British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
porkypotter

potters v leicester cubs

On 9/14/2019 at 7:57 PM, burton1 said:

I started going in 1980,I remember that afternoon robbo rode for the comets,and bastable rode three match races in the second half great memories.

Yes, that's right Stevie B did 3 exhibition rides.

I also recall it raining part way through the meeting so they moved the interval. I went into the pits and got Rod North's and Les Sawyer's autographs.

7 minutes ago, Longsufferingpotter said:

Yes, that's right Stevie B did 3 exhibition rides.

I also recall it raining part way through the meeting so they moved the interval. I went into the pits and got Rod North's and Les Sawyer's autograp

You have a good memory,that comets team was probably the worst team in national league history.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, burton1 said:

You have a good memory,that comets team was probably the worst team in national league history.

Scunthorpe Stags in 2014 started out with 1 seasoned rider & 6 novices would probably take that honour. Very controversial & got beat heavily in most matches but it was seen as a way to develop the younger riders. Only 1 win in that season.

9 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Scunthorpe Stags in 2014 started out with 1 seasoned rider & 6 novices would probably take that honour. Very controversial & got beat heavily in most matches but it was seen as a way to develop the younger riders. Only 1 win in that season.

Yet none of them did develop into anything.

Of the 7, only Ryan McDonald is still going, and he's still only an NL reserve.

Steve Jones, Layne Cupitt, Scooter Webster, Arron Mogridge, Liam Sanderson and Reece Downes all fell by the wayside.

18 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

Yet none of them did develop into anything.

Of the 7, only Ryan McDonald is still going, and he's still only an NL reserve.

Steve Jones, Layne Cupitt, Scooter Webster, Arron Mogridge, Liam Sanderson and Reece Downes all fell by the wayside.

Danno Verge?

29 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Danno Verge?

Danno Verge and Tyler Govier were the first changes after Cupitt and Webster fell away.

Other changes followed.   Sam Chapman for Govier.  Michael Neale for Sanderson.  Sanderson back.

Of the changes, only Verge is still going, although Chapman showed brief promise.

Neale showed a fair amount of ability during his time with Cradley although i think costs pushed him out of the sport. I also recall Danny Ayres being signed up and sent away to get extra practice in shortly before he signed for Kent.....whoops. 

5 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

That Workington side was in the old second division,what's now known as the championship.