Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
A ORLOV

Kings Lynn v Swindon 16 9 19

7 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

no, but you could pop down to Norfolk :wink:

Would love to visit tracks in the premier league done all championship tracks bar Eastbourne, who knows if they go for one big league could be visiting you all soon!

• Like 1

home win for me if lambert bothers to turn up ?? lynn prep their track to grippy for away teams to handle hence poor racing and their unbeaten record there and having watched swindon last thursday at NSS they are vunerable in certain positions away from home if doyle or batchelor have a bad one they are goosed 50 -40 lynn for me !!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

home win for me if lambert bothers to turn up ?? lynn prep their track to grippy for away teams to handle hence poor racing and their unbeaten record there and having watched swindon last thursday at NSS they are vunerable in certain positions away from home if doyle or batchelor have a bad one they are goosed 50 -40 lynn for me !!

I think experienced riders can handle it but it has become gate and go which is a shame because it used to be a great track with lots of passing. So Swindon’s middle order may struggle because they aren't the best gaters and their reserves will struggle too in my opinion. I think Kings Lynn will win and of course i hope that they do! 

25 minutes ago, Tigeratheart said:

Would love to visit tracks in the premier league done all championship tracks bar Eastbourne, who knows if they go for one big league could be visiting you all soon!

You would be welcome at Swindon any time. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I think experienced riders can handle it but it has become gate and go which is a shame because it used to be a great track with lots of passing. So Swindon’s middle order may struggle because they aren't the best gaters and their reserves will struggle too in my opinion. I think Kings Lynn will win and of course i hope that they do! 

batchelor won't fancy it after the shennigans of a couple of seasons ago with chris holder about the track and chapman sacking them on transfer deadline day lynns home advantage will see them home !!

6 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

batchelor won't fancy it after the shennigans of a couple of seasons ago with chris holder about the track and chapman sacking them on transfer deadline day lynns home advantage will see them home !!

Since Batch scored 12 points in each of our last two visits to KL I would think he would again want to show Chapman what he has been missing.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Just now, A ORLOV said:

Since Batch scored 12 points on our last visit to KL I would think he would again want to show Chapman what he has been missing.

play/offs beckon he won't want to risk injury on a dodgy track poole will finish top anyway !!

17 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

I would think that is motivation to do well but if Lambert and Cook are on form can't really see him winning many races.

Edited by foreverblue

Well this looks like Swindon's to lose now.Tofty has just gone to hospital after a bad looking crash at Newcastle tonight.Although he got up,according to updates it didn't look good with the  crowd going very quiet.That's when you know it didn't look good.

Best wishes to Tofty and Greaves and lets hope it's just precautionary.

Tofty and Jorgensen are irreplaceable around Lynn,hard enough with one out but if it is indeed two is out then Swindon have to be looking at 4pts.

Maybe Bewley or Wright for Toft if he isn't fit.

Edited by tellboy

13 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I would think that is motivation to do well but if Lambert and Cook are on form can't really see him winning many races.

just can't see swindon winning having watched them last week at NSS they may get a consolation point but that's about it !!

11 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Well this looks like Swindon's to lose now.Tofty has just gone to hospital after a bad looking crash at Newcastle tonight.Although he got up,according to updates it didn't look good with the  crowd going very quiet.That's when you know it didn't look good.

Tofty and Jorgensen are irreplaceable around Lynn,hard enough with one out but if it is indeed two is out then Swindon have to be looking at 4pts.

Maybe Bewley or Wright for Toft if he isn't fit.

sad news to hear any rider getting injuries best wishes to both riders just have to see what lynn do to cover this ??

23 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Wish the riders well. Tofty wasn't very lucky at the back end of last season either :(

As you say with TJ 7.71 and Tofty 7.44 at the AFA, impossible to cover for, it's Swindon's to loose now. 

Bewley or Wright is about the best we can hope for. Others Scotty, Hans( not recovered) Tungate, Morris, Becker

Edited by Bald Bloke

Hope Swindon will pick up a point but we rarely seem to do the business away from home. Over two legs though it could be another matter. 

19 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Wish the riders well. Tofty wasn't very lucky at the back end of last season either :(

As you say with TJ 7.71 and Tofty 7.44 at the AFA, impossible to cover for, it's Swindon's to loose now. 

Bewley or Wright is about the best we can hope for. Others Scotty, Hans( not recovered) Tungate, Morris, Becker

i would think Wright may be the best option

• Like 1