British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole. Prem 19/9/19

26 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Poole fans up in arms that Porsing isnt riding lol.................the same Poole fans who didnt like other fans accusing them when Wells went missing for Poole ...whilst banging in a maximum for Edinburgh

I feel for Poole in this match everything has gone against them.......

No MPT makes Lynn much stronger

R/R for Jorgensen makes Lynn much stronger

Chris Harris will probably get an 18 point maximum

No Porsing and Lynn have brought in a reserve likely to score double figures...

Come on neutral fans we need to have a heart here and get the message out there.............#prayforpoole

He didn't bang in a max while riding for Poole he had a week off not riding for treatment then banged in a max then got a decent score at Poole. As I have said not having MPT or TJ makes them weaker but they are stronger with Harris over Proctor. If Harris had ridden against Swindon the result could have been different as Kings Lynn were level 2/3rds through the meeting, the chances are they would have been ahead at that point with Harris.

14 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He didn't bang in a max while riding for Poole he had a week off not riding for treatment then banged in a max then got a decent score at Poole. As I have said not having MPT or TJ makes them weaker but they are stronger with Harris over Proctor. If Harris had ridden against Swindon the result could have been different as Kings Lynn were level 2/3rds through the meeting, the chances are they would have been ahead at that point with Harris.

Typical Gavan, if Poole do it then it's cheating, if KL do it then it's fine! 

54 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Seems odd that he has packed it in with one meeting left but by bringing in a guest who has never ridden the track and is unlikely to trouble the scorers I can’t see that Lynn are trying to gain an advantage. Why not Lambert or Ostergaard orsomebody who could beat the Poole reserves if it was planned? 

Maybe they already have family plans?? Isn't much notice tbf ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Maybe they already have family plans?? Isn't much notice tbf ;)

Already committed to watching the Europa League I reckon. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Buster could of said Lambo had jarred his neck last week, but he didn't, so Lynn had Chaz Wirtfield, who scored 0,0,0 . Not knocking him at all btw. He turned up and did his best.

While Poole had Douglas for  Wells, who injury is proving to be hit and miss:unsure:. Douglas notched up 2,2,3,1.;)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Doesnt that tell you something Lisa.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Buster could of said Lambo had jarred his neck last week, but he didn't, so Lynn had Chaz Wirtfield, who scored 0,0,0 . Not knocking him at all btw. He turned up and did his best.

While Poole had Douglas for  Wells, who injury is proving to be hit and miss:unsure:. Douglas notched up 2,2,3,1.;)

Considering we won 58-32 can't imagine Lambert would have made any difference to the result anyway, maybe closer but result would have been the same.

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Considering we won 58-32 can't imagine Lambert would have made any difference to the result anyway, maybe closer but result would have been the same.

Not the point though.  No one knew how close the score would of been before the meeting.

Buster did you a favour.. Chaz for Lambo   v Poole …… Ty for MPT v Swindon.  

Edited by Bald Bloke

5 hours ago, Gavan said:

Since 2003

16 years of Play offs..... the team finishing top has won 11 of those titles........Poole if top will be favourites as history tells us...........

Out of the 5 seasons the team that top hasnt won it............2005 Poole didnt make the play offs.......2009 Poole didnt make the play offs

That leaves 3 seasons...........2010 Poole topped the league.....failed to win........2012 Poole topped the league....failed to win...............Poole won it in 2013 after not being top.

So 68% of the time the team that tops the league wins it.

Yet out of the 5 times (and lets not forget Poole werent in 2 of them) Poole have 2 times out of 3 finished top and choked.

So Poole if finishing top have history on their side.......but the good news is that they are the most likely to choke and fail

Conveniently forgetting the other 6 times Poole have finished top....And WON the play offs!!:nono:

• Like 2

Why are Poole fans suggesting Harris is in for Proctor ?  It’s Palm Toft that Harris is in for.  For me if Harris is on song it’s a like for like deal  if he isn’t then it’s a poor replacement.

Facts are if Poole are good enough they will turn Lynn over, if they ain’t good enough they won’t.

Edited by semion

5 hours ago, tellboy said:

Did he get a point?Not in my program,he got 3 lasts:blink:

You're right, I remembered thinking he was close in one of the heats and 'nearly' got a point lol

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbf I posted this before it said he 'quit'. Though this is all weird. Why quit with one ot two meetings left with nothing riding for KL on either meeting. I thought maybe it was to help Ippo to get a certain team in the playoffs but not sure how they could help either. All a bit strange! 

If you'd seen him sitting in the pits totally dejected you'd understand why he's quit .....

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Not the point though.  No one knew how close the score would of been before the meeting.

Buster did you a favour.. Chaz for Lambo   v Poole …… Ty for MPT v Swindon.  

Yeah i think we did know Poole would have won Lambert or not and Ty at Poole would hardly have scored any more than Chaz

1 hour ago, semion said:

Why are Poole fans suggesting Harris is in for Proctor ?  It’s Palm Toft that Harris is in for.  For me if Harris is on song it’s a like for like deal  if he isn’t then it’s a poor replacement.

Facts are if Poole are good enough they will turn Lynn over, if they ain’t good enough they won’t.

I am not saying Harris is in for Ty but Ty guested for Swindon so in fairness should be guesting again. But I expect we will win against the odds!! 

Edited by foreverblue
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Trees said:

If you'd seen him sitting in the pits totally dejected you'd understand why he's quit .....

He might of been dejected, so was I watching him score nothing again.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3