British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
auntie doris

Swindon v Belle Vue Premiership Cup Final 2nd. Leg

46 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

Well done Robins. Well we lost out again but who really cares about this MMC event anyway when some teams couldn’t be bothered to compete and lots of fans had little or no interest.  Why? Because it had no credibility. Really needs a rethink for next season!

I quite enjoyed the competition regardless of the outcome. The Twitter element is good fun and has led to a few amusing moments. The competition does favour top heavy sides though. Good luck for next season as I've a lot of time for BV. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Speedtiger said:

Well done Robins. Well we lost out again but who really cares about this MMC event anyway when some teams couldn’t be bothered to compete and lots of fans had little or no interest.  Why? Because it had no credibility. Really needs a rethink for next season!

Lots of fans there tonight..quite a few from north west...great reception at end for both teams from hundreds who stayed on.

Edited by auntie doris

39 minutes ago, craigACE said:

Rubbish

Hate to say I told you so. 

Poor meeting tonight on a dusty track. A big pre Cardiff crowd must have swelled the coffers for the tangerine dream team.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Went as a neutral for my first trip to Swindon since 2014 tonight. Gutted for Belle Vue fans who must have had a right frustrating season watching that team, how inconsistent can a team be?! I hope their British riders find consistent form again next season after injury free seasons for Bewley and Worrall, that was a massive ride for Worrall to beat Doyle. 

As for Swindon, I can't wait to see them at Wolves in the play offs, that should be a tasty match up! Had their gating boots on tonight. 

Not the best racing I have to say but glad I went, a very healthy crowd indeed and a masterstroke to put the meeting on at the start of Cardiff weekend. When you get a crowd and occasion like that on a warm evening too, it reminds you speedway is still alive and well on its day! How I miss my regular fix at Brandon. 

• Like 1

Not a great meeting by recent standards, but it was a great night a healthy crowd and the place was buzzing.The track looked very slick and there were a few bumps here and there but the Robins found a way to win on aggregate in the end.Now we have one egg cup in the cupboard, the play/ offs await us one thing that did worry me a little was the Tobi/ Rasser partnership looking at there scores they looked solid but early on they looked vulnerable.Jensen although not at his best again battled hard and he is so exciting to watch capable of regular passes the crowd had to be between 1,6/900.???? how many do people think.?

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

Best crowd I've seen there for quite some time not the best racing but a good meeting due to the atmosphere. Just shows a big crowd helps massively

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Not a great meeting by recent standards, but it was a great night a healthy crowd and the place was buzzing.The track looked very slick and there were a few bumps here and there but the Robins found a way to win on aggregate in the end.Now we have one egg cup in the cupboard, the play/ offs await us one thing that did worry me a little was the Tobi/ Rasser partnership looking at there scores they looked solid but early on they looked vulnerable.Jensen although not at his best again battled hard and he is so exciting to watch capable of regular passes the crowd had to be between 1,6/900.???? how many do people think.?

More than that. Closer to 2.5. Back straight had plenty and the most I’ve this season, and when I nipped round for the trophy presentation the home straight had plenty of bodies too. 

TR also commented in his programme notes that this season average attendances were higher than last year, and he was pleased with that.

With one, hopefully two, decent attendances to come against Wolves and then Ipswich in the final the management will be happy with the way things have gone.

I think overall we’ve seen excellent racing, although last night was below par it has to be said, a winners trophy and semi-final of the PO is a decent season regardless of how it ends.

Edited by theblueboy
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Poor meeting tonight on a dusty track. A big pre Cardiff crowd must have swelled the coffers for the tangerine dream team.

Were you there?  There was no dust until about heat 13. Belle Vue battled well but the Robins are strong from heat 10 onwards & often rattle up big scores from 10 onwards to win meetings.

Now to keep it close up at Monmore.

• Like 2

Well Last night..... what's more disappointing is that we was actually in the meeting at the half way stage. Then we capitulated. I had to walk half way through heat 14. To angry and couldn't see them celebrate. We had gate 1, (9 times) in the 15 races and gate 1 was horrific. Not 1 win all night. Might aswell have not shown up at the tapes if you was on that.

I think we had it in the last 4 races aswell which explains a bit of the capitulation. I was impressed with jye again. Deffo improved so should be at reserve next year.

The track was poor sorry to say last night. Riders all over the shop (mainly ours)

There just diddnt seem to be any team spirit. When our riders won a race. No acknowledgement, no celebration no nothing. You watch the Swindon lads and they just loved it. They wanted to be there. We diddnt.

So season over on a whimper. AGAIN. year after year same thing.

I still love this club though and support them through the tough times. But its wearing very thin now

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, robins les said:

Were you there?  There was no dust until about heat 13. Belle Vue battled well but the Robins are strong from heat 10 onwards & often rattle up big scores from 10 onwards to win meetings.

Now to keep it close up at Monmore.

Yes i was. It was my second visit to the newly shaped Abbey track, and both times it hasn't produced much decent racing. Prehaps my expectations were too high to start with.

27 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Well Last night..... what's more disappointing is that we was actually in the meeting at the half way stage. Then we capitulated. I had to walk half way through heat 14. To angry and couldn't see them celebrate. We had gate 1, (9 times) in the 15 races and gate 1 was horrific. Not 1 win all night. Might aswell have not shown up at the tapes if you was on that.

I think we had it in the last 4 races aswell which explains a bit of the capitulation. I was impressed with jye again. Deffo improved so should be at reserve next year.

The track was poor sorry to say last night. Riders all over the shop (mainly ours)

There just diddnt seem to be any team spirit. When our riders won a race. No acknowledgement, no celebration no nothing. You watch the Swindon lads and they just loved it. They wanted to be there. We diddnt.

I still love this club though and support them through the tough times. But its wearing very thin now

Belle Vue chose the gate positions. Swindon won the toss but went for heat 15.

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Your time will come Phil, and when it does it will all the sweeter so keep the faith.!!!! I was so surprised with the track last night so unpredictable bumpy with no dirt on it Batch rode his nuts off in one race and then ended turning himself inside out on bend two.Swindon will have to raise there game 20 per cent to contend with Wolves over two legs they are capable fingers crossed.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Belle Vue chose the gate positions. Swindon won the toss but went for heat 15.

Yeah. That's even more baffling. We picked 2&4 so knew gate 1 was bad. So surely we see if we pick 2&4 we will have gate 1 more. So should have picked gate 1&3 in heat 1. 

Do they not do forward thinking in speedway

Well done to the Robins. Isn't it a great feeling winning on a track with one or two bumps on it?!;)

• Haha 1