British Speedway Forum
A ORLOV

Kings Lynn v Swindon 16 9 19

6 hours ago, tellboy said:

Could have been but we don't know of course. But 5pts from their rides was not pretty. One of them would normally have doubled that score on their own. 

Swindon though can only beat what they had before them. Proctor was awful though. Guess we need someone like Harris when we take on Poole. 

Track looked the slickest I've seen it in a while. Probably not to our boys liking. But there was some good racing, Lambert and Ellis in particular. Could have done with that Ellis in the final last year:rolleyes:

I don't like losing, but if you are going to lose one I'm glad it's to Swindon so they have the chance to top the league. 

Now all we have to do is stop Poole from beating us. Nice and grippy for that one Buster:t:

Yeah we could've done with that Ellis last year, I'm glad his form still rankles with someone else, will never forgive him and his Poole connections!

16 hours ago, Star Lady said:

thank the lord for Maggie Smith!

Best thing I have read on here for ages.

12 hours ago, g13webb said:

My liking of Buster  started to wane when he took over the chairmanship of the league. Since then, his treatment to the riders and the fans have been of utter contempt. 

And as you know Mr Webb I have greatly reduced my visits to Saddlebow Road this season and it will take a lot to tempt me back. Consistently better racing being number one, on a track where those riders that still want to "have a go" can. Whatever Buster might think of his rise in status - to eminence - it has distanced him, seemingly by choice from even many die hard supporters like us.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Speedball said:

What was the crowd level like last night?

Wasnt there, but was told it was national league crowd numbers. 

2 hours ago, therefused said:

Wasnt there, but was told it was national league crowd numbers. 

Down on normal, but way above National League crowds.

Can't see it being very good on Thursday, but would like to see the fans turn out in a high a numbers as possible, to cheer the team on for one last time this season.  Well apart from the meeting at Poole in the Mickey Mouse Cup that has still got be staged. 

I went to halfway, blimey the racing seems rather slow but I like the idea of someone hanging off the back of the stock car, dodgems style.:D

10 hours ago, Trees said:

Yeah we could've done with that Ellis last year, I'm glad his form still rankles with someone else, will never forgive him and his Poole connections!

Hands off. He's  Swindon asset now, bought him off of Lakeside about 2/3 seasons ago.

3 hours ago, Mimmo said:

Down on normal, but way above National League crowds.

Can't see it being very good on Thursday, but would like to see the fans turn out in a high a numbers as possible, to cheer the team on for one last time this season.  Well apart from the meeting at Poole in the Mickey Mouse Cup that has still got be staged. 

The Poole v KL Supporters Cup meeting will be Poole's end-of-season fixture in October , so expect some sort of incentives for people to attend.

13 hours ago, Trees said:

Poole connections??

you mean when they dropped him after he was one of the stand outriders of the season ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

The Poole v KL Supporters Cup meeting will be Poole's end-of-season fixture in October , so expect some sort of incentives for people to attend.

Like fiver admission.

3 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Like fiver admission.

That would certainly tempt me. I might think about it at a tenner ( but might still decline ). With the amount of decent races in an average meeting - a fiver is still a bit steep ( at £1 a race )

2 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

That would certainly tempt me. I might think about it at a tenner ( but might still decline ). With the amount of decent races in an average meeting - a fiver is still a bit steep ( at £1 a race )

Totally meaningless fixture on a cold October night.

2 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

Poole connections??

you mean when they dropped him after he was one of the stand outriders of the season ?

I maybe totally and utterly wrong but he's got a big Poole based sponsor hasn't he?

• Like 1