British Speedway Forum
Baldyman

Poole v Ipswich today

3 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

4 ton of shale, where did you get that imformation from ? Nothing wrong with the base. But you keep bleating about it if it makes you happy.

I think I read it in the Echo or the Poole site. If the base was smooth, so would the track be. It's simple? If the base isn't smooth, the track will never be, because the base is as hard as nails, and if you fill it with packed shale, the bikes will dig the top surface up. Not rocket science is it..

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

Score line flattered Poole imo, was a much closer meeting than the score line suggest although that said I feel Poole were always going to win. 

Track was poor throughout.

Ref decisions were poor throughout.

expect that to be the worst we’ll see Niels from the tapes for the season, he’ll be sharper in the playoffs I’d have thought.

heeps is great at Foxhall, needs to be doing better away in playoffs if we’re to stand a chance

Please explain Ref decisions were poor throughout. Admit it could have been all four back for Heeps but what else? Serious question.

No getting away from it not being bumpy as I made a comment on it at the track in heat 2. Track staff need to blade off the inside of bend one. On the outside of the bend it’s smooth.

1 minute ago, Sherborne Green said:

Please explain Ref decisions were poor throughout. Admit it could have been all four back for Heeps but what else? Serious question.

Thought the ref was spot on in all his calls except letting King get away with a roller. 

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No getting away from it not being bumpy as I made a comment on it at the track in heat 2. Track staff need to blade off the inside of bend one. On the outside of the bend it’s smooth.

It's the base..If the base was sorted in the last fix, we wouldn't be here now.. Simple.

14 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think I read it in the Echo or the Poole site. If the base was smooth, so would the track be. It's simple? If the base isn't smooth, the track will never be, because the base is as hard as nails, and if you fill it with packed shale, the bikes will dig the top surface up. Not rocket science is it..

Well you keep thinking your way but im telling you, you are wrong.

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

Fine Starry. So why is the the track with a smooth base riding like this ??

3 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Go on then Billy Big plums, whats the problem with it?   Or can't you say? Maybe you have something in your mouth stopping you. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

So what's the issue old starry?!? My man!

The base is f####d,fella. When you pop out of your hole for a minute you should be able to see what the rest of human kind does.

You are the greatest unintentional comedian I've heard.

If you put your mind to it, you could make a really good career out of people laughing out loud at you.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Fine Starry. So why is the the track with a smooth base riding like this ??

I can guarantee he will not come back with an answer for that. 100.

And if he does, I'll take him apart.

1 minute ago, acef said:

I can guarantee he will not come back with an answer for that. 100.

And if he does, I'll take him apart.

I've been saying all season. You really can't polish a turd.. The base is the problem. It costs to much for Fraud to fix, so he keeps bodging it until he can get rid.

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I agree with the fact that the track was bumpy on the first bend. Just don’t understand it. They sorted it out but it’s come back tonight with a vengeance. I would like to know why. The way they grade? Subsidence? All very peculiar. Needs to be sorted again though before next season.

Take note Lisa even your lover agreed with most people. Take your rose tinted Poole glasses off and accept everything isn't rosy at Wimbourne Road.

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I'm just pointing out it was fine last week, so don't understand why it is so different today. Plus I don't need to accept anything if I am going to watch it later, I can make my own mind up. 

When you have watched it perhaps you can agree with everyone else then?

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Hawkins.. "Were riding the waves":) 

Nice little quote to describe the track.

2 hours ago, Bash said:

Looked like Iversen's crash was caused by that bump over the start line and a lack of dirt on inside line to hold him up

One of the many bumps and waves.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

More likely Becker or Douglas. Both are on fire. Don’t think it matters now to be honest. Rather see Swindon or Wolves next week.

Thought you could only use riders from non Play Off teams so absolutely not.

47 minutes ago, colin wood said:

What's the problem then? What's making it so bumpy

The base has been the issue for years, that’s why it’s been as bad as it has for so long.

Just goes to show the blading they did after the track was clearly too dangerous to ride was just yet another quick fix.

Josh the only one who knows how to ride the track. It’s always by the fence by the halfway stage.

Pretty dull meeting due to the track as well.

19 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I've been saying all season. You really can't polish a turd.. The base is the problem. It costs to much for Fraud to fix, so he keeps bodging it until he can get rid.

At the end of the day, there will be a large cost implication. Given there seems to be some uncertainty around Poole speedway, I can understand why it could potentially be viewed as a pointless investment.

In the end, though, the track needs to be safe and it clearly isn't. If getting it to a safe stage means relaying the entire track, then needs must and the money should be found.

Be that from Poole speedway or from within the association.

19 minutes ago, Bash said:

Take note Lisa even your lover agreed with most people. Take your rose tinted Poole glasses off and accept everything isn't rosy at Wimbourne Road.

Where have I said it isn't bumpy today?? Oh yeah I haven't so stop with your BS lying!