Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Baldyman

Poole v Ipswich today

30 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I got too into the Ashes cricket to bother with starting a thread! 

Proper sport. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Proper sport. 

Was good, having withdrawal symptoms atm so been watching the highlights! Lol.

If we can't beat Ipswich at home then we have big problems! 

30 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Because they want 2 big pay days as Im sure you will agree poole will take a lot more fans too Swindon in semi than Ipswich.Then they guaranteed big crowd in final.

Ive said already....if Poole finish top and pick Swindon then that is the daftest thing i have ever heard

Surely you would pick your weakest opponents as that would give you 2 large crowds, one for the semi and one for the final

Poole pick Swindon and lose they have had one big crowd

Cant believe Poole would give up the chance of a title to try and earn some extra cash

What will bring in more money.....one match v Swindon or two matches v Ipswich and possibly Swindon again

There can only be 2 reasons why Poole would pick Swindon

1. They feel they can beat them

2. They are scared of being beaten by Ipswich thus only getting one crowd 

If its to do with finances then Poole speedway must be in a poor position

• Like 1

Perhaps they gonna see what happens tonight, as we can beat Swindon at home. If we lose to Ipswich surely we would pick Swindon??! 

• Haha 1

With no prize money for winning title, the only prize as such is a bigger crowd, so do you go for the money or the tin pot? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Perhaps they gonna see what happens tonight, as we can beat Swindon at home. If we lose to Ipswich surely we would pick Swindon??! 

But over 2 legs????

3 hours ago, sugarray said:

Feel for the tv boys setting up.

and girls

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

With no prize money for winning title, the only prize as such is a bigger crowd, so do you go for the money or the tin pot? 

I am with you Baldy for me all four teams have a shout so the semi will not be easy whoever it is.For what it is worth Poole are the side i would choose (ie) because we can beat them also hasarding a guess i recon we would get at least 3/400 more fans in for the semi if it is Poole that is the theory anyway.

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

I think if????? Swindon finish top we would pick Poole.?

Wow a like-minded Swindon supporter?!  I got taken to task at even suggesting such a thing!!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Ive said already....if Poole finish top and pick Swindon then that is the daftest thing i have ever heard

Surely you would pick your weakest opponents as that would give you 2 large crowds, one for the semi and one for the final

Cant believe Poole would give up the chance of a title to try and earn some extra cash

What will bring in more money.....one match v Swindon or two matches v Ipswich and possibly Swindon again

Once again Gavan misses the point. The statement was about Swindon finishing top and picking Poole, not the other way around.

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Once again Gavan misses the point. The statement was about Swindon finishing top and picking Poole, not the other way around.

Yep and ive said in response on this thread that if either side didnt pick Ipswich it makes no sense.

Please tell me how only having one match (say a semi final Poole v Swindon) is financially better than having a semi final and final (Poole v Ipswich then Poole v Swindon/Wolves....or Swindon v Ipswich then Swindon v Poole/Wolves?)

I think Swindon would beat Poole over 2 legs but surely Swindon fancy there chances of beating Ipswich over 2 legs more than they do facing Poole

I hope whoever finishes top out of Swindon or Poole do pick each other then it would serve them right if they got beat..........Poole to finish top and have one match v Swindon , or pick Ipswich and have 2 matches

If my team finished top and Kings Lynn were the strong in form team in the play offs then there is no way id want them in the semis, local rivals or not.

Sorry but ive no idea why Poole or Swindon would pick each other

54 minutes ago, Gavan said:

No didnt mean Poole been told Swindon will pick Poole if they finish top.

• Like 1

Don't worry Wolfie. Head and Brick wall always come to mind when Gavan is commenting on Poole (When isn't he?).

I fully understand where you and CVS are coming from.

• Haha 1