British Speedway Forum
Baldyman

Poole v Ipswich today

Bumpy !!! That was a bloody understatement,  dustbowl, bald shocking dangerous track for what is supposed to be a premiership meeting :rolleyes: They need it sorted for the play-offs , how anyone finds that entertaining is beyond me :nono:

1 hour ago, poole keith said:

im not a track expert but i know time was spent on the first bend last wk but it was pretty much as you say packing in fresh shale,the poole guy is fully aware of the problem but has no chance with the resources and equipment available to him,understand a new wheelbarrow will be purchased for next season if a sponsor can be found lol 

It's a shovel that's required.

• Like 1

Recorded the meeting and watched it back last night

Again my opinion is id much rather face Poole then anyone else in the play offs. Most of our boys looked on the pace without over exerting themselves on a track that was borderline dangerous

Iversen was quite content in his races to sit in second and just make sure he didnt injure himself by being thrown out of control.

I know Hawkins isnt much of a manager but he was quite right in letting the boys have all their rides as chances are we will be going back there............he certainly wouldnt have used Lawson in heat 15 if it was the play off match.

Harris looked fast but again was sort of riding within himself , had so much more speed than Klindt but to try and make a move on a track like that would have been crazy.

We are told time and again that the Poole track is fine...its clearly not.....speedway is not about riders bouncing around going into the bends and struggling to turn the bike....its about time the club was fined for a track like that an absolute disgrace and i would like to say well done to the Ipswich boys for not over riding and staying safe.

No wonder Kurtz and Holder struggle if they have to ride on that garbage every week....Holder admitted as much in his interview.

Klindt looks good because he is a gating tart, get out in front and people will be to scared to pass.

Klindt was asked if it was a rut that through his chain and his response was 'no i somehow managed to miss them all'

Have to laugh at Lisa Colette...........at times you could have a normal discussion but now she has just turned into this weird thing that has trouble communicating, its almost like she has had her account taken over by someone else...she cant honestly believe the tripe she writes these days

Happy with the performance from the guys and feel we can keep it close at Poole to around 6 points.............trouble is they ride Foxhall well as its a proper track where the riders like Kurtz and Holder can have a go without risk.

It always amazes me how the track is perfect and produces great racing every time the cameras arent there, yet when its on tv its dangerous and boring, though to be fair the Witches werent giving it 100%

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sugarray said:

It's a shovel that's required.

And they already have their own Shoveller

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just got back. Very easy win for Poole tonight. Should have been by 16 but for Klindt’s chain coming off when he was well clear. Ipswich just didn’t really threaten and but for the fact that both Kurtz and Holder had shockers it would have been a rout.

I agree with the fact that the track was bumpy on the first bend. Just don’t understand it. They sorted it out but it’s come back tonight with a vengeance. I would like to know why. The way they grade? Subsidence? All very peculiar. Needs to be sorted again though before next season.

We all thought it strange that Hawkins never used a t/r. If you are in it you need to at least try and win it, though I guess his thinking is that there are no t/Sr in the playoffs so give all riders their quota. 

Josh G certainly the rider of the night though with balls to the walls racing. Closely followed by Klindt who was excellent value. Special mention to our reserves who were much improved, ably backed up by Covatti. Our top two were poor. 

With Swindon winning tonight and getting all 4 points it looks like they will top the table. Rumour tonight was they could well pick us. Rather that than see Ipswich again next week and much closer to travel for the second leg.

Lol i guess you was watching a different meeting to everyone else if you thought that was easy...........Both Harris and Iversen carried more speed than Klindt just kept it simple and not over ride on a track that was dangerous.

Funny how you use Klindts chain as a reason for the scoreline to be different but not mention Iversen coming of when leading or Heeps being wrongly excluded................doesnt fit your agenda

So let me get this straight:

1. You think Swindon will top the table

2. That means you dont believe Poole can win at Kings Lynn

3. Kings Lynn got comfortably beaten by Swindon at home

4. If you dont believe Poole can win at Lynn then basically you are admitting Swindon are a much better side than Poole

5. In your words you should have won by 16 last night and if Holder and Kurtz were on form it would have been a rout

6. Yet you would rather face Swindon then Ipswich!!!

You do talk absolute crap

11 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Flattered Poole? We were pretty dominant to be honest and a 16 point win would have been fair. Ipswich got lucky with the chain coming off.

