British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole. Prem 19/9/19

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

We have been assured that Porsing will / has improved and is a new rider this time around. Same with Andersen. Seen none of that yet.

Nick got a good point on Monday but he's definitely not ridden how he can at Lynn ....

Harris guesting swings it Lynns way completely. But it’s fair enough. Swindon got the luck this time around with Proctor.

Be interesting to see if they do chose us or Ipswich.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Shovy who would prefer to face in the Semi ?  Which, if either, gives you the best chance of reaching the final ?

The way it looks from the outside is that both Wolves and Swindon would take you to the cleaners over two legs

13 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I'm in two minds, I kinda wanna see who Swindon would pick! 

You moving out of your armchair for this one?

Just hope Paul get smashed, lose the Semi, season over, then no more boring Paul threads, happy days.

15 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Harris guesting swings it Lynns way completely. But it’s fair enough. Swindon got the luck this time around with Proctor.

Be interesting to see if they do chose us or Ipswich.

Laughable....do you actually know anything about speedway?

Palm Toft at home v Poole has scored 9+1(4)....and 12+1(7)

Harris at Lynn has had 1 good meeting 14+1 (5).........in the others he has scored 4(4) and 3(3)..........

How do you deduce your information.........

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Just hope Paul get smashed, lose the Semi, season over, then no more boring Paul threads, happy days.

Yeah right. The Poole 2020 thread will just get started. Normally DC has started it by now! Maybe he's not feeling well :unsure:

6 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Harris at Lynn has had 1 good meeting 14+1 (5).........in the others he has scored 4(4) and 3(3)..........

Do guest appearances count in the calculation of GSA. ??. If it doesn't then it could be anyone's guess which Chris will turn up Thursday. Ironic if it is the first type of score rather than the latter one's ;-)

Of course if they did then Chris will be very well aware his current GSA sits at a VERY attractive 6.16 on the last sheets and that makes his an attractive draw for any team building for 2020. Remember his starting 2019 was 7.59 which was the only reason Ford could not accommodate him for 2019. Had it been 6.19 I think he would have snapped him up.

A number of Poole supporters and Ford himself I believe always said he planned well in advance for his team for the following season. Could it be that discussions may even have taken place with Harris re a possible team slot on that attractive 6.16 GSA ?? Based on also the fact that play offs do not count in GSA calculation.

Much as Chris is a VERY up and down rider, he rides Poole well and I think his GSA would go up if he rejoined them in 2020. His better home form would drag up his GSA imo.

Wherever Bomber rides in 2020, don't forget Somerset who may well be back in whatever the top league is?

18 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Do guest appearances count in the calculation of GSA. ??. If it doesn't then it could be anyone's guess which Chris will turn up Thursday. Ironic if it is the first type of score rather than the latter one's ;-)

Of course if they did then Chris will be very well aware his current GSA sits at a VERY attractive 6.16 on the last sheets and that makes his an attractive draw for any team building for 2020. Remember his starting 2019 was 7.59 which was the only reason Ford could not accommodate him for 2019. Had it been 6.19 I think he would have snapped him up.

A number of Poole supporters and Ford himself I believe always said he planned well in advance for his team for the following season. Could it be that discussions may even have taken place with Harris re a possible team slot on that attractive 6.16 GSA ?? Based on also the fact that play offs do not count in GSA calculation.

Much as Chris is a VERY up and down rider, he rides Poole well and I think his GSA would go up if he rejoined them in 2020. His better home form would drag up his GSA imo.

Guest appearances don't count towards the averages.

2 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

We have been assured that Porsing will / has improved and is a new rider this time around. Same with Andersen. Seen none of that yet.

Andersen is young and has time on his side.I saw some improvement in him this season probably not so at Lynn but elsewhere he has done.And after he signed for Redcar i think there has been a further improvement going by his scores anyway.

But Porsing has had a few more years under his belt,but he seems to be going the other way.

1 hour ago, semion said:

Shovy who would prefer to face in the Semi ?  Which, if either, gives you the best chance of reaching the final ?

The way it looks from the outside is that both Wolves and Swindon would take you to the cleaners over two legs

Yes it would be a remarkable achievement if we were to retain the title this season. Certainly massive underdogs against those two teams. We should see off Ipswich but that’s about it.

Every speedway fan bar the other teams fans would be cheering us on to a shock win as we are the underdogs this season.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes it would be a remarkable achievement if we were to retain the title this season. Certainly massive underdogs against those two teams. We should see off Ipswich but that’s about it.

Every speedway fan bar the other teams fans would be cheering us on to a shock win as we are the underdogs this season.

Swindon fans will definitely be cheering you on if you are against Wolves in the semi!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Harris is a far better rider than Proctor and in better form, how is that not a bonus to Swindon? Steve was comparing the guests we all know MPT and TJ is a loss to KL.

Edited by foreverblue

12 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Harris is a far better rider than Proctor and in better form, how is that not a bonus to Swindon? Steve was comparing the guests we all know MPT and TJ is a loss to KL.

He’s not worthy of a response. He posts knowing exactly what you have just said. He can’t help himself. He has to respond regardless!