British Speedway Forum
Baldyman

Poole v Ipswich today

2 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Well we shall see, if you do get past Poole in the playoffs if we meet, don't fancy your chances against Wolverhampton 

What even with Wolves getting beaten by Peterborough tonight :lol: 

6 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

What even with Wolves getting beaten by Peterborough tonight :lol: 

An element of 'Ipswich' safe riding shall we say. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Facebook is just a platform, all the other groups use it 

Including SGB! And the group that backs the Speedway GPs. Most speedway clubs. Quite a few riders. And the BSF carries a Link to Facebook.

Edited by Guest

46 minutes ago, gustix said:

Including SGB! And the group that backs the Speedway GPs. Most speedway clubs. Quite a few riders. And the BSF carries a Link to Facebook.

Exactly, naff all to do with getting likes and stuff, well not for me anyway. 

4 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

But what IS your point exactly? Do you honestly think riders give a sh!t who owns their contract? Are you basically saying here, if Iversen was riding for Lynn in the play offs, he would be trying harder than he will for Ipswich?

Yes i think Iversen has been loyal to Kings Lynn and may well pull out a bit extra for them. 

10 hours ago, Beowulf said:

An element of 'Ipswich' safe riding shall we say. 

I don't really believe that though. Riders have both money and pride as motivators, can't see them deliberately not trying to win. 

• Like 1

Just guns for hire.  There is always another gig to go to.  Most riders don’t have a clue what the match score is but they know how many they have scored as an individual and how much they have earnt.

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I don't really believe that though. Riders have both money and pride as motivators, can't see them deliberately not trying to win. 

It's not an element of not trying to win, it's a case of not taking any unnecessary risks. Get injured in this meeting and you potentially lose 4 play-off meetings. The headline on the Wolves official site for the match report is "Wolves come through unscathed".

53 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Its not about money and pride its about coming through with no injuries and not taking risks.

Clearly obvious that some Ipswich riders like Iversen and Harris werent over riding once behind.

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Absolutely correct. Riders don’t turn up to play safe and come through unscathed. They turn up to score as many points as possible. More points - more money. All meetings are the same. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Absolutely correct. Riders don’t turn up to play safe and come through unscathed. They turn up to score as many points as possible. More points - more money. All meetings are the same. 

Yes they do....no unnecessary risks need to be taken in a nothing match......

• Like 1

I see Bomber is taking more unnecessary risks by guesting for the Stars again tomorrow - or maybe its the money on offer?

Edited by Skidder1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I see Bomber is taking more unnecessary risks by guesting for the Stars again tomorrow - or maybe its the money on offer?

How much are we paying him to have a bad one!

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

How much are we paying him to have a bad one!

I'd save your money and buy some shale for the play offs ;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So you don't think Brady and Holder were looking after their averages for next year?  I predict you will see them on top form for the play-offs :rolleyes: