British Speedway Forum
Baldyman

Poole v Ipswich today

Can't understand why you would lay a speed bump in the middle of a race track, very strange. Perhaps getting ahead for the car park next year, fingers crossed.

I don't get the stick that Hawkins is getting. A clear and sensible decision to give all the riders as much track time as possible in case we are back at Poole next Monday.

The track was really poor.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I agree with the fact that the track was bumpy on the first bend. Just don’t understand it. They sorted it out but it’s come back tonight with a vengeance. I would like to know why. The way they grade? Subsidence? All very peculiar. Needs to be sorted again though before next season.

Why wait until next season. What about riders safety for next week?

Edited by Siggytastic
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just got back. Very easy win for Poole tonight. Should have been by 16 but for Klindt’s chain coming off when he was well clear. Ipswich just didn’t really threaten and but for the fact that both Kurtz and Holder had shockers it would have been a rout.

I agree with the fact that the track was bumpy on the first bend. Just don’t understand it. They sorted it out but it’s come back tonight with a vengeance. I would like to know why. The way they grade? Subsidence? All very peculiar. Needs to be sorted again though before next season.

We all thought it strange that Hawkins never used a t/r. If you are in it you need to at least try and win it, though I guess his thinking is that there are no t/Sr in the playoffs so give all riders their quota. 

Josh G certainly the rider of the night though with balls to the walls racing. Closely followed by Klindt who was excellent value. Special mention to our reserves who were much improved, ably backed up by Covatti. Our top two were poor. 

With Swindon winning tonight and getting all 4 points it looks like they will top the table. Rumour tonight was they could well pick us. Rather that than see Ipswich again next week and much closer to travel for the second leg.

The base is no good. Said it time and time again. All they are doing is a quick fix... That's all they ever do. Bought 4 tonne of shale, that's not enough either. It's nearly gone already, hence why they can't water the track mid meeting. It will make it to slippery... It's all about ££££.

• Like 1

Just now, JamesB said:

I don't get the stick that Hawkins is getting. A clear and sensible decision to give all the riders as much track time as possible in case we are back at Poole next Monday.

The track was really poor.

Totally agree. He was right to let every rider have their full quota this evening. 

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

We should win at Kings Lynn especially if they use Proctor again but they will probably use a better guest on  thursday.

More likely Becker or Douglas. Both are on fire. Don’t think it matters now to be honest. Rather see Swindon or Wolves next week.

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

So you can't see them bouncing around then? And you think it's good and smooth? 

It's funny the surporters are moaning about it, but not one rider 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Track is looking good. Had a chat with Tatum and he liked what he saw. He thinks Swindon v Poole semi final.  

He obviously couldn’t see the ruts and waves on the track walk. Bouncy and wavy right from heat 1. Nowhere near as bad as the travesty of a track earlier in the year but still it’s no wonder racing has been processional (watching recorded so only on heat 2).

4 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

He obviously couldn’t see the ruts and waves on the track walk. Bouncy and wavy right from heat 1. Nowhere near as bad as the travesty of a track earlier in the year but still it’s no wonder racing has been processional (watching recorded so only on heat 2).

It's hard to see the waves, before a bike has been on track. To an extent the shale masks them, until the bikes take off the little that's there.

14 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Fxxx xxx xxxt

Why are you Poole fans such xxxxxxx

Biggest bunch of xxxxx I've ever had the displeasure of 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Holder mentioned it during his interview on telly. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

The base is no good. Said it time and time again. All they are doing is a quick fix... That's all they ever do. Bought 4 tonne of shale, that's not enough either. It's nearly gone already, hence why they can't water the track mid meeting. It will make it to slippery... It's all about ££££.

4 ton of shale, where did you get that imformation from ? Nothing wrong with the base. But you keep bleating about it if it makes you happy.