British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Call me wolfie

Peterborough v Wolves 17.9.19

1 hour ago, maneacat said:

Wrighty when interviewed after the meeting explained it was to try to stay injury free for his big moment at Cardiff on Saturday - he explained how stressful and difficult that has been since he won the BC and qualified for it.   

Fair comment, and with his recent luck probably a wise move 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

See Above

I cant see it but nothing can be ruled out until official word is known.

So we should be worried because someone called Wealdstone from the forum is making cryptic comments?...even though it's been already stated otherwise by Johnson and Chapman.

Edited by Lukas
  • Confused 1

Do not know too much about the meeting last night. But well done to Peterborough for the win.

9 hours ago, Lukas said:

So we should be worried because someone called Wealdstone from the forum is making cryptic comments?...even though it's been already stated otherwise by Johnson and Chapman.

Never said there would be no Speedway. Info  (now slightly modified) came from comments  on a site now closed down. Related to the level at which Panthers would be racing

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lukas said:

Have those two said exactly what league the Panthers will run in yet. 

Would of thought that after all the goings on this year that nothing will be actually confirmed until the first meeting of next season.

• Like 1

Johnson stated in the Speedway Star last week or the week before that they all wanted to 'stay in the Premiership'!!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Johnson stated in the Speedway Star last week or the week before that they all wanted to 'stay in the Premiership'!!

Paper never refuses ink. Chapman already made his and the club's position clear in August so unless something is confirmed externally and officially around that then I wouldn't take too much note of anything else.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Never said there would be no Speedway. Info  (now slightly modified) came from comments  on a site now closed down. Related to the level at which Panthers would be racing

Hopefully not closed down Rodders but just resting like the Norwegian Blue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Have those two said exactly what league the Panthers will run in yet. 

Would of thought that after all the goings on this year that nothing will be actually confirmed until the first meeting of next season.

"Now it’s all about planning for the future. The first thing to decide is which league we’ll be in and I think that will be the top one again.

“Once that’s certain we can really press on with putting together the team for 2020.”

C.Johnson in this week's E.T

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lukas said:

"Now it’s all about planning for the future. The first thing to decide is which league we’ll be in and I think that will be the top one again.

“Once that’s certain we can really press on with putting together the team for 2020.”

I missed that. Sounds quite positive. Without having any idea he would have stopped at "which league" so fingers crossed :t:

10 hours ago, Debbs said:

Take that Wolves. Well done Buster

Nothing to take, makes zero difference to our season. Happy for the Panthers fans to end their poor season on a high.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lukas said:

If this season (and last winter close season) has taught us anything - it’s don’t take anything said by anyone (including Club Promoters) for granted.   During 2019 on Press and Practice Day morning I would have thought we felt confident with our team line-up for the season despite the previous Harris mullarkey and look how that turned out!!!!      So in 2020 if we survive I shall not get excited until I hear Edwin confirm our line up for the first home meeting.   No point in wasting precious time and getting hopes up just to have them dashed again. 

5 hours ago, Crump99 said:

I missed that. Sounds quite positive. Without having any idea he would have stopped at "which league" so fingers crossed :t:

Not phrased in such a positive way in todays Speedway Star.