British Speedway Forum
Baldyman

Poole v Ipswich today

9 hours ago, Beowulf said:

It's not an element of not trying to win, it's a case of not taking any unnecessary risks. Get injured in this meeting and you potentially lose 4 play-off meetings. The headline on the Wolves official site for the match report is "Wolves come through unscathed".

I get that point but an injury can happen at any point and not even be your fault of course. Do they all not try early season because it may jeopardise the rest of the year? Mid-season? As a rider I think you should always avoid unnecessary risk. 

9 hours ago, Gavan said:

Its not about money and pride its about coming through with no injuries and not taking risks.

Clearly obvious that some Ipswich riders like Iversen and Harris werent over riding once behind.

You weren't watching how close Klindt and Harris were then 

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

How much are we paying him to have a bad one!

A contract next season 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2019 at 6:44 PM, Arch Stanton said:

Is Facebook still a thing? The social media thing where people post what they had for tea?

Always struck me as a platform for needy insecure people who are desperate for “likes” and compliments. It’s a pass from me. 

Maybe im just a grumpy old fart these days..

I am neither needy nor insecure and don't post what I had for tea so your perception is wrong for the majority of people.  :) Love Facebook  and a lot of the groups are great ~ umpteen Speedway ones, Border Collies, German Shepherds etc. It's also a good way to keep in touch with relatives and friends who live miles away so you rarely see them. 

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:51 AM, Gavan said:

Its not about money and pride its about coming through with no injuries and not taking risks.

Clearly obvious that some Ipswich riders like Iversen and Harris werent over riding once behind.

They will need to over ride on Thursday!

9 minutes ago, Gemini said:

I am neither needy nor insecure and don't post what I had for tea so your perception is wrong for the majority of people.  :) Love Facebook  and a lot of the groups are great ~ umpteen Speedway ones, Border Collies, German Shepherds etc. It's also a good way to keep in touch with relatives and friends who live miles away so you rarely see them. 

I just saw your post, and I just had to comment; you are 100% correct. I live in the US, and my only way of keeping in touch with family, friends (including many from speedway), my old work colleagues etc, is via Facebook. It is also a valuable tool as far as my work is concerned. Facebook is what YOU want it to be, and what you ALLOW it to be. We are not all insecure and socially inept as many seem to feel...

Steve

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gemini said:

And good for you, enjoy :)

• Like 1