British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Call me wolfie

Peterborough v Wolves 17.9.19

The first 20 years are the worst Baggy :t:

Followed of course by a Hollywood production wedding at some point. Best start saving now and forget Speedway ;)  Then of course there’s the down payment on the house.

Welcome to the Bank of Mum n Dad

Edited by semion
  • Haha 1

Well done to the Panthers for finishing off their 2019 programme with a win. A nothing meeting for Wolves either way.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wealdstone said:

If the suggestions made on the now defunct ( hope temporary) Rigsby  site are true I suspect tonight will be the last time many will see Speedway at EOES.  For some it is possible  it is the last time they will see live Speedway of any description.  

To clarify I do not suggest there will be no Speedway at Peterborough  next year but that it may not be at a level to suit all. Some if true will inevitably  walk away from Panthers and some are fed up with Speedway full stop.  Some notable absentees tonight ,although nice to see Neil Watson and the Rathbones

I see wording on Rigsby site now  re phrased

Edited by wealdstone

Only just got used to clicking on Premiership on here now it sounds like may have to learn to click NL.  ???? 

7 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

To clarify I do not suggest there will be no Speedway at Peterborough  next year but that it may not be at a level to suit all. Some if true will inevitably  walk away from Panthers and some are fed up with Speedway full stop.  Some notable absentees tonight ,although nice to see Neil Watson and the Rathbones

Thank you, it was good to see you too. We were heartened by the number of fans that went out of their way to speak to us all.

6 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Thank you, it was good to see you too. We were heartened by the number of fans that went out of their way to speak to us all.

Probably to beg to take us back!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Only just got used to clicking on Premiership on here now it sounds like may have to learn to click NL.  ???? 

Why?

29 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Can't see it 

Well I enjoyed the meeting tonight. 

Quite surprised there was no grading during the meeting.

• Like 1

Just returned home from another trip to EOS I sincerely hope you stay in top league next year.Great stadium and viewing and a track as good as any even the much heralded NSS.All the best for next season.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Without all the injuries, missed flight s, broken vans, Peterborough could have finished much closer to the other teams. Well done on your win last night. 

11 hours ago, wealdstone said:

To clarify I do not suggest there will be no Speedway at Peterborough  next year but that it may not be at a level to suit all

10 hours ago, Lukas said:

Why?

See Above

10 hours ago, Flappy said:

Can't see it 

I cant see it but nothing can be ruled out until official word is known.

41 minutes ago, johnyson66 said:

Odd decision to put Tungate in the heat 15 instead of Wright?  

Wrighty when interviewed after the meeting explained it was to try to stay injury free for his big moment at Cardiff on Saturday - he explained how stressful and difficult that has been since he won the BC and qualified for it.