British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
auntie doris

Swindon v Belle Vue Premiership Cup Final 2nd. Leg

26 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Your time will come Phil, and when it does it will all the sweeter so keep the faith.!!!! I was so surprised with the track last night so unpredictable bumpy with no dirt on it Batch rode his nuts off in won race and then ended turning himself inside out on bend two.Swindon will have to raise there game 20 per cent to contend with Wolves over two legs they are capable fingers crossed.

Hopefully mate. 35 years old and I've seen 2 trophys. 3 if u count 1993 but I was only 9 do dont remember that. 

16 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Hopefully mate. 35 years old and I've seen 2 trophys. 3 if u count 1993 but I was only 9 do dont remember that. 

I've been going 37 years and last night was the first time I've ever seen us win a trophy live!! Missed the away matches at Poole and Wolves when we won the league. Hopefully I'm on a roll going into the play offs!

Really can't fathom out why the track was that poor last night? It has been excellent lately but to see the likes of Doyle Batchelor Fricke etc struggle to pass was frustrating...yes great to win a cup but I'm more bothered about the lack of racing lines which I hope reappear for the semi final as relying on gating against Wolves could be our only chance

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Well done to the Robins. Isn't it a great feeling winning on a track with one or two bumps on it?!;)

The art i suppose is recognising you have a problem with the track and addressing the problem.As SHOCKER says we need that track better than what is was last night to have any chance of beating Wolves we have racers in our team who need a good strip to ride on.

• Like 2

Must have been at least 2000 there..biggest crowd this season. Good to see attendances are up.

Vue must have fancied their chances..2 up overall at interval..then the Robins ran riot. Great to hear the Tangerine Arena roar.

Edited by auntie doris

15 hours ago, Rob B said:

Hate to say I told you so. 

I know. 2019 season = disaster for Belle Vue Aces. No need for anything daft to happen though.

Not so good for the Aces,but the Colts going great .In the cup final and in the play offs so the future is looking good.The National League has been great value this year.Jordan Palin was quicker in the cup semi v Cradley than any rider in the Aces v Swindon match so these National league lads are fast round the NSS.

1 hour ago, craigACE said:

I know. 2019 season = disaster for Belle Vue Aces. No need for anything daft to happen though.

Hardly a disaster when you have made a Cup final.

Its a disgrace that this final has been run.... the Wolves vs. P'boro (PSC) qualifier is now scheduled for Sunday 13th October...... 

Name that sport???

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Not a great meeting by recent standards, but it was a great night a healthy crowd and the place was buzzing.The track looked very slick and there were a few bumps here and there but the Robins found a way to win on aggregate in the end.Now we have one egg cup in the cupboard, the play/ offs await us one thing that did worry me a little was the Tobi/ Rasser partnership looking at there scores they looked solid but early on they looked vulnerable.Jensen although not at his best again battled hard and he is so exciting to watch capable of regular passes the crowd had to be between 1,6/900.???? how many do people think.?

Looked a couple of thousand Sid.

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Hardly a disaster when you have made a Cup final.

Sorry Steve but as a fan it seems like a disaster, making a Mickey Mouse cup final is no consolation. I disappointed and fed up. Missing out on top 4 is a serious disaster and will cost the club a lot of cash. 

The problem we have at BV is the management are weak and clueless, they have no drive and don’t seem to care, slow to react and change things when needed and they accept failure far too easily. There attitude is fans should think themselves lucky BV are running. That’s not good enough. They are too blame and should now be sacked and replaced. Take a leaf out of Poole Wolves Robins etc book! 

2 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

Sorry Steve but as a fan it seems like a disaster, making a Mickey Mouse cup final is no consolation. I disappointed and fed up. Missing out on top 4 is a serious disaster and will cost the club a lot of cash. 

The problem we have at BV is the management are weak and clueless, they have no drive and don’t seem to care, slow to react and change things when needed and they accept failure far too easily. There attitude is fans should think themselves lucky BV are running. That’s not good enough. They are too blame and should now be sacked and replaced. Take a leaf out of Poole Wolves Robins etc book! 

Fair enough. I grant you it isn’t a KO Cup type final and it’s good to see the the Aces fans have much higher expectations these days given how bottom place was common place at Kirky.

A facility like the NSS needs a team capable of challenging for honours too.

Great to see Robins win on BBC West news, and front page of Adver.

19 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Must have been at least 2000 there..biggest crowd this season. Good to see attendances are up.

Vue must have fancied their chances..2 up overall at interval..then the Robins ran riot. Great to hear the Tangerine Arena roar.

I don't like those Tangerine colours Doris must prefer the traditional red.

17 hours ago, colin wood said:

Not so good for the Aces,but the Colts going great .In the cup final and in the play offs so the future is looking good.The National League has been great value this year.Jordan Palin was quicker in the cup semi v Cradley than any rider in the Aces v Swindon match so these National league lads are fast round the NSS.

Palin and Gilks are two riders that i believe have great future's in the sport .Palin for me style wise is very impressive he comes across as a real nice down to earth lad he will be a future Ace in my opinion.