British Speedway Forum
Baldyman

Poole v Ipswich today

Looked like Iversen's crash was caused by that bump over the start line and a lack of dirt on inside line to hold him up

• Like 1

Certainly closer than the final score suggests.  Scrabble the star tonight - if he went any wider, he would be riding the fence

11 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Abysmal speedway track! 

Dreadful but don't expect any Poole locals to agree. Well done to Bomber -- I've not always been a great fan of his but his experience and skill did him proud tonight.

Ipswich were testing themselves out. Did ok. No yeah, no in the interviews tonight. Good stuff.

Just got back. Very easy win for Poole tonight. Should have been by 16 but for Klindt’s chain coming off when he was well clear. Ipswich just didn’t really threaten and but for the fact that both Kurtz and Holder had shockers it would have been a rout.

I agree with the fact that the track was bumpy on the first bend. Just don’t understand it. They sorted it out but it’s come back tonight with a vengeance. I would like to know why. The way they grade? Subsidence? All very peculiar. Needs to be sorted again though before next season.

We all thought it strange that Hawkins never used a t/r. If you are in it you need to at least try and win it, though I guess his thinking is that there are no t/Sr in the playoffs so give all riders their quota. 

Josh G certainly the rider of the night though with balls to the walls racing. Closely followed by Klindt who was excellent value. Special mention to our reserves who were much improved, ably backed up by Covatti. Our top two were poor. 

With Swindon winning tonight and getting all 4 points it looks like they will top the table. Rumour tonight was they could well pick us. Rather that than see Ipswich again next week and much closer to travel for the second leg.

Looks like BT slipped up again and showed the wrong meeting

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ray c said:

Embarrassing for our promoters the track is so poor

There is no excuse. The track was levelled and new shale laid. Trouble is the base is no good. And the 4 tonne bags of shale they got from Wickes don't last long.

They can't give it much/any water once the meeting is underway, because there isn't much shale on and it will make it to slippery.. Said it before, you can't polish a turd.

Score line flattered Poole imo, was a much closer meeting than the score line suggest although that said I feel Poole were always going to win. 

Track was poor throughout.

Ref decisions were poor throughout.

expect that to be the worst we’ll see Niels from the tapes for the season, he’ll be sharper in the playoffs I’d have thought.

heeps is great at Foxhall, needs to be doing better away in playoffs if we’re to stand a chance

59 minutes ago, chun said:

Hopefully the witches can use their broomsticks in this final heat to avoid the moguls and stay injury free for the playoffs

You would think being witches, they could magic the bumps away..

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Score line flattered Poole imo, was a much closer meeting than the score line suggest although that said I feel Poole were always going to win. 

Track was poor throughout.

Ref decisions were poor throughout.

expect that to be the worst we’ll see Niels from the tapes for the season, he’ll be sharper in the playoffs I’d have thought.

heeps is great at Foxhall, needs to be doing better away in playoffs if we’re to stand a chance

Flattered Poole? We were pretty dominant to be honest and a 16 point win would have been fair. Ipswich got lucky with the chain coming off.

But to be frank neither Poole or Ipswich will be challenging Swindon or Wolves this year.