British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cj69

Monarchs v (Real) Tigers Fri 13th

2 hours ago, Cj69 said:

Alot easier than expected.  King and Nicol proving the power for the away team.   While Masters and Wells leading the way on a max each for monarchs.  I think that ended Sheffields hopes for a play off spot.  

It's good to see that the "week" away from racing has helped Ricky recover enough to deliver a max...I'm sure that Poole will be excited to have him back in the team for their next meeting :rolleyes:

Looking at the scorers it should stand out to any future Sheffield promotion that you must have riders who can ride any tracks.Nobody in the team has been consistent all season.Its no good having an exciting team on paper when they can't gate and can't pass on smaller tracks.Weve had enough Scott Smiths Richard Hall and James Birkinshaws in the past.Whoever takes over needs a good balance of gaters and riders who can pass.Our away form has been really poor for the last 2 seasons.We have got to make Broc first name on the team sheet next year he seems to be able to gate and overtake on all size tracks ,I think on his average he can only get better now he's seen most tracks.

1 hour ago, Charlieboy said:

Looking at the scorers it should stand out to any future Sheffield promotion that you must have riders who can ride any tracks.Nobody in the team has been consistent all season.Its no good having an exciting team on paper when they can't gate and can't pass on smaller tracks.Weve had enough Scott Smiths Richard Hall and James Birkinshaws in the past.Whoever takes over needs a good balance of gaters and riders who can pass.Our away form has been really poor for the last 2 seasons.We have got to make Broc first name on the team sheet next year he seems to be able to gate and overtake on all size tracks ,I think on his average he can only get better now he's seen most tracks.

Agree with everything you say.our riders are decent at home but apart from the odd few have been poor away.having said that,look at edinbro as a typical example of that.as iv,e mentioned before we need an out and out number one in the Sam masters mode who are comfortable wherever they ride and build the team from there.agree about broc but fear he could well be Eastbourne bound going on what a few folks have said.we have missed Kyle especially away as he attacks tricky tracks like edinbro.would have Kyle,broc,a good number one and build from there.

Real Tigers win at Armadale 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

Say what you like about Scott Smith but he featured in your league winning sides of 1999 and 2002.

granted the bonus point was a big factor then, but hammering everyone and anyone at home back in the day and getting the odd away win back in the day would win you the league.

I'm not having a go at Scott Smith etc that was then this is now.Getting 60 points at Home gets you 3 points 30 points away gets zero.To get points away you need at least 42 points to get a bonus so riders like I mentioned would not help you win the league obviously.A top number one and at least one good reserve with riders in the middle who can gate or are good from the back.You need the right mix.One trick ponies are no good.