British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole. Prem 19/9/19

29 minutes ago, Trees said:

If you'd seen him sitting in the pits totally dejected you'd understand why he's quit .....

Okay, fair enough. Just seems a bit odd when there's only 1 or 2 meetings left. But maybe he has reached his breaking point. 

35 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I am not saying Harris is in for Ty but Ty guested for Swindon so in fairness should be guesting again. But I expect we will win against the odds!! 

8 day rule.

34 minutes ago, mrss said:

He might of been dejected, so was I watching him score nothing again.

I'm not happy with Porsing's performances but in fairness to him that is his first scoreless meeting:rolleyes:.During the meeting me and a friend wondered how many points he had scored for Lynn in his short stint.We both went for around 5 pts,couldn't believe he had scored 16.Still very poor considering.This is by far his worst stint for Lynn.

45 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

8 day rule.

Does that apply to the home team and they could have got a far better guest than for the Swindon meeting 

Edited by foreverblue

Just now, foreverblue said:

Does that apply to the home team 

Yes, except at No 1

12 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Does that apply to the home team and they could have got a far better guest than for the Swindon meeting 

Probably only Bewley or Wright and that all depends if they wanted it.

9 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Probably only Bewley or Wright and that all depends if they wanted it.

Ty has a 5.01 Kings Lynn had up to 6.71 to play with there must be plenty of riders above Ty to choose from.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

I am not saying Harris is in for Ty but Ty guested for Swindon so in fairness should be guesting again. But I expect we will win against the odds!! 

So your logic is as Lynn used one sub standard guest ( as in didn’t score anything like the man he replaced)  then they should repeat the exercise in the next meeting. 

So if you had an electrician into to do a job in your house and he made a pigs ear of it you would get the self same sparky in to do another job for you ?  What kind of numbnut would do that ?

I won’t want  anyone answering ‘ A Poole fan ‘:D

Forever you expect you will win, I’m sure you won’t.

Edited by semion

45 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Ty has a 5.01 Kings Lynn had up to 6.71 to play with there must be plenty of riders above Ty to choose from.

Peterborough,Wolves and Belle Vue weren't riding.So Worrall,Bewley,Wright,Tungate,Andersen,Nicholls,Morris,Becker and Howarth.

Out of that lot i would probably have gone for Bewley,Wright or Nicholls.So imo not plenty.And as i said earlier do we know they wanted to.The only rider that never seems to turn bookings down is Harris.

24 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Peterborough,Wolves and Belle Vue weren't riding.So Worrall,Bewley,Wright,Tungate,Andersen,Nicholls,Morris,Becker and Howarth.

Out of that lot i would probably have gone for Bewley,Wright or Nicholls.So imo not plenty.And as i said earlier do we know they wanted to.The only rider that never seems to turn bookings down is Harris.

Still seems quite a few before you get to Proctor 

32 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Poole fans whinging that Lynn used Ty for Tofty against Swindon, but Harris against Poole. Bit of a joke if you ask me.

I didn't see any Poole fans moaning last week, when Buster was honest about Lambert unlike BV, he could of said he aggravated his neck injury. But he used a NL rider, while Wells intermittent shoulder injury played up, and replacement scored  a handy 8+1 from 4.

Get over it..

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, semion said:

So your logic is as Lynn used one sub standard guest ( as in didn’t score anything like the man he replaced)  then they should repeat the exercise in the next meeting. 

So if you had an electrician into to do a job in your house and he made a pigs ear of it you would get the self same sparky in to do another job for you ?  What kind of numbnut would do that ?

I won’t want  anyone answering ‘ A Poole fan ‘:D

Forever you expect you will win, I’m sure you won’t.

Yes but you wouldn't employ the first electrician because you knew by past performances and reviews he would do a crap job, just asking for trouble! 

19 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Poole fans whinging that Lynn used Ty for Tofty against Swindon, but Harris against Poole. Bit of a joke if you ask me.

I didn't see any Poole fans moaning last week, when Buster was honest about Lambert unlike BV, he could of said he aggravated his neck injury. But he used a NL rider, while Wells intermittent shoulder injury played up, and replacement scored  a handy 8+1 from 4.

Get over it..

Short memories! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Short memories! 

I call it Ford syndrome :t:

6 hours ago, mrss said:

He might of been dejected, so was I watching him score nothing again.

I wasn't particularly cock-a-hoop either but I'd have thought it's worse for the riders ......