Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cj69

Monarchs v (Real) Tigers Fri 13th

Another meeting closer to the end.  This time the visit of the Southern Tigers.  Expect an end of season feel and a low crowd but its a decent day with no threat of rain (can you ever say that?) 

Teams

Monarchs

Masters, Sarj, Picko, Wells, Cammy, Wullie, Coles 

Tigers 

King, McDonald, Segy, Kurtz, Wethers, Kennedy, Nicol

Sheffield with the potential to cause trouble with King, Segy and Wethers able to score at the Dale.  Also expect their reserves to be in the points on their current form.  

How can Matty Wethers miss two meetings for his proper club but can take a guest booking a couple of days later?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

How can Matty Wethers miss two meetings for his proper club but can take a guest booking a couple of days later?

Cos it's just round the corner ?

4 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Cos it's just round the corner ?

Who knows? Seems a bit fishy to me like.

9 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Ever thought that it depends on how long it takes to recover from injury &/or when the medics advise it is fit to resume?

Cameron Heeps recently was still unfit to ride for Edinburgh at Somerset on a Wednesday, but resumed at Ipswich the next day.

Still I suppose it gives some an excuse to girn:D

Hope our tigers are up for this one ,we are desperate for a big win to keep season alive.I was also wondering how fit wethers is going to be.Hope he's not going to pull out after one ride and drop us in it. Good luck to the Tigers .

1 hour ago, nagy1 said:

Surely Sheffield can still make the play-offs, even if their away form suggests it's a tough ask.

1 hour ago, nagy1 said:

An article in a paper with a horrific headline shock horror. You just better hope you win the league in the next couple of years before they move on.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

An article in a paper with a horrific headline shock horror. You just better hope you win the league in the next couple of years before they move on.

As a sports fan I hope my teams win every year. Why would this period be so specific?  

Must win for Sheffield if they are to pip Somerset for a play off spot, sadly I see the Tigers play off dreams end tonight.

Alot easier than expected.  King and Nicol proving the power for the away team.   While Masters and Wells leading the way on a max each for monarchs.  I think that ended Sheffields hopes for a play off spot.