British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ruckerroo

eastie v leicester championship shield final sat/sun 14/15 sept

A decent meeting at Eastie tonight watched by a big crowd. The highlight for me was two brilliant rides from Scott Nicholls to pass Lawson and Schlein. There's still life in the old boy!.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Well well .... all a bit of an anti climax. According to the excellent "speedway updates" site  I counted 8 heats  listed as from the gate, and Eastbourne failed to deliver a home win. 

After the "heady" heights of the rousing Glasgow home win of a month ago , the Eastbourne team have faded badly on their little home track at Arlington. 

Maybe just maybe the can deliver at Leicester tomorrow ?????? I wonder whether their Director of Speedway Operations Mr J. Cook will manage to get to Beaumont Park ? 

Looks like you were not there.

Tells us, when was the last time you graced a speedway match with your physical presence? 

The message is: don't make judgements from afar. 

You were not there, so you don't know.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

A decent meeting at Eastie tonight watched by a big crowd. The highlight for me was two brilliant rides from Scott Nicholls to pass Lawson and Schlein. There's still life in the old boy!.

Nicholls was fabulous. Worth my reduced (I saved the tix) admission alone.

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Well well .... all a bit of an anti climax. According to the excellent "speedway updates" site  I counted 8 heats  listed as from the gate, and Eastbourne failed to deliver a home win. 

After the "heady" heights of the rousing Glasgow home win of a month ago , the Eastbourne team have faded badly on their little home track at Arlington. 

Maybe just maybe the can deliver at Leicester tomorrow ?????? I wonder whether their Director of Speedway Operations Mr J. Cook will manage to get to Beaumont Park ? 

What is the purpose of this post? What are you trying to say? Who’s side are you even on?

8 minutes ago, Mr Bump said:

What is the purpose of this post? What are you trying to say? Who’s side are you even on?

Not on the side of speedway.

I think the Leicester fans will have said great meeting and any fair minded Eastbourne fan would agree.

I thought it was great entertainment worthy of a a final.

Great to see all the Leicester fans - you noisy lot!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Richard Weston said:

Not on the side of speedway.

I think the Leicester fans will have said great meeting and any fair minded Eastbourne fan would agree.

I thought it was great entertainment worthy of a a final.

Great to see all the Leicester fans - you noisy lot!!!

Well said.  Old bob sadly has an axe to grind with certain folk at Eastbourne and his bitter posts are a little sad but so predictable.

Sounds like it was a good night of racing which when it comes to it, is all any sensible fan wants to see. 

• Like 4

Extremely enjoyable match, too many last places for the home side.

Once again newman was excellent for eastie, others including lawson were under par.

Nicholls in ht 11 especially tore lawson apart for pure speed, as a sussex resident he should be no1 on the pecking order for 2020.

Leicester to my eyes are the strongest team in league, only issue is proctor seems to be regressing.

Its so important to have one gd reserve to keep ticking away and thats mountain.

Good crowd, good meeting

• Like 1

Have to echo the messages with the people who went, it was a hard fought match completed in the right spirit with 2 sets of friendly fans. What can you say about  Scott Nicholls, as said his 2 passes were top draw and much the same he was doing for us 10 years ago. As with last week's match think the team did all they could against the best teams in the league with the riders they had available and kept it possible to win on the night up to heat 14. Great racing, probably the only meeting I've been to that we've lost at home that I haven't come away in a sulk as the overall result was never likely to be in dought,  but speedway was the winner. Good learning year for Eastie, one final and a semi final, up and on for next year. Dan Spiller was on the mike last night, seems he's likely to be included next season no matter the format. 

Excellent meeting last night with good racing.

Nicholls rolled back the years but should of come as no surprise as he passed Lawson in exactly the same place earlier in season - then did it to Kennett a couple of heats later. Great races by fomer British Champion. 

Eagles just can't cover the loss of Wood at Arlington and you need a dominant reserve . Ht2 was a decent race as was the Newman vs Perks battle. Newman has been superb the last couple of weeks and be good to see him back next season with Kerr + Lawson but that will all depend on averages and one or two leagues. 

• Like 1

Knock me if you like. ,,i dont care,,,but the purpose of old Bob at herne bay ,s post is that Eastbourne,are a much weakened side now due to poor management decisions,,,,,an unreliable rider ,,....and an unfortunate accident to Bowtell ,,And hes as much right to an opinion as anyone else

15 hours ago, Mr Bump said:

Old  Bob is a compulsive moaner. Always was, always will be. Just ignore him.

47 minutes ago, waco said:

Knock me if you like. ,,i dont care,,,but the purpose of old Bob at herne bay ,s post is that Eastbourne,are a much weakened side now due to poor management decisions,,,,,an unreliable rider ,,....and an unfortunate accident to Bowtell ,,And hes as much right to an opinion as anyone else

If he'd mentioned specifics like you have done, then perhaps it would have been read in a different way.   "the Eastbourne team have faded badly on their little home track"  doesn't even make sense when 3 of them weren't even riding last night.  It was a bitter post and rightfully criticised , from someone with a helluva chip on his shoulder by the sounds of it. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Old  Bob is a compulsive moaner. Always was, always will be. Just ignore him.

Who's Old Bob ? (done).

Edited by gazzac

3 hours ago, gazzac said:

Who's Old Bob ? (done).

He was at his peak on the defunct Lakeside forum. He was Jon Cook's biggest admirer!

• Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 11:51 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

Jon Cook has done nothing but gob off and drag down the name of the club. The only thing i hope he eats appears from a horses back end

Racing may have improved but how have the crowd numbers been? Have the Eagles turned a profit this year? I suspect Kent will have again but i doubt its enough to step up and do the same? Its wonderful having great racing for a couple of seasons but if the sport isnt sustainable it will be for a couple of seasons only and then everything will fold up.

The racing has improved -- As has crowd numbers. Commercial Director has driven the community side and far more youngsters being taken to Arlington. 

Like the Daily Express , Speedways fanbase as a demographic is dying - so need to bring in younger fans Eagles are trying to do so. Most meetings have over 1000+ which is a start and seems as though with sponsors doing enough to return in 2020 . 

• Like 3