British Speedway Forum
Baldyman

Poole v Ipswich today

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just got back. Very easy win for Poole tonight. Should have been by 16 but for Klindt’s chain coming off when he was well clear. Ipswich just didn’t really threaten and but for the fact that both Kurtz and Holder had shockers it would have been a rout.

Kurtz & Holder probably outscored Iversen who didn't win a race.

Harris was all over Klindt when the chain snapped, any kind of mistake by Klindt could have seen Harris pass.

Richie Hawkins contributed more to the margin of victory than anyone other than Grajczonek.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Where have I said it isn't bumpy today?? Oh yeah I haven't so stop with your BS lying! 

Where have you said it is bumpy today like at lot of other posters. Oh you haven't, have you watched it yet?  and if so do you agree it was bumpy. You weren't even watching it when people were posting but you certainly had a lot to say. Your the BS liar by claiming it can't be bumpy as it wasn't last week!

3 minutes ago, Bash said:

Where have you said it is bumpy today like at lot of other posters. Oh you haven't, have you watched it yet?  and if so do you agree it was bumpy. You weren't even watching it when people were posting but you certainly had a lot to say. Your the BS liar by claiming it can't be bumpy as it wasn't last week!

Ha, I didn't even say that! So still lying or can't read properly. I accepted that people said it was bumpy, Cook said the track was good last week. So I was asking the question how the track can be so different within a week. Tbf  Bald Bloke answered the question, you just started making up rubbish about me saying I said it wasn't bumpy. If I said that then quote the post!! 

So you can't even answer a question aimed at you, have you watched it and what is your opinion on the track. If you can't answer as you always seem to want the last word then crawl back under your troll bridge. Whenever anything negative is said about Poole you can't accept that it is true, like when Gavan states facts he is always wrong. If you can't answer the question don't bother as I've had enough of your constant drivel about rosy Poole.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bash said:

So you can't even answer a question aimed at you, have you watched it and what is your opinion on the track. If you can't answer as you always seem to want the last word then crawl back under your troll bridge. Whenever anything negative is said about Poole you can't accept that it is true, like when Gavan states facts he is always wrong. If you can't answer the question don't bother as I've had enough of your constant drivel about rosy Poole.

Yeah it was bumpy, never said it wasn't though did I? I have never said Gavan's facts are wrong, just don't agree with his opinion that he is using them for. More lying again! Maybe copy Gavan and use facts/truth, just a thought. 

7 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think I read it in the Echo or the Poole site. If the base was smooth, so would the track be. It's simple? If the base isn't smooth, the track will never be, because the base is as hard as nails, and if you fill it with packed shale, the bikes will dig the top surface up. Not rocket science is it..

im not a track expert but i know time was spent on the first bend last wk but it was pretty much as you say packing in fresh shale,the poole guy is fully aware of the problem but has no chance with the resources and equipment available to him,understand a new wheelbarrow will be purchased for next season if a sponsor can be found lol 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sherborne Green said:

Please explain Ref decisions were poor throughout. Admit it could have been all four back for Heeps but what else? Serious question.

Heeps shouldn’t have been excluded

couple of races pulled back when riders had only punished themselves so no need

as shovlar says king then got away with a roller

don’t think niels would’ve fallen in ht15 if grajzczonek hadn’t have slammed into him - admittedly it was a tough call more a racing incident than one rider blatantly knocking another off but I feel it was the contact from josh which did enough for Niels to fall

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Flattered Poole? We were pretty dominant to be honest and a 16 point win would have been fair. Ipswich got lucky with the chain coming off.

But to be frank neither Poole or Ipswich will be challenging Swindon or Wolves this year.

If Hawkins wasn’t giving all the boys all their rides and utilised Allen and tac sub, I think Harris was getting by klindt anyway he’d lined him up and was faster, could say you got lucky in 15 with niels falling and being excluded when leading.

im not saying I thought witches were better and deserved to win but some subtle things going a bit different and it easily could’ve been 49-41 or 48-42 which I think would’ve been a fairer reflection, Poole always looking like the winners but witches keeping it close ish

• Like 2

6 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Thought you could only use riders from non Play Off teams so absolutely not.

It’s not a playoff meeting. I am talking about Lynn v Poole on Thursday.

7 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

If Hawkins wasn’t giving all the boys all their rides and utilised Allen and tac sub, I think Harris was getting by klindt anyway he’d lined him up and was faster, could say you got lucky in 15 with niels falling and being excluded when leading.

im not saying I thought witches were better and deserved to win but some subtle things going a bit different and it easily could’ve been 49-41 or 48-42 which I think would’ve been a fairer reflection, Poole always looking like the winners but witches keeping it close ish

No way Harris would have got by Klindt with Nicolai on the high and wide line. Kept him honest but no way would he have got around him and certainly not under him at that stage of the meeting. Klindt is currently our best and most consistent rider. Been excellent.

Allen was poor. One good ride. Expected better but he was over riding. Ipswich were well beaten last night regardless of no t/r. And no T/Rs allowed in the playoffs.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Sherborne Green said:

Please explain Ref decisions were poor throughout. Admit it could have been all four back for Heeps but what else? Serious question.

Lawson on a warning.:rolleyes:

6 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Yeah it was bumpy, never said it wasn't though did I? I have never said Gavan's facts are wrong, just don't agree with his opinion that he is using them for. More lying again! Maybe copy Gavan and use facts/truth, just a thought. 

Thanks for finally answering a question. You don’t agree with anyone who is negative against Poole so we will leave it at that. 

It’s about time someone put Lisa collette down. Painful reading her posts. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

Heeps shouldn’t have been excluded

couple of races pulled back when riders had only punished themselves so no need

as shovlar says king then got away with a roller

don’t think niels would’ve fallen in ht15 if grajzczonek hadn’t have slammed into him - admittedly it was a tough call more a racing incident than one rider blatantly knocking another off but I feel it was the contact from josh which did enough for Niels to fall

Looking at the Heeps exclusion - most refs would have called all 4 back but from the replay, it is hard to argue that the ref didn't get it right.  In Heat 15, in real time I thought Scrabble was to blame but on the replay, you can clearly see that PUK lifts just before the corner which I think was the main cause for the ref excluding him.  Ref did OK last night and the meeting certainly wasn't as one-sided as SS thinks (or deliberately trying to get a reaction - shock, horror) and if Ipswich are picked against Poole, it won't be a walk in the park for the Pie rats.

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Where have I said it isn't bumpy today?? Oh yeah I haven't so stop with your BS lying! 

You said you would only comment on the track when you have watched the meeting you recorded.

If you have can you confirm what 100% of all posters from Poole and others clubs have said about how bumpy it is. Acknowledged by Holder and Hawkins. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It’s not a playoff meeting. I am talking about Lynn v Poole on Thursday.

Sorry Steve, hopefully the Wolves boys will keep themselves safe for next week tho and refuse.