British Speedway Forum
A ORLOV

Kings Lynn v Swindon 16 9 19

Well done Robins

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

With TJ and Tofty it would of been a Stars win.

Without a wi..y my uncle would’ve been my auntie:-)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Massive result for the Robins tonight. Let's hope that Kings Lynn return to their home form next Thursday. Poole have to win, away draw would not be good enough as Robins have far superior race points difference. Speedway Updates will be hot on Thursday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Without a wi..y my uncle would’ve been my auntie:-)

Averaged over 15 between them this season at home. What did Lynn get for them.

4 minutes ago, robins les said:

Massive result for the Robins tonight. Let's hope that Kings Lynn return to their home form next Thursday. Poole have to win, away draw would not be good enough as Robins have far superior race points difference. Speedway Updates will be hot on Thursday.

Not a case of form. It's riders missing..

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Not a case of form. It's riders missing..

Never mind hey. Will Wells be fit for Thursday or will that mysterious injury re-occur. If only we had the benefit of riding against a NL rider at Belle Vue last Thursday but it appears that a long flight caused Bjerre's injury to reappear. 

2 minutes ago, robins les said:

Never mind hey. Will Wells be fit for Thursday or will that mysterious injury re-occur. If only we had the benefit of riding against a NL rider at Belle Vue last Thursday but it appears that a long flight caused Bjerre's injury to reappear. 

I'm a Lynn fan.... Was just giving my opinion if that's ok. I don't give a toss what Poole do, as long as they loose...

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Averaged over 15 between them this season at home. What did Lynn get for them.

You can only ride against who’s in the team on the night but I agree with you with the 2 missing riders & Porsing still in the team it was Swindon’s too lose.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Still top of the table 

Who would bet against Poole though? Fairly or otherwise? 

Great win tonight for the Robins. 

21 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

With TJ and Tofty it would of been a Stars win.

Could have been but we don't know of course. But 5pts from their rides was not pretty. One of them would normally have doubled that score on their own. 

Swindon though can only beat what they had before them. Proctor was awful though. Guess we need someone like Harris when we take on Poole. 

Track looked the slickest I've seen it in a while. Probably not to our boys liking. But there was some good racing, Lambert and Ellis in particular. Could have done with that Ellis in the final last year:rolleyes:

I don't like losing, but if you are going to lose one I'm glad it's to Swindon so they have the chance to top the league. 

Now all we have to do is stop Poole from beating us. Nice and grippy for that one Buster:t:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Could have been but we don't know of course. But 5pts from their rides was not pretty. One of them would normally have doubled that score on their own. 

Swindon though can only beat what they had before them. Proctor was awful though. Guess we need someone like Harris when we take on Poole. 

Track looked the slickest I've seen it in a while. Probably not to our boys liking. But there was some good racing, Lambert and Ellis in particular. Could have done with that Ellis in the final last year:rolleyes:

I don't like losing, but if you are going to lose one I'm glad it's to Swindon so they have the chance to top the league. 

Now all we have to do is stop Poole from beating us. Nice and grippy for that one Buster:t:

Just try to get a better guest for thurs, please

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, robins les said:

You lost, get over it.

9 hours ago, g13webb said:

Sidney,    how are you?   see your team are doing well this year, and coming good at the right time.   If its worth anything, my money's on your lot for the final.

My liking of Buster  started to wane when he took over the chairmanship of the league. Since then, his treatment to the riders and the fans have been of utter contempt.  I can understand why he purchase 3 teams this year, be it as a last resort to keep the league going,   but that also singled the end of any chances the Stars had of being run successful this year. 

Reliable as ever, I've still been to most meetings this year but it's not pretty.    For 50 odd years I had always dreamed of seeing the Stars win that cavorted trophy,  but after much consideration  I have now accepted the inevitability that it will never happen. I plan to cattail  my regular visits to saddlebow road at the send of the season.  

All the best to Mark,   hope it works out  OK...…    

Thanks and i am sure thing's will be alot better for your lot next season a strong King's Lynn that can compete away from home  makes the league much stronger.One thing that you did not touch on and is regularly being highlighted by your fans, is it financial? is it just sheer stubbornness but why has the dark shail not been replaced.? King's Lynn is certainly one of the BEST racing tracks i  have been to up there with Hyde RD, Sheffield,Halifax, now it is a shell of a track to what it used to be.