i did say that they had something up their sleeve here.

Scb should be having words with those that have cocked up.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Surely that would be talking to themselves ;)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Star Lady said:

Agree that SCB should give reasons but the other riders involved had the same chance as Cook to appeal, and didn't, so no sympathy from me.

Vissing's appeal was rejected, Kennett didn't appeal.

Its a laughable decision. Cook is guilty of starting the whole sequence of events which led to other bans. In essence his club as got off scott free....not fair at all. 

What is even more laughable is people saying 'leave him alone, he's got mental health issues'...well if that's the case he definitely should not be on a speedway track right now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, iainb said:

To be fair the BSPA do need the money:rofl:

All money from SCB/BSPA fines goes into the BEN FUND 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Doctor... said:

In my role I do quite a few appeals on disciplinary matters which involve dismissal, and spend quite a lot of my time reviewing the process followed before either over turning or up holding the decision made..

It does appear something quite obvious may have happened/been missed, for him to a) not get banned soon after the incident like the others and b) not get banned after the appeal hearing when all the facts had been reviewed..

What obviously appeared to be an 'open and shut case' in the 'trial by social media' looks like it wasn't quite what it seemed..

As you say, maybe someone should be now getting some 'feedback'...

• Like 4