British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mimmo

Premiership Supporters' Cup

As far as I'm aware, the Poole v King's Lynn and Wolverhampton v Peterborough meetings haven't been staged in this competition yet, despite the first leg of the final having taken place.

Can these meetings be forgotten about, with loss of wages to the riders, or are the two clubs obliged to stage them or face a fine.  Does anybody know, even if you might not care?

22 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

As far as I'm aware, the Poole v King's Lynn and Wolverhampton v Peterborough meetings haven't been staged in this competition yet, despite the first leg of the final having taken place.

Can these meetings be forgotten about, with loss of wages to the riders, or are the two clubs obliged to stage them or face a fine.  Does anybody know, even if you might not care?

They should be made to run them, but in this financial climate, probably wont.

24 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

poiole are staging there meeting in October it will probably be . the end of season bash  when we parade the premiership trophy around Wimborne road :D:t::drink::cheers:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ray c said:

poiole are staging there meeting in October it will probably be . the end of season bash  when we parade the premiership trophy around Wimborne road :D:t::drink::cheers:

I hope it does get staged for the riders sake, after all, who wants to lose a wage packet, and more importantly, why should they.  If the powers to be, want to invent daft competitions, then they should be made to see it through to the bitter end.

8 minutes ago, ray c said:

Only if your watching last season’s DVD...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

I hope it does get staged for the riders sake, after all, who wants to lose a wage packet, and more importantly, why should they.  If the powers to be, want to invent daft competitions, then they should be made to see it through to the bitter end.

Its definitely happening after the play-offs. Told so by the promoters on Thursday.

Also if the KL v Poole Prem meeting is also deferred, I believe it'll be the intention to hold both in the same week in October with both promotions offering some form of extra incentives to attend.

Edited by Skidder1

Pity someone won't make an official statement then regarding to KL v Poole meeting, because I've been told by someone within the club that it is this coming Thursday!!

I should think they are waiting for the play off draws to be finalised so teams will then know what dates are available or free to stage the outstanding fixtures.

1 hour ago, Mimmo said:

Pity someone won't make an official statement then regarding to KL v Poole meeting, because I've been told by someone within the club that it is this coming Thursday!!

It is on Thursday BUT only if top spot is still undecided from Monday's fixtures. And that is straight from the Promoter.

• Thanks 1

Hope it's not Thursday.

Swindon home Monday and heading off to Cardiff Friday. 

Thursday as well for a meaningless fixture, forget it.