British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
daveallan81

1947 Queries

Just now, daveallan81 said:

As I noted in the original post - 29/10 (Cubs NOT Heathens!) v Hanley (staged at Tamworth) :D

Sorry, you were too fast for me. I did delete my second paragraph when I realised what you'd written before!

12 minutes ago, BL65 said:

The Cradley Hearth v Wombwell match in the Midlands v South Cup never appeared in the fixture list and as late as 13th September it was noted in the Cradley Heath programme as 'still to be arranged'.  Cradley Heath ran out of dates, with the first home fixture not having been staged until 21st June and the last two 'home' meetings being held at Birmingham and Hanley.

Thanks for that.

I've just spotted another strange 'un - 18th June Tamworth 49 - 35 Wombwell appears to have been staged over 14 heats whereas the rest are over 16. Any further info on that one?

Just now, norbold said:

Sorry, you were too fast for me. I did delete my second paragraph when I realised what you'd written before!

No worries. It's sorted and confirmed so that's what counts :t:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, daveallan81 said:

Thanks for that.

I've just spotted another strange 'un - 18th June Tamworth 49 - 35 Wombwell appears to have been staged over 14 heats whereas the rest are over 16. Any further info on that one?

I meant to say Cradley Heath rode their last two homes at Birmingham and Tamworth (not Hanley).  The Tamworth v Wombwell match was raced over 14 heats, apparently in error, as it should have complied with the tournament format of 16 heats.  Speedway World confirmed it was a 14 heat match.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, daveallan81 said:

According to available sources that match was Cradley v Hanley.

Do you think it's worth writing to the editor of Stenner's and tell him he's made a mistake!? :D

• Haha 2