British Speedway Forum
Baldyman

Poole v Ipswich today

2 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I got shot down the other month by Lord remainer Shovlar when i dared to suggest that Poole would be one of the weakest left in the playoffs.Of course they have my total respect and there record is all there to be seen over the last twenty years but myself personally would rather ride Poole than Wolves/Ipswich.

And as an Ipswich fan i would rather face Poole then Wolves or Swindon

• Like 1

Just now, Gavan said:

And as an Ipswich fan i would rather face Poole then Wolves or Swindon

Ah and you have always said that and i totally agree for me Ipswich would be slight favourite's over Poole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Slight? Clear favourites are Ipswich,,,, Poole are gash if Wells doesnt fake an injury,,,, and we have play off Bomber,,, the Bomber everyone keeps telling us about. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mickthemuppet said:

Such a proper sport that the team scoring the least runs can win

I presume you are referring to Duckworth Lewis Stern? If so it’s got absolutely nothing to do with test matches. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

But if you go by what Gav always does,,, their form riders Becker and Douglas only scored 1 each on last visit.     Not that it makes any difference,,,, don't think they would thrash us at all, Bomber loves wolves,,, so we keep getting told

Need more than one rider! Wolves are the form team atm, only Swindon will get anywhere close to them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Is that the same Wolves team that we drew 45-45 at recently..and the same Wolves side that thumped you 55-35 (when r/r and Covatti got 12 between them).......and against us Becker was at reserve and against you he was in the main body....oh and we have Niels as well now

Is that the same team that we beat twice at home this season

Is that the same Wolves side that recently won at Poole (oh yes Covatti and THJ got 3 between them)....................and the same Wolves side that lost at Poole earlier in the season (oh yes Covatti and Worrall got 13 in that match.......)

I would think its more likely Poole that would get thumped by Wolves .......dont you

Wolves won at Poole recently. You go on current form and you said Ippo would smash Poole earlier in the season so what do you know!! Lol.

Kinda funny that you say Ippo are the weakest team in the playoffs but you are going to knock Wolves out!! :rofl:

Oh and where have I said Poole will beat Wolves, oh yeah i haven't!! Only Swindon will be competitive against them. 

In your opinion,,, and in mine I think we can do all the other teams over 2 legs, providing Lawson remembers what to do.

Its all just opinions, and guessing, cos no one knows what will happen on the night. 

It's all just bants from me,,, I don't take it too seriously. If we win we win, if we lose we lose. Doesn't change my life in the slighteat

Edited by Baldyman
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Would be a good way to do it.

All i know is that if my team finished top i would want them to pick the weakest of the other 3.............i want to be in the final

As i said there is an argument for Swindon if they finish top to pick Poole as they would be favourites to win that match

I cant understand why for the life of me Poole if they come top would choose Swindon.....makes no sense even from a financial point of view.....im struggling to see how one home match (should Poole lose) can be financially better then 2 matches whoever they are against

You would understand it if you listen to what Skidder actually says to you!! Only I said jokingly that Poole might pick Swindon, no one else has only that Swindon might pick Poole. 

4 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

In your opinion,,, and in mine I think we can do all the other teams over 2 legs, providing Lawson remembers what to do. 

Well I will be saying I told you so in a few weeks then! There is no way you will beat Swindon or Wolves over 2 legs. Maybe if you had the beginning of the season form but that has long gone! 

But heat one might see Doyle and his partner hit the deck both withdraw, heat 2 reserve does the same,   meeting over,,,, ya just never know in speedway, its fast and dangerous, anything can happen. 

You only have to look at the Ipswich cannon fodder witches, everyone tipped to finish bottom 

Edited by Baldyman

18 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well I will be saying I told you so in a few weeks then! There is no way you will beat Swindon or Wolves over 2 legs. Maybe if you had the beginning of the season form but that has long gone! 

15th July - Wolves 45-45 Ipswich

25th July - Ipswich 41-37 Wolves

Wasnt really early season form when we did beat Wolves over 2 legs............

30 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Wolves won at Poole recently. You go on current form and you said Ippo would smash Poole earlier in the season so what do you know!! Lol.

Kinda funny that you say Ippo are the weakest team in the playoffs but you are going to knock Wolves out!! :rofl:

Oh and where have I said Poole will beat Wolves, oh yeah i haven't!! Only Swindon will be competitive against them. 

You do have a real problem reading posts ..the female Shovlar

Based on form we have more chance then Poole against Wolves...........never said we would beat them

Close one tonight. I am looking forward to it. All your talk of the play-offs is making me jealous and bitter.

6 minutes ago, craigACE said:

Close one tonight. I am looking forward to it. All your talk of the play-offs is making me jealous and bitter.

Yes, that was us last year, BV are the one team I didn't fancy over 2 legs to be honest.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

But heat one might see Doyle and his partner hit the deck both withdraw, heat 2 reserve does the same,   meeting over,,,, ya just never know in speedway, its fast and dangerous, anything can happen. 

You only have to look at the Ipswich cannon fodder witches, everyone tipped to finish bottom 

True, more likely that Sarj will get excluded for jumping thr starts though! ;) :P