But to be frank neither Poole or Ipswich will be challenging Swindon or Wolves this year.

You were not dominant lol you are so blinkered its untrue

And you say that neither Poole or Ipswich will challenge Swindon so why would you rather face them in he semis?  Very strange post 

35 minutes ago, TommyTanker said:

Where is starry? Come on, everyone needs to hear your expert track analysis to why it was bumpy. Don't go all shy on us. 

No we don't!!!! :t:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Recorded the meeting and watched it back last night

Again my opinion is id much rather face Poole then anyone else in the play offs. Most of our boys looked on the pace without over exerting themselves on a track that was borderline dangerous

Iversen was quite content in his races to sit in second and just make sure he didnt injure himself by being thrown out of control.

I know Hawkins isnt much of a manager but he was quite right in letting the boys have all their rides as chances are we will be going back there............he certainly wouldnt have used Lawson in heat 15 if it was the play off match.

Harris looked fast but again was sort of riding within himself , had so much more speed than Klindt but to try and make a move on a track like that would have been crazy.

We are told time and again that the Poole track is fine...its clearly not.....speedway is not about riders bouncing around going into the bends and struggling to turn the bike....its about time the club was fined for a track like that an absolute disgrace and i would like to say well done to the Ipswich boys for not over riding and staying safe.

No wonder Kurtz and Holder struggle if they have to ride on that garbage every week....Holder admitted as much in his interview.

Klindt looks good because he is a gating tart, get out in front and people will be to scared to pass.

Klindt was asked if it was a rut that through his chain and his response was 'no i somehow managed to miss them all'

Have to laugh at Lisa Colette...........at times you could have a normal discussion but now she has just turned into this weird thing that has trouble communicating, its almost like she has had her account taken over by someone else...she cant honestly believe the tripe she writes these days

Happy with the performance from the guys and feel we can keep it close at Poole to around 6 points.............trouble is they ride Foxhall well as its a proper track where the riders like Kurtz and Holder can have a go without risk.

It always amazes me how the track is perfect and produces great racing every time the cameras arent there, yet when its on tv its dangerous and boring, though to be fair the Witches werent giving it 100%

The track is one of the reason's why Holder's average is so low if he say went to Belle Vue he would easily put  a point plus on his average.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

And they already have their own Shoveller

He is good at Shovelling s... !!!!!

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

Interesting looking at Kurtz and Holder's scores last night.

Correct me if I am wrong but is it the scores only achieved in the regular season that count for the GSA's for the following season ?? (i.e points scored in play offs do not count ??) - Believe bonus points do not count for the GSA calculation.

Knowing that a home team scores 3 points irrespective of if they win by 1 point or 30 makes me think hmmm - I wonder if our 2 young Aussies are looking at the averages (or are being guided) for team building in 2020. Brady is on 7.39 wef 1/9 so a 4 point from 4 rides last night sure helps for next season. Jack is on 7.28 so again 8 from 5 rides = 6.4 from 4 on count back so again helps on lowering his GSA.

I am probably way off the mark but when you think about it the lower your av is at this late stage when you are a rider of their calibre, the more attractive you become in team building plans for the following season ;-)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Lawson on a warning.:rolleyes:

Lawson moved. We all saw it. Ref correct with warning. In fact I don’t believe the ref made one wrong call except not pulling back the rolling King in one heat. Heeps rightly excluded, Iversen rightly excluded though at the time and from where we stand it looked like Josh had knocked him off. Replays proved otherwise.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

6 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Interesting looking at Kurtz and Holder's scores last night.

Correct me if I am wrong but is it the scores only achieved in the regular season that count for the GSA's for the following season ?? (i.e points scored in play offs do not count ??) - Believe bonus points do not count for the GSA calculation.

Knowing that a home team scores 3 points irrespective of if they win by 1 point or 30 makes me think hmmm - I wonder if our 2 young Aussies are looking at the averages (or are being guided) for team building in 2020. Brady is on 7.39 wef 1/9 so a 4 point from 4 rides last night sure helps for next season. Jack is on 7.28 so again 8 from 5 rides = 6.4 from 4 on count back so again helps on lowering his GSA.

I am probably way off the mark but when you think about it the lower your av is at this late stage when you are a rider of their calibre, the more attractive you become in team building plans for the following season ;-)

you would like to think that to be the case!