British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ruckerroo

eastie v leicester championship shield final sat/sun 14/15 sept

2 good looking fixtures on the cards here.

Eastbourne have schlein at 1 and pickering guests for Leicester for Worrall.

Weather looks very settled so should get 2 bumper crowds.

Leicester look very very solid top to toe , eastbournes side looks better than last weeks to me with the 2 tweaks, schlein is excellent at Arlington.

Leicester start as clear favourites , Eastbourne must hope to get a 10 pt lead at home worst way and try to stem the tide away.

After the feral news this morning lets hope speedways the winner, just like the 2 terrific redcar meetings

Edited by ruckerroo

1 hour ago, ruckerroo said:

2 good looking fixtures on the cards here.

Eastbourne have schlein at 1 and pickering guests for Leicester for Worrall.

Weather looks very settled so should get 2 bumper crowds.

Leicester look very very solid top to toe , eastbournes side looks better than last weeks to me with the 2 tweaks, schlein is excellent at Arlington.

Leicester start as clear favourites , Eastbourne must hope to get a 10 pt lead at home worst way and try to stem the tide away.

After the feral news this morning lets hope speedways the winner, just like the 2 terrific redcar meetings

i think overall 95-85 to Leicester - Eastie about 50-40 at Arlington and Lions 55 - 35 at Leicester.

Think Eastie weakened without Wood at Home but RR better for them away.

Could be reserves battle both Legs and Mountain easily best of the 4 reserves.

Should be cracking matches though, going Sunday and hope speedway is great and agree both Clubs deserve big crowds. Been to both this season and seen about 1500 that would be great for both again.

Think it'll be a narrow win for Eastie at home and a fairly substantial loss away, but think there will be some great heats though and even if we win 46/44 I'll be pleased,and I regard our first venture into the CL as a success. Well done to all the team at Arlington. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gazzac said:

Think it'll be a narrow win for Eastie at home and a fairly substantial loss away, but think there will be some great heats though and even if we win 46/44 I'll be pleased,and I regard our first venture into the CL as a success. Well done to all the team at Arlington. 

This season has been a success for Eastie. Staying in the NL would have been a backward step. The sooner Kent move up the better.

As an Eastbourne fan this season has been far better racing wise. Meetings are sped through which makes whole event far better. 

Lawson and Kerr have been excellent all season. Hopefully Eagles can compensate for r/r at 2 and weaker reserves. Can see a narrow win at home but Lions to win easily in 2nd leg. 

14 hours ago, Hackett said:

As an Eastbourne fan this season has been far better racing wise. Meetings are sped through which makes whole event far better. 

Lawson and Kerr have been excellent all season. Hopefully Eagles can compensate for r/r at 2 and weaker reserves. Can see a narrow win at home but Lions to win easily in 2nd leg. 

Lawson is very dependable would like to see him back at his parent club next season , on that subject i wonder how co-operative Glasgow will be on a loan back to the Eagles next season i wonder.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, HGould said:

Jon Cook and Co certainly made a few people eat their words this season.

Jon Cook has done nothing but gob off and drag down the name of the club. The only thing i hope he eats appears from a horses back end

15 hours ago, cityrebel said:

This season has been a success for Eastie. Staying in the NL would have been a backward step. The sooner Kent move up the better.

15 hours ago, Hackett said:

Racing may have improved but how have the crowd numbers been? Have the Eagles turned a profit this year? I suspect Kent will have again but i doubt its enough to step up and do the same? Its wonderful having great racing for a couple of seasons but if the sport isnt sustainable it will be for a couple of seasons only and then everything will fold up.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Who is schlein guesting for ?

If he is at no1, I would presume it would be for Kennett who is long tracking abroad.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Jon Cook has done nothing but gob off and drag down the name of the club. The only thing i hope he eats appears from a horses back end

Racing may have improved but how have the crowd numbers been? Have the Eagles turned a profit this year? I suspect Kent will have again but i doubt its enough to step up and do the same? Its wonderful having great racing for a couple of seasons but if the sport isnt sustainable it will be for a couple of seasons only and then everything will fold up.

been to eastie 4 times, crowds according to reports after the first 3 matches I went to were 1000; 1400 and 1200, last match I went to I would say about 1000 on that basis.

new business guy there  has been very open about what crowds have been and what they need and cancelled a match when he thought crowd would be low!

biggest CL crowds I've seen by far have been Glasgow 1500  / Eastie 1000 / Leicester 1000 in that order.

I think brummies averaging about 600-650 (have improved thru season), saw similar at Redcar and Somerset, would say about 400 at Scunny (haven't been to other CL this season)

Been to Kent twice I would say 500-600, Cradley about same 500- 600; IOW once about 300, Stoke once about 200 and Mildenhall early doors about 450.

In PL - Wolves regular guess about 800 and Swindon twice once was about 600 but few weeks back a lot more about 1200.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

If he is at no1, I would presume it would be for Kennett who is long tracking abroad.

Pickering for Worrall and Schlein for Kennett.

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

Lawson is very dependable would like to see him back at his parent club next season , on that subject i wonder how co-operative Glasgow will be on a loan back to the Eagles next season i wonder.

you might also ask how keen would Lawson be going back to Glasgow?

27 minutes ago, HGould said:

you might also ask how keen would Lawson be going back to Glasgow?

Not the question i asked was it , by all accounts Rich was very happy at Glasgow so that answers yours.

Well well .... all a bit of an anti climax. According to the excellent "speedway updates" site  I counted 8 heats  listed as from the gate, and Eastbourne failed to deliver a home win. 

After the "heady" heights of the rousing Glasgow home win of a month ago , the Eastbourne team have faded badly on their little home track at Arlington. 

Maybe just maybe the can deliver at Leicester tomorrow ?????? I wonder whether their Director of Speedway Operations Mr J. Cook will manage to get to Beaumont Park ?